NRL NRL 2021 Season - Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 17th September
Manly-Warringah vs Sydney Roosters (BB Print Stadium, Mackay - 19:50)

Saturday 18th September
Penrith vs Parramatta (BB Print Stadium, Mackay - 19:50)

1631711649144.png

1631711670447.png

Last edited:

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
All the pressure will be on Parra's little brother Penrith this week.

They have lost just 4 games in the last 2 years in the regular season and two of those losses were origin affected. And won 39 in that time.

If they don't recover to win the comp thats 2 years of complete dominance for absolutely nothing to show for it. The fallout won't be pretty and chokers tag warranted

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
All the pressure will be on Parra's little brother Penrith this week.

They have lost just 4 games in the last 2 years in the regular season and two of those losses were origin affected. And won 39 in that time.

If they don't recover to win the comp thats 2 years of complete dominance for absolutely nothing to show for it. The fallout won't be pretty and chokers tag warranted
Have you completely dominated the comp when you didn't win the minor premiership?

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have you completely dominated the comp when you didn't win the minor premiership?

They finished on same wins this year as Melbourne lost just 3 games and 2 of those losses were origin affected with the 2nd string players.

I cant remember the last team to not win the minor premiership after losing just 3 games in a regular season.

They have won more games then the storm in last 2 years they have been pretty dominant.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon Sydney beat Manly on Friday. Just feel like the Roosters have a team with experience. The game against the Titans was a awake up call.

Looking at who Manly played leading into the finals, they seamed to struggle against the quality sides. Beat up the dog sh*t teams. Played the Raiders couple times and weren't flash against them.

Penrith to beat Parra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Personally think the roosters have had so many outs it has to catch up to them. I’d tip Manly but could defs see an upset.

Same with Riff v Parra, panthers looked absolutely shot in the last 20 and probably needed a week off more than most but Parra looked pretty lifeless v Knights.

The odds on these games are absurd btw.

Even without Mahoney and Sivo I think Parramatta are chance this weekend, but I would be a little more confident if Papali'i was starting and Kaufusi replaced Lane on the bench.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Can see both outsiders wining in a close game. Manly are like Port, can beat up on teams worse than them but struggle against teams at a similar level or better. IMO their pack lacks toughness apart from Jurbo. Roosters missing Verills is a big blow, they'll have either a makeshift hooker or rookie hooker.

Panthers v Eels could be anything. Wouldn't be surprised if panthers smoked the eels or if eels won in a close game. IMO, eels need to be physical from the start and can't let panthers get a big lead. I can see the panthers seizing up again and eels have enough attacking threats to score points.

Both games should be epics encounters, hope we see some aggro in both of em especially panthers v eels. They don't like each other.

Thinking Penrith easily and Manly in a tightish tussle by about a try.

The fact we're all giving the Roosters a solid chance shows just what a fantastically well run club they are with a deep playing list. They may be hard to like for many but they're so easy to admire.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
The fact we're all giving the Roosters a solid chance shows just what a fantastically well run club they are with a deep playing list. They may be hard to like for many but they're so easy to admire.

Certainly can't deny how well they've done this year.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

Yep, massive admiration of the roosters. Such a professional club, unlike my team the dragons who are a basketcase from top down lol.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I'd echo that. Remember at the start of the season, people were saying they had no chance because Keary was out! And that was just the beginning of their injury issues.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

This is as proud as I’ve been of either of my footy teams for a while. We cop a lot of s**t but the fact that we continually turn over ‘good’ players who play good footy at other clubs AND bring in quality replacements who thrive under Robbo and in a different environment speaks volumes. We don’t have much of a junior production line but as far as turning unproven or underachieving players in to quality first graders goes, only Melbourne rival us. People like to throw shade about the salary cap etc and the lack of juniors but the fact is we play football with a fair bit of ticker and the cliched ‘next man up’ mentality and it’s a credit to robinson and the leaders within the club. Friend and cordner deserve a lot of credit for building that

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can see both games being a 1-12 margin to wither side

+12.5 Roosters tonight, yes they are depleted but still have that mentality to dig deep in finals

Plus Manly looked shocking last week and Turbo was found out

jshster

Rookie
Feb 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope both of these games live up to what they look like on paper - absolutely rippers. The way the Sea-Eagles finished the year you'd think they'll get the chooks but the chooks have just kept going all year, despite their injuries. Never write them off. I was about to say you'd would have to back Penrith against the Eels surely but then looked at recent results and it doesn't look so clear cut. 2nd string Eels were good for a half a couple of weeks back but then they were blown away easily. Different team this week.

I just hope they are both nail biters down to the last few mins....

Tipping Sea-Eagles and Panthers for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back