NRL NRL 2021 Season - Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Parra had a challenge left when that happened, they couldn’t challenge cause Klein called it a pass not a knock on (I’m pretty sure)

They still blew one earlier or did they somehow get a challenge back somehow

By any measure if it’s a pass it’s flat at worst (looked back for mine).

Lets be real not as if Moses would have set a try up, we only missed another bomb!

They looked out on their feet last week against Souths, they looked absolutely spent again tonight. No one is 100% at this time of year but they are wellllll below what a rested storm will be

It is a massive advantage having the week off always has been. Weirdly as rubbish as Penrith were they are a better chance next week

Probably more the field position and potential for repeat sets for someone else (Gutho) to make something happen to be honest.

I thought Moses was alright in the first half but absolutely went missing in the second.

As usual really. As my dad says, if you are relying on Moses winning a premiership it's never going to happen. Bloke has 1 play.

It is a massive advantage having the week off always has been. Weirdly as rubbish as Penrith were they are a better chance next week
I thought the dogs would be cooked for the Port prelim and was proven woefully wrong.
I’d never rite off anyone in a prelim but riffs will start a long way back imo.

Parra really only had one play and it's why Moses got found out at Origin...5 tackles, bomb...5 tackles bomb...rinse and repeat.
Parramatta is the highest scoring team from kicks and one of the reasons is Moses' bombs are the best in the game and Waqa Blake and Sivo are two of the best at defusing and scoring off the bomb.

I actually give credit to Penrith and their edge defense, Parramatta had variety and tried a lot of different plays but they couldn't get through them. They only got on the outside of them once for the entire game, and that was when Fergo broke clear on the halfway and then put in an poor kick for Penisini, who was probably offside.

By any measure if it’s a pass it’s flat at worst (looked back for mine).
It was, everyone on Channel 9 including Freddy said it went backwards, another poor decision by Klein that favoured Penrith.

They won the challenge (it wasn't a knock on IIRC) but conceded a penalty. They still keep their challenge which is weird, but that's the rules at the moment..

Don’t think they ever blew their challenge. They had one successful and another successful (that actually worked out worse for them).

Curious could Gutho have challenged the strip on the tackle in the corner after the Paulo knock on? I swear Parra challenged a call a play after last week?

Parramatta is the highest scoring team from kick and one of the reason is Moses' bombs are the best in the game and Waqa Blake and Sivo are two of the best at defusing and scoring off the bomb.

I actually give credit to Penrith and their edge defense, Parramatta had variety and tried a lot of different plays but they couldn't get through them. They only got on the outside of them once for the entire game, and that was when Fergo broke clear on the halfway and then put in an poor kick for Penisini, who was probably offside.

Problem is if that is ALL you have you aren't going far. What did Parra throw at Penrith aside from the bomb bare in mind Souths flogged this team last week- the score flattered Penrith. Parra badly need a 5/8th (Brown is very ordinary), and obviously Mahoney was missed

Don’t think they ever blew their challenge. They had one successful and another successful (that actually worked out worse for them).

Curious could Gutho have challenged the strip on the tackle in the corner after the Paulo knock on? I swear Parra challenged a call a play after last week?

How does the second one which ended up being a penalty NOT be an unsuccessful challenge lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual really. As my dad says, if you are relying on Moses winning a premiership it's never going to happen. Bloke has 1 play.
Penrith had more of the ball and the field position in the second half, especially the first 25-30 minutes. Overall I think Moses played a good game, he kicked well and tried to run more in the second half, but again Penrith's defense held strong.

Problem is if that is ALL you have you aren't going far. What did Parra throw at Penrith aside from the bomb bare in mind Souths flogged this team last week- the score flattered Penrith. Parra badly need a 5/8th (Brown is very ordinary), and obviously Mahoney was missed
Moses had a really smart little grubber that nearly came off. The other genuine looks came from broken play work by Gutho.

Having said that, Penrith were probably worse. Possession, position and repeat sets and honestly only looked like scoring twice foe the whole second half (only to botch it)

Cause the action they challenged on was incorrect, the play after that they infringed (I think it went from being a knock on to a two on one strip?)

What a stupid rule if that is the case, you are right but that is so dumb.

Moses had a really smart little grubber that nearly came off. The other genuine looks came from broken play work by Gutho.

Having said that, Penrith were probably worse. Possession, position and repeat sets and honestly only looked like scoring twice foe the whole second half (only to botch it)

To be fair Penrith did score in the second half only reversed due to passive offside which is a very inconsistent ruling at the best of times. Problem is all Moses does is kick was an issue with Cleary 2-3 years ago. Just don't see Moses changing. He's limited.

To be fair Penrith did score in the second half only reversed due to passive offside which is a very inconsistent ruling at the best of times. Problem is all Moses does is kick was an issue with Cleary 2-3 years ago. Just don't see Moses changing. He's limited.
Scored a belter last week with a run. Challenged the line with a couple of good runs tonight.

Reckon you’re being harsh on him personally.

Scored a belter last week with a run. Challenged the line with a couple of good runs tonight.

Reckon you’re being harsh on him personally.

Against Newcastle who lets be real like the Titans had no place in being in the finals. I'm happy if Parra keep relying on him one less team to worry about. One thing I will say is it isn't helped by having a 5/8 who would be better nowhere near the side. Badly need a genuine second playmaker if they want to continue with Moses. He isn't going to cut it.

Against Newcastle who lets be real like the Titans had no place in being in the finals. I'm happy if Parra keep relying on him one less team to worry about. One thing I will say is it isn't helped by having a 5/8 who would be better nowhere near the side. Badly need a genuine second playmaker if they want to continue with Moses. He isn't going to cut it.
It honestly seems like you’d find some random issue with anyone pointing out anything contrary to what you think of him. Not every 7 is going to be Andrew Johns. He was really good last week and pretty good tonight if Parra move him on there’s not exactly a plethora of available halves that would be an upgrade.

Interesting that Arthur kept Nathan Brown on the bench for the whole second half. Was really poor in the first and probably deserved to stay there, but it would have nice to see him redeem himself with a strong final 20 minutes.

Interesting that Arthur kept Nathan Brown on the bench for the whole second half. Was really poor in the first and probably deserved to stay there, but it would have nice to see him redeem himself with a strong final 20 minutes.

Should have played Matterson don't know why he wasn't playing.

Parra fans- if Arthur goes as many of you wish, who do you want as coach?
Paul Green and Cameron Ciraldo probably best rated out there. Wayne Bennett returning to Queensland so can rule him out.

Yep main diff tonight was Clearys kicking vs Moses'
Didn't think Cleary's kicking was very special tonight, I think the strong defense from both teams meant that the halves were kicking from inside their defensive 30 more often than not. Overall, I thought Moses was getting more distance from his kicks and causing a lot more trouble for Penrith's back three than Cleary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back