NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s not irrelevant because anyone who did it accidentally to someone they’d won a premiership next to would apologise. He was looking for a cheap shot, got it, then had the arrogance to arc up when the victim remonstrated.

Never once aimed high?

That’s interesting. He never once involved his arms in then tackle. He made the decision to go shoulder first. Manu has paid for it with facial reconsuctive surgery, Mitchell should pay for it with six weeks minimum. Especially considering he’s already got prior form and loading.
Lol the arm comes round on the shoulder he hits with but because of Manu going to ground their is nothing to wrap around

Yes he came in aggressively but he had to put a shot on. You can slow it down all you want but there is clear mitigation with Manu losing his feet. Ultimately he hasn’t come in with the intention of hitting him high

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol the arm comes round on the shoulder he hits with but because of Manu going to ground their is nothing to wrap around

Yes he came in aggressively but he had to put a shot on. You can slow it down all you want but there is clear mitigation with Manu losing his feet. Ultimately he hasn’t come in with the intention of hitting him high

No it doesn’t mate. And he didn’t have to put a shot on. He had to make a tackle and wrap the ball up. He did neither and that’s on him.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
No it doesn’t mate. And he didn’t have to put a shot on. He had to make a tackle and wrap the ball up. He did neither and that’s on him.
Never said he should get off but 9 weeks is ridiculous all the people sooking and calling for a public hanging is ridiculous. The CHN shot on Hughes was worse.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
9 weeks is still ridiculous, I was never a fan of carryover points and glad when the AFL got rid of them

I’m not necessarily a fan of carry over points either but in any legal system prior form carries weight.

I chaired the match review committee for a season about four years ago for the league comp around here and was surprised by the complexity of the formula they applied to the grading and weighting and carry over points etc but when you actually get access to see players records you can understand why they do it. I had to rub a bloke out for 16 games after he grabbed an opponent by the shirt and smeared his nose all over his face with a head butt. This guy MAY have gotten away with about 8 weeks if it was his first incident but he had a rap sheet longer than Lord Of The Rings so as far as I was concerned he deserved everything he got

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Big Latrell fan, but that was pretty bad.

I think it's taken focus away from how much intensity Souths played with.

I thought they played an awesome game.

They did and we were never really going to stand a chance of beating them but I think from memory we’d got it back to 10(?) points or 12 or something at that point hadn’t we? That incident certainly wasn’t to blame for the result souths were always going to be too good but it was a tipping point in the game that we never recovered from despite the momentary one man advantage

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
They did and we were never really going to stand a chance of beating them but I think from memory we’d got it back to 10(?) points or 12 or something at that point hadn’t we? That incident certainly wasn’t to blame for the result souths were always going to be too good but it was a tipping point in the game that we never recovered from despite the momentary one man advantage
No doubt.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Yes, I agree with that. Some perplexing bunker decisions so far this weekend, but I'm glad I stayed up to watch the recording of the Storm/Parra game.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Eels were paying $9 for this game. Anyone get on it here?

Even the most one eyed Parramatta supporter like myself didnt give them a hope last night. Was expecting another horror show like the past 6 weeks have been. They have been sliding downhill faster then a Jamaican bobsled.

Might be the performance to spring them back into action and go deep into September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who knows, if we can work our way back into the top 4 we will come up against our bunnies again. In order to make the top 4 we need Manly to lose to either Canterbury and Nth QLD and we have to beat Penrith next week and I can see the former happening, the latter will be a tough ask as well. It will be difficult from the 5th or 6th, but if we can win one or two games in the finals I don't think the season will be a total loss.

Better off resting the forwards in junior and papali'i next week and freshen up anyone else for week 1 of the finals. Let manly or Roosters get bashed up by Melbourne week 1 for a change.

Beat up on 7th or 8th in week one instead then come up against a wounded opponent week 2.

Parramatta are a better team when on a roll they can beat anyone just need to do it for 4 weeks straight

Never said he should get off but 9 weeks is ridiculous all the people sooking and calling for a public hanging is ridiculous. The CHN shot on Hughes was worse.
Correct. CHN was a grade 3 and Latrell was a grade 2.
The difference is that CHN had a 7 year clean record and took the early plea.
base of 600 points 25% off clean record, 25% off for taking the early plea

Tigger Please!

Koo Koo Ka-Choo
Oct 24, 2005
Bourgeois Bohemia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wests Tigers
Big Latrell fan, but that was pretty bad.

I think it's taken focus away from how much intensity Souths played with.

I thought they played an awesome game.

Agreed, enjoyable game just for the spite and intensity alone.
You wanna love Lattrell - when he's on it's like watching an NBA player in the NBL - but he's gotta learn to get that petty nonsense out of his game.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
The Storm did well at the judiciary. Thought Grant's was pretty bad, but only a fine. Smith cleared and Bromwich a week off.

Thought Grant would go - s**t form IMO. Storm have been struggling for a while now and so last night came as no shock. Parra played really well - see if they can keep it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back