NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 10 (Magic Round)

Friday 13th May
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Newcastle (Suncorp Stadium - 18:00)
Manly-Warringah vs Brisbane (Suncorp Stadium - 20:05)

Saturday 14th May
New Zealand vs South Sydney (Suncorp Stadium - 15:00)
Gold Coast vs St.George-Illawarra (Suncorp Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Penrith (Suncorp Stadium - 19:45)

Sunday 15th May
Cronulla-Sutherland vs Canberra (Suncorp Stadium - 13:50)
Sydney Roosters vs Parramatta (Suncorp Stadium - 16:05)
Wests Tigers vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 18:25)

Tipping Comp Page

Bulldogs: Only one change made by Trent Barrett with Chris Patolo coming onto the bench for Ava Seumanufagai, who switches to 18th man. Raymond Faitala-Mariner has been included in the reserves as he closes in on a return from a complicated foot injury.
Knights: A double boost with Mitchell Barnett and Adam Clune named to return. Barnett's comeback is six weeks in the making after he copped a long ban for a raised elbow in round three. He replaces Jack Johns (arm) who faces some time on the sidelines. Clune missed last week's match with a knee injury with his return shifting Phoenix Crossland to the bench. Sauaso Sue has been included in the reserves after missing last week due to a head knock. Edrick Lee (head knock) will need to pass concussion protocols to play. There is no sign of Tyson Frizell (illness) and Dane Gagai (cheekbone) despite suggestions both could make a return this week.

Sea Eagles: Haumole Olakau'atu returns after withdrawing last week due to illness. Ben Trbojevic and Ethan Bullemor maintain their spots in the starting side with Morgan Harper listed in the reserves. Andrew Davey is the new man on the bench after overcoming a shoulder injury, in place of Kurt De Luis. Josh Schuster, who is battling a calf injury, is included in the extended squad but is unlikely to play this week.
Broncos: Payne Haas (shoulder) and Kurt Capewell (neck) are back, which means a reshuffle in the engine room with Patrick Carrigan moving to lock, Kobe Hetherington to the bench and TC Robati to the reserves. Ryan James and Jake Turpin are among those alongside Robati in the extended squad. Brenko Lee remains 18th man.

Warriors: A huge in for the Warriors with skipper Tohu Harris set to make his long awaited return from a knee reconstruction. Harris has not played since rupturing his ACL in round 18 last year. Marcelo Montoya's return from suspension on the wing pushes Adam Pompey to the centres and Rocco Berry to the reserves. New signings Ronald Volkman and Freddy Lussick are also included in the reserves.
Rabbitohs: Cody Walker will captain the side in the absence of Cameron Murray, who has been sent for scans on neck and shoulder injuries. Jacob Host returns from a shoulder injury in the second row and Jai Arrow goes back to lock to cover for Murray. Prop Thomas Burgess returns after he was a late withdrawal from the Broncos game with a back injury so Davvy Moale goes to the bench. Jaxson Paulo has been promoted to the starting side at centre after coming off the bench last week. Isaiah Tass is out. New recruit Kodi Nikorima comes straight into the 17 on the bench and will line up against the club he parted ways with this week.

Titans: Jayden Campbell has been named to return at fullback for his first NRL game since round three. AJ Brimson shifts to five-eighth and Will Smith is out. Phil Sami returns from a knee injury on one wing and Jamayne Isaako is the other winger with Corey Thompson and Greg Marzhew dropping out. Esan Marsters returns in the centres and Patrick Herbert drops out. Kevin Proctor has been dropped to the reserves list; Isaac Liu goes from prop to second row; while Jarrod Wallace is the new face in the front row. Jaimin Jolliffe has been listed among the reserves as he works his way back from a calf injury.
Dragons: Anthony Griffin has stuck with the same 17 that took the game up to the Storm in the first half before being overpowered late. George Burgess is 18th man while Cody Ramsey and Tyrell Sloan are listed among the reserves.

