NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 22nd April
Penrith vs Newcastle (BlueBet Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 23rd April
Gold Coast vs South Sydney (Cbus Super Stadium - 18:00)
Parramatta vs Brisbane (TIO Stadium, Darwin - 19:55)

Saturday 24th April
Cronulla-Sutherland vs Canterbury-Bankstown (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 17:30)
North Queensland vs Canberra (Queensland Country Bank Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 25th April
Wests Tigers vs Manly-Warringah (BankWest Stadium - 13:45)
St.George-Illawarra vs Sydney Roosters (SCG - 16:05)
Melbourne vs New Zealand (AAMI Park - 18:15)

Panthers: The Panthers have named the same squad which beat Brisbane last week in a tight one.
Fullback Dylan Edwards (hand) and dummy-half Api Koroisau (wrist) are scheduled to return in round eight but both have been named on the reserves list this week so could be late inclusions.
Knights: Hymel Hunt suffered a hamstring injury against the Sharks and is out of the side, replaced on the wing by Starford To'a.
Phoenix Crossland (knee) and Tex Hoy (hamstring) remain sidelined.

Titans: Tino Fa'asuamaleaui's suspension for a shoulder charge sees Moeaki Fotuaika move into the starting side and Sam McIntyre join the bench.
Veteran winger Anthony Don has been named to return from a hip injury so Jonus Pearson drops to the reserves.
Phillip Sami is also listed among the reserves after missing the Manly game due to a head knock suffered in round five.
Rabbitohs: Latrell Mitchell's suspension has forced Wayne Bennett into a back-line reshuffle which sees Alex Johnston move to fullback and Jaxson Paulo come in on the wing.
Dane Gagai moves from the centres to the wing to replace Josh Mansour (hamstring). Steven Marsters is the new centre.
In the forwards Jacob Host has been relegated to the reserves and Keaon Koloamatangi is named to start in the second row.

Eels: Dylan Brown returns from suspension at five-eighth so Will Smith drops out. The only other change to the side that beat Canberra is 18-year-old William Penisini being named on the interchange bench with Keegan Hipgrave on the reserves list.
Back-rower Ryan Matterson (concussion) was again a late withdrawal in round six and while the club is working hard to bring him back coach Brad Arthur has reiterated that Matterson's health and safety is the Eels' priority. He has been listed in the reserves this week.
Broncos: Centre Herbie Farnworth makes his return from a shoulder injury in the centres and new recruit Danny Levi comes straight into the side on the interchange bench. Levi joined the club on Tuesday for the remainder of 2021 after starting the year with the Broncos' affiliate club Norths Devils.
In a further boost for Brisbane, Kotoni Staggs' rehabilitation is ahead of schedule and he could be back in action as soon as Magic Round next month.

Sharks: The Sharks welcome back star playmaker Shaun Johnson from the Achilles injury he suffered in round 19 last year. Johnson has been named on the interchange bench while new recruit Will Chambers is listed among the reserves.
Josh Dugan returns in the centres after missing last week's game due to a head knock suffered in round five so Teig Wilton goes back to the second row and Jack Williams to the bench.
Skipper Wade Graham remains sidelined as he continues his concussion recovery.
Aiden Tolman will miss the match after taking an early guilty plea on a crusher tackle charge.
Bulldogs: Dylan Napa and Luke Thompson are the new starting props with Jack Hetherington suspended and Renouf Atoni named on the bench after starting last week in the front row.
Chris Smith has been promoted from the bench to start in the second row while Ofahiki Ogden and Jackson Topine have been left out. The three new faces on the bench are Brad Deitz, Ava Seumanufagai and Matt Doorey.
Lachlan Lewis (concussion) hasn't played since round four but is named among the reserves as he nears a return.

Cowboys: Winning form is good form so coach Todd Payten has gone with the same 17 which downed the Bulldogs in round six.
Jason Taumalolo is still sidelined by a hand injury but the club is hopeful he can return in round eight.
Taumalolo, who hasn't played since round one, had his comeback from an injury to his other hand aborted when he suffered another training accident.
Raiders: Skipper Josh Hodgson is out this week with a calf injury, replaced by young gun Tom Starling at dummy-half, while a number of other forwards appear to have paid the price for last week's heavy loss to Parramatta.
Prop Josh Papali'i and lock Joseph Tapine have been dropped to the interchange and reserves respectively with Ryan James returning at prop after missing a week, Ryan Sutton sliding back from the front row to lock and Emre Guler promoted from the bench to partner James.
Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh come on to the bench for their first games of the season with Sia Soliola dropping from the interchange to the reserves.
Sebastian Kris comes on to the wing for Bailey Simonsson who failed a HIA in the loss to Parramatta.

Wests Tigers: Veteran utility Michael Chee Kam moves into the centres to replace Asu Kepaoa, with the youngster facing six to nine months on the sideline after suffering an ACL tear against the Rabbitohs.
Joey Leilua (head knock), returning after missing a week, takes Chee Kam's spot in the reserves while Alex Seyfarth moves from the reserves to the interchange in a swap with Thomas Mikaele.
Sea Eagles: Des Hasler has named the same 17 players who took care of the Titans in convincing fashion in Mudgee.
There would have been much holding of breath and crossing of fingers when Tom Trbojevic finally made his return to action but the fullback's comeback could not have gone any better.
Back-rower Curtis Sironen (knee) remains sidelined and Morgan Boyle (shoulder) is yet to have his situation clarified.

