Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
1664156881986.png

Discuss.

NRL admits major balls ups in PF's. Ref and VR calls will be huge.

Reckon Klown might get it now, but still think Atkins is better.

Atkins was horrible on Friday night. Klein probably still is the no1 ref, did all the SOO games.

Don't like him, but the head honchos seem to.

Before Friday I’d have agreed with you. However my drunk 2 year. Oils have told you that was a forward pass if you are getting that wrong what happens in a grand final?

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Before Friday I’d have agreed with you. However my drunk 2 year. Oils have told you that was a forward pass if you are getting that wrong what happens in a grand final?

I think we'll see at least one regardless. Still think overall, Atkins has been better.

The major balls ups came from the VR.

I think we'll see at least one regardless. Still think overall, Atkins has been better.

The major balls ups came from the VR.

I have to say I think the VR got the calls right this weekend. Penrith had a few disallowed but they were clear no tries. The obstruction has been ruled that way all season do I agree with the interpretation no but it’s consistent that’s all you can ask. The only howler was the NFL pass by Moses and did it lose the cowboys the game, not sure but it didn’t help.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I have to say I think the VR got the calls right this weekend. Penrith had a few disallowed but they were clear no tries. The obstruction has been ruled that way all season do I agree with the interpretation no but it’s consistent that’s all you can ask. The only howler was the NFL pass by Moses and did it lose the cowboys the game, not sure but it didn’t help.

Annesley disagrees with you.

Link

Annesley disagrees with you.

Link

That’s surprising as it’s the way it’s been done all season. So either they have done it wrong all year or in the finals. Firm belief personally that if an attacker touches a defender it should be a penalty anyway. I was more annoyed about a forward pass because it was so blatant

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shocked if Penrith don´t win.

Parra will have to be perfect for 80 minutes and Penrith will have to be denied tries by the bunker like against the bunnies.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I love the throwback western suburbs grand final. I have a mate who lives in Penrith - if I werent so poor at the moment I would've loved to go and spend this week in Sydney before going to the game on Sunday, I think the vibe all week there is going to be crazy.

I think Penrith will win, but I hope Parra at least give us something to get excited about.

Macca180

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
NRL will want to keep it close after what happened with AFL... look for some phantom penalties and six again calls for the team getting behind.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Looking forward to it. I don't think it'll be a blow-out.
Agree,

If it's tight late, anything can happen. Both Moses or Cleary very capable of giving their side the win with a field goal, and both have forwards that can get them in position to do so.

I think a big factor in this will be if Waka Blake has gotten over his nightmares of the last few weeks and catches some balls. He dropped a few in the QF, and I think he also dropped a couple last week against the Cowboys. Based on that, Cleary will undoubtably target him all game, and he will give him multiple high bombs that anyone would be nervous under, especially under the pressure of a GF. If he drops 2-3 again and that gives Panthers multiple looks at the Eels try line, then Panthers will win fairly straightforwardly.

For the Eels to win, I think they need to be as close to flawless as they can be, and they need everything to go right for them. That includes being on the right end of the bunker, which unfortunately is such a huge factor now in deciding close games. Their team is very good, but I feel like they have to rise to be at 100-110% of their best to win this, whereas Penrith can win it if they just play to the same level they have all year.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
After watching what happened in the NFL with Tua, it's enraging me that Penrith are going to risk Leniu this week after he admitted he couldn't remember parts of Saturday's game.
That would be a medical call wouldn't it? Isn't there an independant protocol?

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Penrith have won 54 games in a row when leading at half time apparently so the first half will be crucial if Parra are any hope.
Penrith’s bench is just a whole other monster, we have had quite a few games that are close at the 50-60 minute mark and we’ve blown them away. I think Parra have to lead early or it’s game over

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Agree,

If it's tight late, anything can happen. Both Moses or Cleary very capable of giving their side the win with a field goal, and both have forwards that can get them in position to do so.

I think a big factor in this will be if Waka Blake has gotten over his nightmares of the last few weeks and catches some balls. He dropped a few in the QF, and I think he also dropped a couple last week against the Cowboys. Based on that, Cleary will undoubtably target him all game, and he will give him multiple high bombs that anyone would be nervous under, especially under the pressure of a GF. If he drops 2-3 again and that gives Panthers multiple looks at the Eels try line, then Panthers will win fairly straightforwardly.

For the Eels to win, I think they need to be as close to flawless as they can be, and they need everything to go right for them. That includes being on the right end of the bunker, which unfortunately is such a huge factor now in deciding close games. Their team is very good, but I feel like they have to rise to be at 100-110% of their best to win this, whereas Penrith can win it if they just play to the same level they have all year.
Everyone looks lost against Cleary’s bombs. Blake will be long odds to be defusing them, the real deciding factor will be pressuring his kicking game. Do that and they are some chance, also trying to abuse the Sivo/Staines match up because I think it is just about the only clear advantage they have on the field

Back