• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
3 games over 5ish weeks? If they have 7-10 day breaks between games then I’m sure it’s fine. Even LP has noted you’re probably playing somehow out of position at hooker for some of the lower ranked teams.
Against arguably greater opposition than they'd face in this tournament.

I'd be genuinely curious to see who'd win between QLD v NZ.

3 games over 5ish weeks? If they have 7-10 day breaks between games then I’m sure it’s fine. Even LP has noted you’re probably playing somehow out of position at hooker for some of the lower ranked teams.

Cotter will be fine. No point carrying a hooker just to play some terrible side. Waste of a squad spot. More likely to need an extra backrower.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Against arguably greater opposition than they'd face in this tournament.

I'd be genuinely curious to see who'd win between QLD v NZ.
Not really the point though. I’m talking about attrition not quality of oppo.

Cotter will be fine. No point carrying a hooker just to play some terrible side. Waste of a squad spot. More likely to need an extra backrower.
I probably wouldn’t have Hunt. As it is the squad as 0 full time hookers. Grant is awesome and Hunt is a handy utility but are either of them up for playing 3-4 games in a short turnaround at hooker. It’s a weakness for me but we’re going in circles now so may as well leave it.

I probably wouldn’t have Hunt. As it is the squad as 0 full time hookers. Grant is awesome and Hunt is a handy utility but are either of them up for playing 3-4 games in a short turnaround at hooker. It’s a weakness for me but we’re going in circles now so may as well leave it.

Both have played a number of games at hooker in a short turnaround. They wouldn’t need to play every game because there’s only 3 decent sides after Australia. Could play Cotter in every other game at hooker and Aus are still winning by 30+. The semis and the final plus the good side in your group. That’s hardly more than an Origin workload.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Both backed up after Origin for their respective clubs. I don't quite understand the thought process.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
But your point has been shown to be fruitless. As I said, both backed up at club level mere days later after Origin.

Having a gut feel doesn't make it correct.
2 games in 5-6 days isn’t the same as a tournament. So my point hasn’t really been shown fruitless, we’re both hypothesising. My gut feeling is no different to yours that it will be fine. Ultimately Aus should be strong enough to get through it regardless but i don’t think it’s a smart selection strategy

2 games in 5-6 days isn’t the same as a tournament. So my point hasn’t really been shown fruitless, we’re both hypothesising. My gut feeling is no different to yours that it will be fine. Ultimately Aus should be strong enough to get through it regardless but i don’t think it’s a smart selection strategy

I get your viewpoint to a degree. My feeling is with a 24 man squad you are gambling regardless of who you pick or don’t. I’d rather have backrower/prop coverage than a hooker. Therefore I’m comfortable with the squad call.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I get your viewpoint to a degree. My feeling is with a 24 man squad you are gambling regardless of who you pick or don’t. I’d rather have backrower/prop coverage than a hooker. Therefore I’m comfortable with the squad call.
That’s fair. FWIW I’m not talking about impacting on the numbers in the squad. I probably wouldn’t have Hunt personally (which is harsh cause he’s been great) but yeh individual preference.

That’s fair. FWIW I’m not talking about impacting on the numbers in the squad. I probably wouldn’t have Hunt personally (which is harsh cause he’s been great) but yeh individual preference.

I just like what Hunt brings as he can play as a running backrower when Grant comes on. Gives another kicking game. If Carrigan wasn’t MOTS in Origin, Hunt was. I feel Korisau is closer than Cook anyway

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Cleary has been better for 3 years, led his team to 3 straight GF's, 2 premierships and we are picking DCE because of 2 Origins? Considering Cleary was also man of the match in the other.

Also didn't name Api either who has been the form hooker of the comp.

He's Fijian, isn't he?

Back