NRL NRL 2021 Season - Finals Week 3

jshster

Rookie
Feb 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Had a bad feeling that was going to be costly. :(

Penrith will probably go in as small favourites with the bookies but feels like a 50/50 game.

I'm actually stumped how Penrith are favourites to be honest. They have next to zero attacking flair at the moment. Somehow despite my Storm playing their worst game in 5 years they still only got over for 2 tries. Given how many times we shot ourselves in the foot (and the subsequent dropping of heads) they still couldn't get through. In the end we fall short by what, a metre.....

Penrith's defense on the other hand was ridiculously good. Having said they I still think there should have been about 5-6 more 6 agains to the Storm for holding down. They were dead set on there for 3 hours sometimes and it was just "play on". Outside of that I didn't think the ref was that bad. Things didn't go our way but I every replay I looked at I thought "yep, that was there".

Back to the GF, Souths seem to have a lot of attacking options for mine. This is a genuine 50/50 game but based on what we've seen over the past 3 weeks I'm favouring Souths.... just not by much!

I'm actually stumped how Penrith are favourites to be honest. They have next to zero attacking flair at the moment. Somehow despite my Storm playing their worst game in 5 years they still only got over for 2 tries. Given how many times we shot ourselves in the foot (and the subsequent dropping of heads) they still couldn't get through. In the end we fall short by what, a metre.....

Penrith's defense on the other hand was ridiculously good. Having said they I still think there should have been about 5-6 more 6 agains to the Storm for holding down. They were dead set on there for 3 hours sometimes and it was just "play on". Outside of that I didn't think the ref was that bad. Things didn't go our way but I every replay I looked at I thought "yep, that was there".

Back to the GF, Souths seem to have a lot of attacking options for mine. This is a genuine 50/50 game but based on what we've seen over the past 3 weeks I'm favouring Souths.... just not by much!

Tend to agree actually, I don't really look at the odds but I was stunned when Penrith were massive favourites this week. Their attack still looks awful and how many of their forwards are actually fit? Kikau looks busted, JFH is injured (no idea whether he plays), TPJ is injured too. That's half their pack!

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lots of people thought Penrith would be tanked for the Melbourne game so I'm not riding them off. It's a 50-50 game imo.
Yeh i certainly wrote them off pre Storm game. Would have put the house on Melbourne (thankfully im not a betting man). Wouldnt do it again.

Id say Souths should probably start faves but that just because they kind of have to have a favourite. Its a real line ball game, hoping for a close one.

How do you figure that?

The loading system is complete rubbish and the first incident that caused the loading was completely stupid. As if Cleary would have been charged. It’s something tht needs to be looked at post season. Plus there is the fact that finals should be worth more

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The loading system is complete rubbish and the first incident that caused the loading was completely stupid. As if Cleary would have been charged. It’s something tht needs to be looked at post season. Plus there is the fact that finals should be worth more
Not sure that the fact Cleary would have been cleared was her point, shes indicating that the rule only applies to Latrell which it doesnt.

Argue the old "Toby tax" if you like but that wasnt her point.

And are you suggesting that he should have had weeks reduced because he misses finals? Or that serving a two game suspension during finals should only take one game?

Last week you were arguing that the MRP and tribunal have done a good job this season now youre saying that the wife of a player (who might be just a touch biased) is right in her criticism of them...

Not sure that the fact Cleary would have been cleared was her point, shes indicating that the rule only applies to Latrell which it doesnt.

Argue the old "Toby tax" if you like but that wasnt her point.

And are you suggesting that he should have had weeks reduced because he misses finals? Or that serving a two game suspension during finals should only take one game?

Last week you were arguing that the MRP and tribunal have done a good job this season now youre saying that the wife of a player (who might be just a touch biased) is right in her criticism of them...

They have done a good job with the cards they have been dealt. That doesn’t mean the system is perfect. Finals should be worth 2 games each for starters, this to be fair is nothing new a lot of people have been saying this. I know Melbourne are out but how it’s right tht Grant would have missed a GF for that “crusher” doesn’t sit right.

