NRL NRL 2022 Season - Finals Week 1

Who Wins This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The proper home ground is the more "ethical" choice.

RL crowds are often limited for some reason.
If it ever becomes a huge spectator sport then I am sure clubs would start renovating their stadiums to increase capacity and the NRL would start scheduling finals at bigger venues.
It´s way better on tv. Watching two lines going up and down a field live isn´t great. But on TV it´s great.

It’s interesting the dynamic in hosting games.

Very few in the afl nat an eyelid at Geelong needing to play their finals at the G, alternately no one seems to bat an eyelid at sacrificing 60k worth of spectators by having games at Penrith instead of Accor (or shark park instead of Allianz etc).

Not a criticism either to be clear just find it interesting.

I suppose the main difference is Cronulla doesn’t move their regular season home games to SFS to fit in a bigger crowd.

But it’s also only allowed in week 1.

What will be interesting is week 2 if we lose given we’d be playing Roosters or South’s, maybe we’d have to play at Bankwest?

It´s way better on tv. Watching two lines going up and down a field live isn´t great. But on TV it´s great.
Horses for courses. I love RL, and Gridiron, both games of two lines moving up/down the field. Whereas AFL i find it difficult to like (players all over the field). I like the game of strength, speed and skill to get THRU a wall of defense concept.

But...yeah, still, RL struggles to get crowds.

Re: the first try....I thought the Penrith player knocked on trying to recover the knock on from the Eels player. None of the commentators even mentioned it, or the bunker even wanted to look at it.

??

Yep, seemed very obvious with his own reaction yet of course the Panthers Commentary team wouldn't mention it, just as surprised the Bunker cleared it so quickly!

Just turned it over as someone got reported from the Panthers earlier, was it actually May that got reported? Did he get sin binned? That'd be the ultimate karma bus hitting!!!
Yep, sin binned and reported for a high shot, but i hate those decisions when the runner is slipping down at the last second. Unfair on the tackler.

Also an Eels player got reported for a hip drop

Yep, sin binned and reported for a high shot, but i hate those decisions when the runner is slipping down at the last second. Unfair on the tackler.

Thanks, yeah I agree I also hate those who duck in to the tackles given the consequences we see today with sin bins. A high shot so he'll probably get away with a fine because you can't suspend Panthers players in finals according to the NRL...

Saw that 'hip drop', be yet another reported on match day with no penalty, they are getting quite ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Penisini hadn't really started falling as the first tackler only made contact a split second before, yet May still got him across the nose. That was one of the more clear cut ones I thought, but I do agree it's unfortunate to get binned when a player is falling, I just don't think it was the case in that one.

Penrith dominated the metres game in the first half (916-668) and Cleary's kicking game has been better than Moses, especially his floating bombs which have been impossible to catch, yet for all that it is 7-6 to the Panthers.

Cleary is the best player in the game at moment and his kicking game is one of the best I've ever seen, and tonight he has been brilliant, but it comes off a strong forward pack and they have been aggressive and the Eels faces since minute one. They've had something to prove after being beaten twice this season by the Eels pack.

Eels not up to the finals pressure at all, could be a straight sets exit.
I thought we were doing okay until Lane and Mitchell went off within a minute of each other under HIH. It was 13-8 at that stage and then Penrith scored two quick tries and made it look more comfortable that it was for the first 60 minutes.

Back