NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 27th May
St.George-Illawarra vs Brisbane (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 28th May
Wests Tigers vs Penrith (Leichhardt Oval - 19:55)

Saturday 29th May
Melbourne vs Gold Coast (Sunshine Coast Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 30th May
Newcastle vs Parramatta (McDonald Jones Stadium - 16:05)

Byes
Canberra, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cronulla-Sutherland, Manly-Warringah
North Queensland, New Zealand, South Sydney, Sydney Roosters

Last edited:
Can the fact of 7 missing origin players and the greatest ground of all stop the Penriff juggernaut?
And screw the Victorian ALP for not being able to watch a live game at AAMI Park this Saturday

I remember about 19 years ago, that WT lost a game to the baby ponies in a similar situation. Brisbane were missing 8 or 9 players and still won.

edit:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

slackboy72

All Australian
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why the heck are the Dragons telling Dufty to look elsewhere beyond this year?

He's still clearly one of the only Dragons players with class
Dufty is not a fullback. He's a 5/8. He's played 5/8 all the way up to NRL. His positional play and defence is very mediocre for a fullback. Not the worst but he's not great.
He's playing fullback because they dropped a lot of money on Corey Norman to play 5/8 and they're too stubborn to admit that Parra sold them a pup.
Dufty could play 5/8 tomorrow for a team like Canterbury or Broncos and they'd improve out of sight.
As to the dragons, they haven't believed him to be a capable fullback for a couple of years now but they haven't found anyone better.
Why you'd dump a player before you found a capable replacement is beyond me. They were hoping for Lomax to do it but he was worse. They were hoping for Ramsey to do it but he was even worse than Lomax. They told Dufty to * off thinking they were going to sign Nicho Hynes. Sharks and Nicho said lol to that.
Dragons are a rabble. 2nd best junior nursery in NSW and they pissed away a golden generation of talent. They had a squad in the juniors 5 years ago that was the equal or better of the penrith squad. One squad got squandered by poor management and tribal in-fighting on the board while the other was turned into a table topping unit.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
they dropped a lot of money on Corey Norman to play 5/8 and they're too stubborn to admit that Parra sold them a pup.

It strikes me that Norman is one of those players (and I think James Roberts is another obvious example), who have the odd impressive game, or, more likely, the odd pretty cameo in a defeat, but just don't contribute enough week in week out to the cause.

slackboy72

All Australian
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could the Warriors v Storm game be moved to NZ? Announcement on the game at 11am apparently.
I'm pretty sure both are bunkered down on the central coast so not sure why they would bother.

It strikes me that Norman is one of those players (and I think James Roberts is another obvious example), who have the odd impressive game, or, more likely, the odd pretty cameo in a defeat, but just don't contribute enough week in week out to the cause.
It's hard to judge halves because they rely so much on their forwards but even when the dragons forwards are rolling someone he doesn't provide anything anyone else couldn't. He's set up maybe half a dozen tries in two and a half years? Aside from that he's kicked a couple of game winning field goals. For the cap space he takes up (~600k+) he needs to be doing more than what Dufty (275k) is doing. Yet prior to Thursday they both had the same number of assists (5) and he only had one line break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back