The first incident caused the loading this was the one decision of the year, well that one and there was one from the Warriors whose name escapes me. Those two were incorrect in my view. Did Latrell deserve to get a few for the Manu hit yes, did he deserve 6. No not for me and not when 3 are finals

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
They have done a good job with the cards they have been dealt. That doesn’t mean the system is perfect. Finals should be worth 2 games each for starters, this to be fair is nothing new a lot of people have been saying this. I know Melbourne are out but how it’s right tht Grant would have missed a GF for that “crusher” doesn’t sit right.

The first incident caused the loading this was the one decision of the year, well that one and there was one from the Warriors whose name escapes me. Those two were incorrect in my view. Did Latrell deserve to get a few for the Manu hit yes, did he deserve 6. No not for me and not when 3 are finals
Are you genuinely arguing there should be different penalties applied because a player might miss a final?

Youve had some real s**t takes over the years LP but this ones right up there.

Are you genuinely arguing there should be different penalties applied because a player might miss a final?

Youve had some real sh*t takes over the years LP but this ones right up there.

Any player in finals should- doesn’t matter who that player is, whether it be Grant, whether it be Mitchell, whoever. Have been saying for years scale the games same
With Origins and test matches.

Something like 200 points for finals and 150 for Origins and tests. There is no way a regular club game should be worth a final and even worse a GF. It would be a shocking look had Melbourne got through and Grant being suspended for that. We say it every year though so I’ve given up the NRL actually having the nads to change this though. If they can just work on calling forward passes I’ll take that at this rate

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Any player in finals should- doesn’t matter who that player is, whether it be Grant, whether it be Mitchell, whoever. Have been saying for years scale the games same
With Origins and test matches.

Something like 200 points for finals and 150 for Origins and tests. There is no way a regular club game should be worth a final and even worse a GF. It would be a shocking look had Melbourne got through and Grant being suspended for that. We say it every year though so I’ve given up the NRL actually having the nads to change this though. If they can just work on calling forward passes I’ll take that at this rate
So you want Latrells incident (which happened in the regular season remember) to be 6 regular games but then only 3 finals games (which would mean he would still miss the grand final by my count) and further more want incidents that occur in finals to get half the alloted weeks of a regular season incident.

And you dont see any problem with how you adjudicate and administer that?

So you want Latrells incident (which happened in the regular season remember) to be 6 regular games but then only 3 finals games (which would mean he would still miss the grand final by my count) and further more want incidents that occur in finals to get half the alloted weeks of a regular season incident.

And you dont see any problem with how you adjudicate and administer that?

Would be very simple to adjudicate actually. Isn’t about Mitchell we would have had Grant miss a GF for a very minor offence. Grand Finals should be 200-300 I mean players go their career without playing one they shouldn’t miss one for a shoulder charge or some minor incident. Mitchell would have still been out but he wouldn’t have had the stupid other one earlier in the year been adjudicated correctly. I’d say the same with anyone we don’t need players missing grand finals unless it’s dead set king hitting blokes which just doesn’t happen nowadays

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would be very simple to adjudicate actually. Isn’t about Mitchell we would have had Grant miss a GF for a very minor offence. Grand Finals should be 200-300 I mean players go their career without playing one they shouldn’t miss one for a shoulder charge or some minor incident. Mitchell would have still been out but he wouldn’t have had the stupid other one earlier in the year been adjudicated correctly. I’d say the same with anyone we don’t need players missing grand finals unless it’s dead set king hitting blokes which just doesn’t happen nowadays
Yeh, nah, if it’s a suspension in May it’s one in September. If anything should be more scrutinized in finals (like it is in the afl).

Yeh, nah, if it’s a suspension in May it’s one in September. If anything should be more scrutinized in finals (like it is in the afl).

Each to their own. It’s fine I don’t expect the NRL to change anyway…although letting Cleary off hasn’t changed as usual.

Back