• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Can't stand JWH, reckon he's the biggest thug in the NRL, but why should New Zealand be penalised for an offense committed in the NRL? Australia should have no say in who can and can't play for the Kiwis. Suspension should be served during an NRL season.

But that’s not it. You’ll miss some rep games and likely pool games that no one cares about. It doesn’t make much sense tbh.

Yep and the NRL is not running an international competition so why should their suspensions count there?

But that’s not it. You’ll miss some rep games and likely pool games that no one cares about. It doesn’t make much sense tbh.

Think there should be a limit.

More than 1 game it has to be served straight away. 1 game you can choose. However we have Taylan May’s fiasco already so who knows

Aussie attitude in a nutshell.

Give a player an option of missing a final or an end of season game for their country. Each to their own, I only watch international football when it’s on at a decent hour which is rare unfortunately

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Think there should be a limit.

More than 1 game it has to be served straight away. 1 game you can choose. However we have Taylan May’s fiasco already so who knows
You’re missing the point that’s being made. No one is suggesting you should be able to choose period, it’s being suggested that if you’re suspended in an NRL game you should have to serve that suspension in the NRL competition.

The Taylan May scenario is absolutely ridiculous but is oddly closer to what you’re suggesting than the alternative.

You’re missing the point that’s being made. No one is suggesting you should be able to choose period, it’s being suggested that if you’re suspended in an NRL game you should have to serve that suspension in the NRL competition.

The Taylan May scenario is absolutely ridiculous but is oddly closer to what you’re suggesting than the alternative.

I’d rather not have a bunch of suspended players being available. JWH is just an absolute thug him and Nelson are the worst. Maybe him missing some games will actually make him learn. Don’t see how it’s a good thing having players getting suspended for quite major things (and a 3 week ban is major) and then being available for internationals. There has to be a line. I’d draw the line at 1 week bans. Then you can decide where you wish to serve it.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’d rather not have a bunch of suspended players being available. JWH is just an absolute thug him and Nelson are the worst. Maybe him missing some games will actually make him learn. Don’t see how it’s a good thing having players getting suspended for quite major things (and a 3 week ban is major) and then being available for internationals. There has to be a line. I’d draw the line at 1 week bans. Then you can decide where you wish to serve it.
But he’s not…

Sure, carry on LP.

But he’s not…

Sure, carry on LP.

Each to their own. I’ll never agree with having players with major suspensions playing and a 3 week ban is major anything more than a week is. I get your view though we just won’t agree on this. The NRL can’t win in this everyone has a different view.

Never gonna complain about league refs again after watching that game delay call in the Bledisloe. FMD.

Could have just kicked it out though he was wasting time lol

I didn’t even watch the game but I’m gonna assume you’re just devils advocate here.

Have to say I’ve rarely watched Union lately however at least that game was entertaining. The bloke was having a nice sleep just kick the thing out lol

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I didn’t even watch the game but I’m gonna assume you’re just devils advocate here.

He was 100% wasting time but having never watched Union in 20 years I’ve no idea of the rules! Commentators seemed to say they’ve never seen it happen before! At least in league and even AFL they’ve got shot clocks so it’s pretty easy.

Back