NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 1

Thursday 11th March
Melbourne vs South Sydney (AAMI Park - 20:05)

Friday 12th March
Newcastle vs Canterbury-Bankstown (McDonald Jones Stadium - 18:00)
Brisbane vs Parramatta (Suncorp Stadium - 20:05)

Saturday 13th March
New Zealand vs Gold Coast (Central Coast Stadium - 15:00)
Sydney Roosters vs Manly-Warringah (SCG - 17:30)
Penrith vs North Queensland (Panthers Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 14th March
Canberra vs Wests Tigers (GIO Stadium - 16:05)
St.George-Illawarra vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 18:15)

Last edited:
hursday 11th March

Tip: Souths, just in better form and should be the title favourites with the squad they have.

Friday 12th March
Tip: Don't want to tip in this game, I'll go Newcastle but zero confidence.

Tip: Parra to win but it will be close.

Saturday 13th March
Tip: Warriors only because its at home!

Tip: Roosters by a lot, Manly are spoon contenders.

Tip: Don't rate Penrith as much as many but the Cowboys are horrible.

Sunday 14th March
Tip: Canberra at home will be too strong.

tip: Who on earth knows, Cronulla maybe?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
What an opening match tonight, Premiers against a team widely tipped to be Premiers this year.
I could see this going to Golden Point or decided by less than 2 points either way.

This is what I reckon the AFL should be doing with the opening fixture, the Premiers at home against a likely predicted contender.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Apart from opening match, this round isn't that exciting.

Thursday 11th March
South's by 2, but it's an either way game and I reckon it will be within 2 points either way.

Friday 12th March
Would be an easy tip with Ponga in, but I reckon with him out they'll still win, but a danger game.

The Broncos were awful last year, and I don't see them not being poor again this year.

Saturday 13th March
Shouldn't matter where this in played in Aus, if Titans are seriously going to improve this year as predicted, they should be beating the hubbed away from home Warriors.

Roosters have lost some depth, but they should still be too good all over the park, provided the old men Morris' can still play.

Grand Finalists at home against a crap side. This should be 13+ win to the Panthers.

Sunday 14th March
This one could be closer than thought, but the Raiders in Canberra won't lose to the inconsistent Tigers imo.

Flip a coin, I went with the home team. I've got no idea though.

What an opening match tonight, Premiers against a team widely tipped to be Premiers this year.
I could see this going to Golden Point or decided by less than 2 points either way.

This is what I reckon the AFL should be doing with the opening fixture, the Premiers at home against a likely predicted contender.

I know I'm looking forward to tonight rather than the AFL first match which will just be a likely flogging. I hate Golden Point though

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I know I'm looking forward to tonight rather than the AFL first match which will just be a likely flogging. I hate Golden Point though
I don't mind it, it can make for some pretty exciting finishes.
The only other option is extra time, which I also wouldn't mind.

Apart from opening match, this round isn't that exciting.

Thursday 11th March
South's by 2, but it's an either way game and I reckon it will be within 2 points either way.

Friday 12th March
Would be an easy tip with Ponga in, but I reckon with him out they'll still win, but a danger game.

The Broncos were awful last year, and I don't see them not being poor again this year.

Saturday 13th March
Shouldn't matter where this in played in Aus, if Titans are seriously going to improve this year as predicted, they should be beating the hubbed away from home Warriors.

Roosters have lost some depth, but they should still be too good all over the park, provided the old men Morris' can still play.

Grand Finalists at home against a crap side. This should be 13+ win to the Panthers.

Sunday 14th March
This one could be closer than thought, but the Raiders in Canberra won't lose to the inconsistent Tigers imo.

Flip a coin, I went with the home team. I've got no idea though.

Agreed, probably the only one I'd be different would be the Cronulla game, think they are a slightly better side but I sure as anything aren't betting on that game!

Warriors game is a flip of the coin. GC have improved but their spine is still pretty average

I don't mind it, it can make for some pretty exciting finishes.
The only other option is extra time, which I also wouldn't mind.

Or option C. Nothing wrong with a draw. I hate the fascination of manufacturing results.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Or option C. Nothing wrong with a draw. I hate the fascination of manufacturing results.
I don't mind a draw if GP/ET can't decide a winner after 10 minutes, but I reckon fans and players want a winner on the day.
Nothing worse for me as a fan than watching a draw lol, but if it can't be split after that extra time then call it, which is what they do today. I like the excitement and pressure rise of GP/ET.

I don't mind a draw if GP/ET can't decide a winner after 10 minutes, but I reckon fans and players want a winner on the day.
Nothing worse for me as a fan than watching a draw lol, but if it can't be split after that extra time then call it, which is what they do today. I like the excitement and pressure rise of GP/ET.

If they HAVE to have this silly GOlden Point change the point system. You shouldn’t get nothing for a draw at full time.

Change it to 4 points for a win

3 points for a win after GP
1 point for a loss after GP

I’m not a fan of GP though it’s this Americanising we didn’t need a draw is a fair result

SO we've got a team who hasn't lost round 1 since 2003 playing a team who's never won in Victoria.

good luck souffs

F6531C4A-EED0-4241-9722-F8EE9D669C41.jpeg

Back