NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 8th April
South Sydney vs Brisbane (Stadium Australia - 19:50)

Friday 9th April
New Zealand vs Manly-Warringah (Central Coast Stadium - 18:00)
Penrith vs Canberra (BlueBet Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 10th April
Gold Coast vs Newcastle (Cbus Super Stadium - 15:00)
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Melbourne (Stadium Australia - 17:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Cronulla-Sutherland (SCG - 19:30)

Sunday 11th April
Wests Tigers vs North Queensland (Leichhardt Oval - 16:05)
Parramatta vs St.George-Illawarra (Bankwest Stadium - 18:15)

Last edited:

Last edited:
On paper, this looks like the best round of the season thus far. Penrith v Canberra Friday night shapes as an absolute cracker!

Yeah sticky will have canberra up for an ambush i reckon. Penrith are unstoppable though atm. Hopefully its a cracker similar to the storm/panthers and storm/eels games a few weeks back.

Yeah sticky will have canberra up for an ambush i reckon. Penrith are unstoppable though atm. Hopefully its a cracker similar to the storm/panthers and storm/eels games a few weeks back.

unstoppable? they've played the 3 shittest teams in the comp and barely the Storm who were missing Pap, Grant and Finucane. Canberra is their first true test, and I hope the Raiders do get up and do them in haha

That may be true, but the Raiders have been far from their best this season so far as well. Massive test for George up against Cleary.

Meanwhile, Benji is still a delight to watch, and as for Latrell...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a deadset mess defensively since CNK has gone off.

Not sure why we went with Rapana at 1 - where he's already made mistakes - causing changes down the left defensive edge, where we're also getting our pants pulled down.

Wighton to 1, Hodgson to 6 and Starling to 9 seems a much better fit on attack and defence.

I'm probably not as upset about that as I should be. It fell apart after CNK went off due to foul play - a competent ref would've marched Kikau and the makeshift defence might not have been such a problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back