Roosters: The NRL's leading tryscorer Brett Morris (calf tightness) was a late withdrawal from the clash with the Storm but he has been named to return this week so Matt Ikuvalu drops out.
The return of Sam Verrills (knee) at hooker is a huge boost for the Roosters and pushes Ben Marschke to the bench and Adam Keighran out of the squad. Verrills hasn't played since he and Victor Radley both suffered serious knee injuries on the same night in round seven last year against the Dragons.
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (shoulder) and Siosiua Taukeiaho (ribs) failed to finish the Storm game but are good to go for Anzac Day.
Dragons: Blake Lawrie is back after missing the Warriors game with a cork and his return forces Trent Merrin out of the 17. Five-eighth Corey Norman has been named despite hurting his shoulder in Sunday's game.
Skipper Ben Hunt has been named among the reserves as he edges closer to a return from a leg injury.

Storm: Red-hot fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen (shoulder) is out of this week's squad with Nicho Hynes promoted from the interchange to take over in the No.1 jersey.
Co-captain Dale Finucane is the new face in the 17, moving into the empty slot on the bench for his first game of 2021 after recovering from a calf injury.
Trent Loiero and Ryley Jacks replace Chris Lewis and Brenko Lee in the reserves.
Cooper Johns and Jack Howarth both recently made comebacks from hamstring injuries with the Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Intrust Super Cup while forward Max King is nearing a return from his Achilles injury.
Warriors: Injuries to Peta Hiku (dislocated shoulder) and Adam Pompey (ankle) have forced a backline reshuffle. David Fusitu'a returns from a hamstring injury on the wing and Marcelo Montoya shifts into the centres where he will be joined by Jack Murchie.
Bayley Sironen (shoulder) returns on the bench while Paul Turner, who went on for Hiku last weekend, is out with a shoulder injury.
Teenager Reece Walsh is listed among the reserves and could come into contention for an NRL debut.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
On paper, looks a fairly simple tipping round.

Thursday 22nd April
Panthers are the form side of the competition right now, Newcastle shouldn't trouble them.

Friday 23rd April
Everyone knows I don't rate the Titans, even up there Souths are the better side but you'd think GC will show some sort of bounce back response to keep it close.

These games at alternative venues can throw up some odd results and effect performance. The Eels are the far better team, but there's a bit of mystery up in Darwin. A close low scoring game wouldn't surprise. 13-12 Eels.

Saturday 24th April
Cronulla have been a bit better than I expected, Bulldogs have been far worse than I thought.

The Cowboys are awful. Canberra haven't clicked into gear yet but are still a top 6 side imo and should be far too classy for NQ.

Sunday 25th April
Wests are just being Wests, fighting hard but inconsistent. They are always a chance on their day but can also completely bomb. Hard team to tip. Manly look 100x better with Tom Turbo back, but I think Wests are close and depending on the sides named could put it together and win here.

Dragons have been good until last week, even though they lost the Warriors haven't been complete mugs so not the worst loss. Roosters simply just win and even if this becomes a shootout, they've got far too much firepower but defensively are much better too.

Easiest tip of the round, you don't back against the Storm in Melbourne, especially not in this big game.

Thursday 22nd April
Penrith easily, by probably 20 or so.

Friday 23rd April
This will be closer than a lot of people think. GC are a fantastic home side. Souths by 6.

Parramatta by a LOT, the end.

Saturday 24th April
Dogs won't win a game this season.

Did you see Canberra last week? Abysmal would be putting it nicely. Cowboys have points in them, Canberra are in woeful form.

Sunday 25th April
Yep going Tigers too only because it is at home think their effort was good last week.

Roosters have too many injuries will rely on Tedesco doing everything. Dragons will shut him down. Best outsider of the whole round.

Melbourne SHOULD win but the Warriors have a great record in Melbourne.

I thought the warriors had a reasonable record vs the storm, turns out Melbourne are on a 9 game winning streak against them. So what would I know

That surprises me I was sure they have won a few games down there, I remember one game where Michael Witt won them the game.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Melbourne SHOULD win but the Warriors have a great record in Melbourne.
I thought the same thing, its not as great as I thought however still pretty impressive. I'm still waiting on Souths to win just 1 down here

Overall: Storm 27 - Warriors 16 - Draw 4
In Melb: Storm 14 - Warriors 7 - Draw 2

I thought the same thing, its not as great as I thought however still pretty impressive. I'm still waiting on Souths to win just 1 down here

Overall: Storm 27 - Warriors 16 - Draw 4
In Melb: Storm 14 - Warriors 7 - Draw 2

Hey winning 7 down there is decent although who knows how recent that was.

For sure, just don't think we're there just yet.

I'll be there though. Best day of the year.

I go to the game in Sydney, go to Dawn service although this year is a bit different

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

random question but i see in round 10 there is no Thursday night game (3 games on Sunday that round) any reason why? thoght NRL loves its Thursday slot.

back to normal the week after
round 10 is magic round.
all games are at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. 2 on Friday, 3 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday

Two Western Suburbs greats in the space of a month, very sad. My father, who has been a St George supporter since the mid 50's, thought he was one of the best winger of the era and would have liked to have seen him in the Red V. I think he played all his Grand Finals against the Dragon's and lost them all.

RIP Peter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back