NRL NRL 2021 Season - Finals Week 2

Parra fans- if Arthur goes as many of you wish, who do you want as coach?
Paul Green and Cameron Ciraldo probably best rated out there. Wayne Bennett returning to Queensland so can rule him out.

Flanaghan is surely the best one out there available

Should have played Matterson don't know why he wasn't playing.
You didn't watch the game at all did you?

Matterson started on the bench, and ended up running for around 140 metres. Was a pretty strong game overall. Parramatta should have started the game with Matterson and Papali'i instead of Lane and Niakore in the second row.

Matterson started on the bench, and ended up running for around 140 metres. Was a pretty strong game overall. Parramatta should have started the game with Matterson and Papali'i instead of Lane and Niakore in the second row.

Fair point, he should have played 80 then. Lane was alright but has seemed to be injured most of the season. Whether it's injury or form who knows. He had a great season last year

Parra fans- if Arthur goes as many of you wish, who do you want as coach?
Paul Green and Cameron Ciraldo probably best rated out there. Wayne Bennett returning to Queensland so can rule him out.
Depends on whether the Tigers sack McGuire. He is a good coach that isn't suited to a rabble like the Tigers, may have a better chance of success at a stronger team like Parra. Of the ones you mentioned, Green is a poor choice, he showed during SOO he isn't cut out for coaching and past his used by date. I don't know enough about Ciraldo to have an opinion.

Anyone says Flanagan should be taken to gallows and hung. Terrible idea.

Last edited:
Fair point, he should have played 80 then. Lane was alright but has seemed to be injured most of the season. Whether it's injury or form who knows. He had a great season last year
Lane hasn't missed a game in nearly three years. During the coverage they mentioned he was playing his 57th consecutive game.

I suggest you leave the Rugby League Boards because you obviously know nothing about the game, don't watch any of the games and are only here to troll.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
A good tough contest. I think we all agree that Klein isn't the best ref, and in a close game, decisions come under scrutiny. The best team won, just about, but I can feel Bellamy's sticky fingers on the trophy. Penrith have been playing great attacking footy for most of the season, but much of that seems to have deserted them lately. I think it's going to be a massive ask for them to run the Storm close.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Absolute blatant rigging by the refs, one of the worst and lopsided reffing performances i've seen, worse than 2016 afl gf imo. Storm will annihilate the panthers and I can't wait.

Manly should match the rabbits pack and win comfortably. I'm on Manly and Storm 13+ @15s.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

It was Matto's first game back since round 22 and the eels have improved their defence with niukore and lane starting. It was the correct decision to start Matto from the bench. No spot for Papali starting with RCG returning as FRF. They decided to use Papali off the bench for extra impact whenever paulo/rcg came off.

Nathan Brown was horrible, I suspect he's carrying some sort of injury. Cartwright selection was poor imo, they should've picked a proper FRF who could provide impact like makatoa or kaufusi. Especially considering they had matto on the bench who can cover any 2rf spot.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Just watched replay. Not a fan of trainers being able to stop the play in those circumstances. Looking forward to next week - hopefully Storm start fast again. Prefer Souths to Manly though think it will be close. Pity Fatty Mitchell put cheap hits above his club - game would be better if he was out there.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am really sad, but that was an incredible final. One of the best I have ever seen.
If we had Reed Mahoney, that was a different game. Ray Stone was the only player who had a few poor plays, and in such a close contest that was the difference.

Yep if mahoney plays we probably win.

A play in the first half had a roll on 10m out and stone missed the pass and had to collect it we probably score if it ended up with moses on a overlap

They can at least be proud they are the only team to beat Melbourne twice and lost to penrith by a penalty goal and a field goal in 2 games.

Anyway 35 year drought turns into 36. I just hope i live long enough to see them win a premiership.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was Matto's first game back since round 22 and the eels have improved their defence with niukore and lane starting. It was the correct decision to start Matto from the bench. No spot for Papali starting with RCG returning as FRF. They decided to use Papali off the bench for extra impact whenever paulo/rcg came off.

Nathan Brown was horrible, I suspect he's carrying some sort of injury. Cartwright selection was poor imo, they should've picked a proper FRF who could provide impact like makatoa or kaufusi. Especially considering they had matto on the bench who can cover any 2rf spot.

Brown has been injured since they relocated to QLD shouldn't have played

Just watched replay. Not a fan of trainers being able to stop the play in those circumstances. Looking forward to next week - hopefully Storm start fast again. Prefer Souths to Manly though think it will be close. Pity Fatty Mitchell put cheap hits above his club - game would be better if he was out there.
Unless the player is out cold, wobbly or screaming in agony with a foot hanging at a 90 degree angle, the trainer should not be allowed to call for time off before he has assessed the player. And if he calls time off, then the player should be taken from the field and not allowed to return for at least ten minutes. They don't get a free interchange unless foul play is involved.

Sivo can piss off back to Fiji he hasnt been missed since he got injured. In fact Parra revival in last month has come from having more speed in backline, better lateral movement defensively and wingers willing to carry the ball back
Actually, I probably agree with you, he is no where near as good as Radradra who was the most exciting winger I've seen in Blue and Gold since Eric Grothe snr, but Sivo is a prolific try scorer and it is something we have been lacking in the last month or so.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Unless the player is out cold, wobbly or screaming in agony with a foot hanging at a 90 degree angle, the trainer should not be allowed to call for time off before he has assessed the player. And if he calls time off, then the player should be taken from the field and not allowed to return for at least ten minutes. They don't get a free interchange unless foul play is involved.

Pretty clear why the trainer wanted to stop it. Terrible look. I’m also getting sick of players staying down waiting for the bunker to review a tackle or hit. Ferguson got called out tonight but players at all clubs are doing it. Beggars belief how many penalties are called after a player has stayed down. Refs should grow some balls and call it when they see it. Still got me ****ed how Klein didn’t call one on Mitchell.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Actually, I probably agree with you, he is no where near as good as Radradra who was the most exciting winger I've seen in Blue and Gold since Eric Grothe snr, but Sivo is a prolific try scorer and it is something we have been lacking in the last month or so.

Most of his tries are falling over the tryline unmarked these days. Charlie staines from Penrith is similar. His strike rate is high but how many of them are from his inside man giving him a free passage.

Sivo is just too lazy and slow and your right he doesn't even come close to semi radradra who could score a try from anything.

Chuck semi in there instead of sivo in the past 3 years we probably could have got to a GF by now he is the x-factor we are missing that separates them from the top 4

Jul 29, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Bombers, SA Spurs, Browns and Eels
Yep if mahoney plays we probably win.

A play in the first half had a roll on 10m out and stone missed the pass and had to collect it we probably score if it ended up with moses on a overlap

They can at least be proud they are the only team to beat Melbourne twice and lost to penrith by a penalty goal and a field goal in 2 games.

Anyway 35 year drought turns into 36. I just hope i live long enough to see them win a premiership.

Haha, I am cursed, I'll never see a Grand Final win. Essendon and Parramatta!

Back