Storm: Craig Bellamy has opted to shift Nick Meaney from wing to fullback in the absence of Ryan Papenhuyzen (hamstring/knee) with Dean Ieremia coming in on the wing. Centre Reimis Smith (pectoral) is also out and the NRL has granted approval for development squad member Marion Seve to be selected. Kenny Bromwich has been named to play despite suffering a head knock against the Dragons.
Panthers: Bench forward Scott Sorensen returns after missing the Eels game due to illness so Matt Eisenhuth goes back to the reserves list. The Panthers are otherwise unchanged following their close loss to Parramatta.

Sharks: Nicho Hynes has been named to start at fullback with Will Kennedy suspended and Braydon Trindall is the new halfback. Connor Tracey moves to the centres to replace Jesse Ramien, who is also suspended. Cameron McInnes has been named on the bench after starting at lock and Dale Finucane shifts back to No.13. Royce Hunt has been added to the bench and Andrew Fifita goes to the reserves.
Raiders: Seb Kris moves from the bench to the starting side to replace Jarrod Croker (shoulder) in the centres and Xavier Savage joins the interchange bench.

Roosters: Sam Verrills (collarbone) is out with Connor Watson returning from a throat injury to take his place at hooker. Sio Siua Taukeiaho has been promoted to start for the suspended Lindsay Collins with Daniel Suluka-Fifita the new man on the bench. Adam Keighran (ankle) is included in the reserves.
Eels: Brad Arthur has named the same side that got the job done against the Panthers last week. Sean Russell joins the reserves list alongside Jakob Arthur and Mitch Rein after making a successful return in NSW Cup last week following rib and lung injuries.

Tigers: Only the one change made by Michael Maguire for Magic Round sees Luciano Leilua named to make a return against his future side. Alex Seyfarth switches back to the bench with Thomas Mikaele (head knock) moving into the reserves. Ken Maumalo has been named despite failing a HIA last week. With a long turnaround the Kiwi international will be given every chance to play.
Cowboys: Todd Payten has named an unchanged line-up with Tom Gilbert cleared to play after escaping with an $1800 fine for a high tackle on Newcastle's Mat Croker last week. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow will come off the bench for a third-straight week with the backline firing ahead of the Wests Tigers showdown.

Last edited:

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I always watch the matches in order, but sitting through that one tested my love of the game to the limit. And my firm conviction that Manly are not all that remains.

Don't have the depth. A run of injuries and they may struggle.

Neither do any club that isn’t named Penrith. Parra are only one injury away from Jake Arthur getting a gig again. Melbourne the same in key spots. Penrith should be comfortable favourites for mine just more likely to cover a few injuries

Neither do any club that isn’t named Penrith. Parra are only one injury away from Jake Arthur getting a gig again. Melbourne the same in key spots. Penrith should be comfortable favourites for mine just more likely to cover a few injuries
Russell returns this week, so we are two injuries away from Jake playing 5/8th again :), although after Brown's performance last week, I think even Arthur understands his son is no longer an option at the 6.

Russell returns this week, so we are two injuries away from Jake playing 5/8th again :), although after Brown's performance last week, I think even Arthur understands his son is no longer an option at the 6.

It’s still skinny depth. No club really has the Penrith nursery though, they can let Burton (who will be the NSW centre) go and they look even better

Didn't realise the lineups lol.
Hopefully we get these 2 sides full strength in the GF, they're light years ahead of the comp.
Neither of them beat Parramatta at home, so I wouldn’t say the are light years ahead, but they are more consistent.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Neither of them beat Parramatta at home, so I wouldn’t say the are light years ahead, but they are more consistent.
Yep, Parramatta are far more of a flight risk on any given day to put in a stinker. I think in finals I trust the top 2 a lot more.

I also think at their absolute best they can go to a level few others can reach, e.g. when Storm put 70 points on or when Penrith beat up on Melbourne (albeit missing some key players).

Last edited:

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Penrich/Storm was my Saturday night game to watch, and it didn't disappoint, althought without Pap and Hughes, the Storm were obviously much diminished. The Panthers are a crackinng team, though, their decision-making and accuracy is so good,

Back