NRL NRL 2021 Grand Final - Penrith vs South Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Penrith had the luck on the night but they were the better side. South's only put Cleary under pressure once and his kicking made a real difference. Full credit to Penrith, they had to beat the Storm and a side that had beaten them narrowly two weeks previously and they got there.

Would Latrell Mitchell have made a difference during the finals? Losing a player to injury on the eve of the finals is bad luck but losing a star player and play maker to suspension with finals on the horizon is poor judgement on his part.

Penrith had the luck on the night but they were the better side. South's only put Cleary under pressure once and his kicking made a real difference. Full credit to Penrith, they had to beat the Storm and a side that had beaten them narrowly two weeks previously and they got there.

Would Latrell Mitchell have made a difference during the finals? Losing a player to injury on the eve of the finals is bad luck but losing a star player and play maker to suspension with finals on the horizon is poor judgement on his part.
Actually think the back up fullback was great. Latrell is a proper freak, just the threat of him helps massively unnerve a defence but the new kid was really solid

Actually think the back up fullback was great. Latrell is a proper freak, just the threat of him helps massively unnerve a defence but the new kid was really solid

He did an admirable job but he just didn't have the body mass to bend the defensive line and get the set starts rolling; he was continually getting rag-dolled and pushed back in tackles all night.
Lattrell would 100% have made a difference. For one: he's a massive unit, his sheer size would've made a big difference bringing the ball back which is ultimately where Souths lost the game.

He did an admirable job but he just didn't have the body mass to bend the defensive line and get the set starts rolling; he was continually getting rag-dolled and pushed back in tackles all night.
Lattrell would 100% have made a difference. For one: he's a massive unit, his sheer size would've made a big difference bringing the ball back which is ultimately where Souths lost the game.
I'm not sure. I probably don't know enough about league these days.(after living in the US for 20 years) but it seemed to me the Souths forwards consistently didn't failed to make enough yards in the first couple of tackles and the defenders didn't put enough pressure on Cleary's kicking. As a result, Penrith dominated field position. If you change that, I'd say you will probably change the result. Latrell is amazing, but that change in tackling pressure would have been enough evwn without him, IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team wins the GF. But under the current circumstances, so what?

I'm not from there, I don't know anyone who's into RL irl. I go to work the next day, everyone's miserable. No one knows I like RL, let alone that I go for Penrith.

I remember last year, I was getting slowly worked up throughout the weekend in the build up to the Panthers winning the GF. This year it was a momentary distraction.

Your team wins the GF. But under the current circumstances, so what?

I'm not from there, I don't know anyone who's into RL irl. I go to work the next day, everyone's miserable. No one knows I like RL, let alone that I go for Penrith.

I remember last year, I was getting slowly worked up throughout the weekend in the build up to the Panthers winning the GF. This year it was a momentary distraction.
It's similar for me and NFL. Have no one IRL to share it with, except the folk on the bigfooty board, reddit. But i have NRL to share living in NSW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back