DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
So Roosters V Storm grand final then? This is tongue in cheek so relax, but at their peak those two teams really do stand out. It’s like the Hawthorn and Geelong of the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raptalia

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I reckon the top six is pretty well set with Storm, Chooks, Bunnies, Panthers, Eels and Raiders all looking pretty strong. The other two spots will probably be fought out between Newcastle, Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs. I would like to put the Sharks in the mix but I do not think we have recruited well enough and our draw over the next few weeks is pretty tough particularly without our no1 play maker in Shaun Johnson missing until the second half of the season.

Rather strange first round fixture with six of last year's top eight pitted against six of last season's bottom eight. Net result not a really close game among the lot. You would have thought the NRL would have kick started the new season with a couple of nail biters. It all started with plenty of FOXTEL hype around the Storm v Bunnies season opener but then fizzled out with some one sided contests.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Not sure the Bulldogs will be anywhere near the 8 based on the game I watched against us. Started ok but were pretty disappointing all in all.

Was a good win for us but my god I’d love to go a game without a member of our spine getting injured 🤦🏼‍♂️

moto748

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
raptalia I think you're a tad down on your own team there. I would still fancy them to finish higher than the four clubs you mention.

Gigantic

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
He probably won't break into the Roosters side until SOO if even that. And he turns 18 in 5 months anyway.

They did it just to flex some muscle so Uncle Nick can keep showing everyone who's in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad