NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 20th May
North Queensland vs Newcastle (Queensland Country Bank Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 21st May
New Zealand vs Wests Tigers (Central Coast Stadiuma - 18:00)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs St.George-Illawarra (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 22nd Mayl
Gold Coast vs Canterbury-Bankstown (Cbus Super Stadium - 15:00)
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane (SCG - 17:30)
Canberra vs Melbourne (GIO Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 23rd May
South Sydney vs Penrith (Apex Oval, Dubbo - 14:00)
Parramatta vs Manly-Warringah (Bankwest Stadium - 16:05)

Last edited:
Sunday games are the blockbusters of the week.

Rest of the round is garbage.

How did channel 9 leave out last years 2 premlinary finalists rematches off FTA.

Cowboys knights on a thursday night a shocking decision

Wonder if the AFL will outrank NRL in Queensland this Friday night?
Shire vs Dragqueens does nothing for me.

They do pretty well when it's not like v like, so it's a possibility.

Brisbane Firehawks launch bid to become NRL's 17th team from 2023

renderTimingPixel.png

Actually if you look at the standings only the top 5 have a positive pts differential.

I think the six again rule for ruck infringements last season was a good idea, but expanding it to include offside at the play the ball has increased the gap between the good and bad teams even further and much as I like the fact that Parramatta is one of the top 5 teams, I think it has had a detrimental effect on quality of games this season. There has been an inevitability to most games which makes it hard to watch.

I don't know whether games have become less competitive; I just watched the Cowboys game, it was competitive at half-time, but as pointed out in commentary, the top sides would have put an 11 man opposition to the sword. Newcastle failed to do that, and in the end, the best side won. But to go back to the new interpretations, they certainly make momentum even more important, and that's what the best teams exploit, so in that sense I agree it widens the gap.

It wasn’t really competitive.
knights scored 2 of their 4 tries with at least a man advantage and still lost by 16. The 11 on 13 aspect was the only reason that it was close.

The quality of football seen so far this weekend has been poor, we have five elite teams and the other 11 clubs are at various levels of mediocrity.

The only thing that can save this season is a Western Sydney derby on Grand Final day. Hopefully with a Blue and Gold victory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality of football seen so far this weekend has been poor, we have five elite teams and the other 11 clubs are at various levels of mediocrity.

The only thing that can save this season is a Western Sydney derby on Grand Final day. Hopefully with a Blue and Gold victory.

I thought last nights early game was pretty good with some amazing tries.

Wonder if the AFL will outrank NRL in Queensland this Friday night?
Shire vs Dragqueens does nothing for me.

Pretty close, but as usual in a like v like the NRL will win. If anything the 72k in Brisbane was pretty disappointing given the multiple threads on the main board trumpeting the NRL's demise in QLD and NSW.

Only 17k in Sydney too.

I thought last nights early game was pretty good with some amazing tries.
The tries looked amazing because the defense was mediocre.

I think the Warriors are one of the better of bottom 11 teams, but they are still a few rungs below the top teams.

I think I read somewhere that the Warriors won't play a game back in NZ this season, it's a shame if true, I think they deserve to play a game or two at home now that we have open borders with the Kiwis.

Also, I hope the NRL move magic round to NZ next season, the Warriors have sacrificed months away from their families for a second year, the NRL needs to take the game back to their Kiwi fans.

I think the Warriors are one of the better of bottom 11 teams, but they are still a few rungs below the top teams.

I think I read somewhere that the Warriors won't play a game back in NZ this season, it's a shame if true, I think they deserve to play a game or two at home now that we have open borders with the Kiwis.

Also, I hope the NRL move magic round to NZ next season, the Warriors have sacrificed months away from their families for a second year, the NRL needs to take the game back to their Kiwi fans.
I think magic round is a joke, but agree that NZ deserve something like that for their efforts.

See, and I think those cut out passes of 3 defenders was a thing of beauty by an exciting young kid and the hole which he went through an example of a having a great turn of speed.

For sure, but they're playing on an uneven playing field.

Yes, no home games. IMO a whole season in NZ with games right around the country in 2022 is the right thing to do.

Last edited:
I hope Pete's watching some of this rubbish.
Imagine this happening in game 1 at the MCG.
victorians will walk out and not watch the game again.

See, and I think those cut out passes of 3 defenders was a thing of beauty by an exciting young kid and the hole which he went through an example of a having a great turn of speed.
A couple of them were long, slow floaters that probably would have been intercepted if they were playing a stronger defensive unit. One of the passes, I think he threw it from behind an opponent as he was falling looked really good though. That said, not a bad game from an 18 year old, there have been few youngster who have made an good impression already this season.

For sure, but they're playing on an uneven playing field.
I agree, which is why I suggest next season, and perhaps a few seasons after that, magic round should be played in New Zealand. One year in Auckland, then Wellington, Christchurch.

Yes, no home games. IMO a whole season in NZ with games right around the country in 2022 is the right thing to do.
Perhaps going too far, but I don't understand why they can't play a few games at home this season. If the Wellington Phoenix can, why can't the Warriors.

Well, obviously, the idea is that we won't. As Aucklander says, this is not going to go away. I don't know about the SH, but I watch the RU highlights in the UK, and they are binning people in the same way for any head contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back