NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

That we should be as accepting of homphobia as we are of homosexuals. s**t take dude.

Not what I'm saying at all.

Dude.

Go back to my first post and read it again.

This time take off your outraged coloured glasses and put the clear ones on.

Congratulations though, your leaps of logic have drawn me back into the exchange.

Won't happen again.

All views need to be included.

All voices should be heard.

Provided your opinion and voice agrees with any current "pile on".

If not you're a bigot, RWNJ, out of touch, insert appropriate "put down"

I don't GAF one way or another about what people do in their private lives or what they believe in, or how selectively they want to use those beliefs. Gay, God, hamsters, whatever. IDGAF. It's theirs to do as they will opinion wise. That's why it's called opinion.

What I do object STRONGLY to is any side of the argument banishing the opinion of the other side, whilst themselves moaning that they're being "vilified".

These guys have their opinion, just as others have theirs.

Not what I'm saying at all.

Dude.

Go back to my first post and read it again.

This time take off your outraged coloured glasses and put the clear ones on.

Congratulations though, your leaps of logic have drawn me back into the exchange.

Won't happen again.
That one? Looks alot like "we need to be tolerant of the gays and the homophobes after all its just their opinion" ironically the same thing that this looks like

"I just don’t get how hard it is to be accepting"

The first sentence of your post is my exact point.

Feel free to clarify if youd like. Im not outraged, people have been making excuses for this sort of s**t for a long long time, being hetero amazingly im not personally affected but im also not going to pretend that being a ******* bigot deserves the same tolerance as being gay or trans or queer.

Ill ask you again seeing you seem pretty desperate to avoid it.

Is the problem that its not homophobic because they havent explicitly said it is? Or is the problem that is doesnt matter that its homophobic because thats just their opinion and they are entitled to it?

You seem to have taken both positions now.

I don't get the outrage. 7 players are not willing to wear a symbolic jumper. That's their choice and they are happy to sit out the game. No one should be forced to wear any symbol they dont want to. Move on. Far too much bullshit around these social issues.
So take the sports betting logos off?

See how many games someone gets doing that.

So take the sports betting logos off?

See how many games someone gets doing that.

If someone has a fundamental issue with wearing a jumper with a sports betting logo then don’t wear it and don’t play. Your choice. Your consequences. It’s ridiculous. Blown out of proportion.

Remember when that Muslim AFLW player refused to play in pride round earlier and not only did her team mates defend her decision but the wider public showed support because 'culture'? Why the hate here but not then? Do religious islanders not fall under 'culture'? Or do people have a hate hard-on for Christianity?

I just don’t get how hard it is to be accepting, get on with each other. Why people need to be against someone’s sexuality is beyond me

No different to how many Australians were against people who refused to get vaccinated. You saw the torment, abuse and shame that was placed upon them. Same deal, religious and personal beliefs at play there.

To imply you have no clue how people can be against one's sexual preference is a tad disingenuous.

No different to how many Australians were against people who refused to get vaccinated. You saw the torment, abuse and shame that was placed upon them. Same deal, religious and personal beliefs at play there.

To imply you have no clue how people can be against one's sexual preference is a tad disingenuous.
Anti vaxxers make a choice that impacts on public health and everyone elses health.

LGBTIQ is not a choice that doesnt impact on anyone.

The two things are not even similar.

Anti vaxxers make a choice that impacts on public health and everyone elses health.

LGBTIQ is not a choice that doesnt impact on anyone.

The two things are not even similar.

Are you saying homosexuals do not have a greater risk of disease than heterosexuals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is their choice
gary coleman wtf GIF

So there can be Easter round, Magic round, Indigenous round, Superhero round, Indigenous round, Multicultural round, Anzac round, Respect Round where some guernseys get changed and no-one objects but for a Pride Round or a Pride jumper one third of only one NRL team objects?

No wonder everyone has such disdain for Manly

So there can be Easter round, Magic round, Indigenous round, Superhero round, Indigenous round, Multicultural round, Anzac round, Respect Round where some guernseys get changed and no-one objects but for a Pride Round or a Pride jumper one third of only one NRL team objects?

No wonder everyone has such disdain for Manly
That's not accurate at all. Manly are the only one's wearing a rainbow themed jersey.

I assure you there'd be others that pulled out if there team was the one wearing them.

That's not accurate at all. Manly are the only one's wearing a rainbow themed jersey.

I assure you there'd be others that pulled out if there team was the one wearing them.

The Roosters coach gave the 7 players a rightful bake in the press today. Look if it takes this to change their views so be it but doubt it.

Remember when that Muslim AFLW player refused to play in pride round earlier and not only did her team mates defend her decision but the wider public showed support because 'culture'? Why the hate here but not then? Do religious islanders not fall under 'culture'? Or do people have a hate hard-on for Christianity?
I do enjoy seeing people in this thread who are happy to whack these NRL players but will turn a blind eye and not respond harshly calling a female Muslim a bigot or homophobe.

I don't agree with Haneen Zreika's views and there's no sugar coating it, it's homophobic.

But there's also a difference between her stance and the stance of the Manly players.

The Manly jersey isn't even exclusively about LGBTIQ. It's about inclusion as a whole. The Manly players have seemingly just made it all about what they wanted to make it about and become outraged at the rainbow to project their homophobia.

"errrr we should be inclusive and respecting of their views!" errr yeah wasn't that what the jersey was meant to represent? They actively took a stance against it.

Trent Robinson woke up and chose violence, hey?

I mean, I love his conviction, the strength of his views and his support.. it’s just not something you ever see, a coach openly strafing players from this weeks opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back