Semi
Manly 30 - 10 Roosters
Penrith 26 - Parra 16

PF
Manly 22 - Souths 20
Melbourne 19 - Penrith 12

GF
Melbourne 26 - Manly 14

Many will get smacked. Honestly the points table tells a story. The top 3 are miles ahead of the rest. Manly have issues that Souths will target and have done this season. Manly have 1 payer, take him out and they are pretty ordinary.

Then very little in Victoria will watch, they'd get more ratings twilight rather than night.

Not in NSW and QLD mate! That is where 90% of the market is. It rates at night after dinner Twlight is rubbish and Saturday Twilight is 100 times worse!

Stupidity at it's finest

No stupidity is thinking the NRL won't have a night prelim. Everyone in NSW and QLD are doing things during the day. Why on earth would the NRL change the time just because the rival GF is on. It rates better at night.

Not in NSW and QLD mate! That is where 90% of the market is. It rates at night after dinner Twlight is rubbish and Saturday Twilight is 100 times worse!
Well it is the Melbourne based team that finished top and doesn't deserve this. In fact they finished on top so they should be getting a longer break anyway. If NSW and QLD viewers wouldn't watch a twilight prelim then that shows the NRL is failing, if they can only get people watching at night during a lockdown.

No stupidity is thinking the NRL won't have a night prelim. Everyone in NSW and QLD are doing things during the day. Why on earth would the NRL change the time just because the rival GF is on. It rates better at night.
During a lockdown? Seriously

Then very little in Victoria will watch, they'd get more ratings twilight rather than night.

No they wouldn't. The fans they'd get from Victoria they'd lose from NSW/QLD. Plus you are forgetting one thing, Twilight sucks as a viewer and like it or not it's a TV sport.

Well it is the Melbourne based team that finished top and doesn't deserve this. In fact they finished on top so they should be getting a longer break anyway. If NSW and QLD viewers wouldn't watch a twilight prelim then that shows the NRL is failing, if they can only get people watching at night during a lockdown.

It is just the way it is. People cook dinner do what they have to during the day, then want to sit down and watch the footy at night. This is actually perfect don't have to watch the worst AFL GF in years anyway.

Honestly it was always going to be at night. It is still a QLD/NSW sport heck the prelim is in QLD! So you want to impact on those people attending the game too...

It is just the way it is. People cook dinner do what they have to during the day, then want to sit down and watch the footy at night. This is actually perfect don't have to watch the worst AFL GF in years anyway.

Honestly it was always going to be at night. It is still a QLD/NSW sport heck the prelim is in QLD! So you want to impact on those people attending the game too...
Clearly attendance isn't a priority if finals are getting played at 10k stadium at Rockinghamption. If QLD/NSW fans won't watch a twilight prelim then the sport is pretty much dead.

Or why isn’t the Storm playing on Friday?

Ch9 would have the choice probably. They'd probably view an all NSW prelim as the number 1 game and in these times you have to allow that. It would rate higher.

Clearly attendance isn't a priority if finals are getting played at 10k stadium at Rockinghamption. If QLD/NSW fans won't watch a twilight prelim then the sport is pretty much dead.

Twilight is awful honestly it's the worst time. The NRL haven't used that time bar week 1 of finals and haven't for years. The GF is at Suncorp, and they want the surface to be 100%. I don't see why it is that big a deal, if you go for Melbourne you'd be watching the NRL anyway!

Twilight is awful honestly it's the worst time. The NRL haven't used that time bar week 1 of finals and haven't for years. The GF is at Suncorp, and they want the surface to be 100%. I don't see why it is that big a deal, if you go for Melbourne you'd be watching the NRL anyway!
No, I’ll be watching the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I’ll be watching the AFL

Then that is your decision. Doubt I'll last more than a quarter of the AFL, either way I lose in that GF, Melbourne the lesser of two awful outcomes.

I'll be watching the NRL and I'm glad it's at night. Racing during the day and NRL at night.

Then that is your decision. Doubt I'll last more than a quarter of the AFL, either way I lose in that GF, Melbourne the lesser of two awful outcomes.

I'll be watching the NRL and I'm glad it's at night. Racing during the day and NRL at night.
We shouldn’t have to choose...

We shouldn’t have to choose...

LOL you still haven't come up with an alternative that isn't a shocking Twilight game. Twilight just does not work (it is bad enough during the season there is no need for it when there are only 4 teams left) and it doesn't rate anywhere near as much. You recon Ch9 wants that? Come on be serious.

Happy the NRL have kept it at night, it's better for QLD and NSW and like it or not half the game is a NSW team (either Parra or Penrith).

LOL you still haven't come up with an alternative that isn't a shocking Twilight game. Twilight just does not work (it is bad enough during the season there is no need for it when there are only 4 teams left) and it doesn't rate anywhere near as much. You recon Ch9 wants that? Come on be serious.

Happy the NRL have kept it at night, it's better for QLD and NSW and like it or not half the game is a NSW team (either Parra or Penrith).
Again! I’m saying the storm game should be on Friday!!! They are the top team so should be given the extra days break anyway leading into the GF!!!

Again! I’m saying the storm game should be on Friday!!! They are the top team so should be given the extra days break anyway leading into the GF!!!

Ch9 won't do it- two NSW teams will always have top billing. I don't like it but I can understand it in this period of financial stress for the game (all sports are like this at the moment). Two NSW teams Souths vs Manly/Roosters will rate higher than Melbourne vs Penrith (two of the smaller fanbases in the game). Again I don't like it but Ch 9 would have pushed for the game on a Friday to be the one that will rate higher.

The AFL could have always had a day GF you know...where's the angst at them here?

NRL was never changing from a night game. One was always on a Friday and one on a Saturday. 9 would have had the choice which one rates higher and in these times that's fine.

Yea, I get all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back