NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 14

All this talk about Parra reminded that I'd actually only watched the game till half-time (from late last night), so I just sat down to watch the second half. Yeah, I see what you guy mean! :D

What struck me, there was periods where Parra were camped on the Dogs' line. Usually, when that happens, and the attacking team eventually knock-on, the defending side struggle to get out of their own 20. But time after time, 3 tackles in, the Dogs were 35 m up the field and out of danger. Gutho, Simonsen and Moses tried hard, but their pack need to take a long hard look at themselves.

The worrying thing is that included 3 Origin players in Paulo, Mattheson and RCG. I have to say they were poor at best and probably worse than that in reality. The pack was smashed and dare I say it, they were as soft as butter. Moses, and your playmakers are easy targets but was there any chance of the forwards working hard? Why do you recon Cleary struggled Orifin 1- their pack was monstered!

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Yes, indeed. And it struck me afterwards that the Dogs didn't even have arguably their best forward (Thompson) on deck. The NSW squad for game 2 is going to be very interesting. For me, Cleary and Moses are the best two halves in the comp. But even the best halves need to work behind an effective pack.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gee that's a big call. Cleary's club form has been brilliant.
So has Moses' until last week. Leads the league for try assists by a margin and is top 5 for a bunch of stats (kick metres etc).

I wouldnt argue if you had Cleary ahead of him just personally think Moses has been sensational and if Cleary had a bad Origin and this was Mitch's audition he absolutely bombed it.

Gee that's a big call. Cleary's club form has been brilliant.

Clear top 4 halfbacks this year- Cleary, Moses, Reynolds and Hynes. Not going to put Hughes in there but he’s be next.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Well I didn't think think Moses was terrible in that last game by any means. Focus on the bombed try if you want, but he was still one of Parra's best on the day, and worked hard and always asked questions of the defence. Like I said before, he and Cleary are both great halves; neither deserve bagging.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well I didn't think think Moses was terrible in that last game by any means. Focus on the bombed try if you want, but he was still one of Parra's best on the day, and worked hard and always asked questions of the defence. Like I said before, he and Cleary are both great halves; neither deserve bagging.
I think the bombed try was enough for him to not get picked to replace Cleary (if there was any chance of that happening anyway which is unlikely)

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
i'd be happy to stick with Cleary. His decision-taking is second to none; he doesn't often get it wrong. But he deserves a better platform from his pack. And NSW shouldn't be panicked. Although they have the Jack Wighton situation to resolve now.

i'd be happy to stick with Cleary. His decision-taking is second to none; he doesn't often get it wrong. But he deserves a better platform from his pack. And NSW shouldn't be panicked. Although they have the Jack Wighton situation to resolve now.

Easy solution Crighton is on the bench he plays centre. Pick a better utility like Hynes. Simple easy.

Ah, the radical idea of playing centres at centre...

And Crichton can kick the ones from the right touch-line that Cleary doesn't fancy! :D

I know it’s a novel idea and goes against Fittler plying Anasta at fullback a few years back but I’ll go with pick centres in their position

God how many years ago was that? I hope Anasta was a bit quicker than I remember him! :D

Was when Freddie coached the Roosters lol

Trust me go to Youtube there are highlights of this disaster lol

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Heh! Probably just before I started watching the NRL. My recollection of Anasta was as a fairly plodding half in the Wade Graham mould, is that wrong?

Heh! Probably just before I started watching the NRL. My recollection of Anasta was as a fairly plodding half in the Wade Graham mould, is that wrong?

He was a very good half, very solid at his peak was very good with a good kicking game. The Roosters FB thing was hilarious at the time, they did have some injuries but it was still funny watching Anasta take bombs lol.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
101% behind Chad Townsend calling out that ref in regards to the captains call/challenge. That particular ref, his name escapes me, is so bloody forceful in his language when it comes to these situations....” do you want to challenge, do you do you “......he is almost challenging them to do it as in...”how dare you challenge me”

101% behind Chad Townsend calling out that ref in regards to the captains call/challenge. That particular ref, his name escapes me, is so bloody forceful in his language when it comes to these situations....” do you want to challenge, do you do you “......he is almost challenging them to do it as in...”how dare you challenge me”

Whole challenge system needs reviewing it’s been a disaster all season.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
He was a very good half, very solid at his peak was very good with a good kicking game. The Roosters FB thing was hilarious at the time, they did have some injuries but it was still funny watching Anasta take bombs lol.
I remember David Fa'alogo dropped a bomb on Anastas chin

Last edited:
Back