NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t believe we’ve hung onto that, we’ve lost that game all season. Rapana got away with that match saver by accident.

Was wondering why Siebo didn't dive low last try.

But he's done the same thing and the game is gone.

Probably should have been a penalty.
Oh well, another season of hope dashed, I've waited 35 years for the joyous premiership winning feeling again I suppose I can wait another. I just hope it's not another 35 years.

Eric Grothe Snr would have been disappointed with Sivo's effort to score in the final seconds last night, holding the ball close to his chest and in his right hand/arm is a no-no when all the defence is coming at you from your right side, it leaves you without any chance of holding off any defenders and it means you are unable to stretch out and place the ball over the line. It was good defence from Rapana, but a smarter winger would have found a way to get the ball over the line.

Rapana's method of stopping Sivo was interesting, after the bump he lost total control of his positioning and his knee almost connected with Sivo's head. It would have been an interesting call for the bunker if he had of connected.

Didn't they say in commentary that it would probably have been a penalty try if he had made contact? Hard to disagree, but he didn't.

Not really, it's basic wing craft that I was taught when I was eight years old. Sivo may not have started playing till his late teens, early 20's, but it is something all coaches should have drilled into him as soon as he arrived.

The obstruction rule is such a crap rule at times.
both of them should’ve been tries.

I'm only a casual NRL fan but I don't understand at all what happened with that no try call against the Storm... I've rewatched it like 5 times and I still have no idea, haha. Can you explain it please?

You can’t gain an advantage from running behind a player.
BSmith ran behind Weich before throwing the pass.
If he threw the pass without running behind him, it would’ve been given a try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parramatta are kick happy. That's their entire game plan. Run for 5, then bomb. That plan doesn't scare Melbourne or Penrith.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Depends on who from Parramatta is chasing the bomb, the last time they played Melbourne, their winger literally cowered in the corner when he saw Sivo charge towards him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back