NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing two of the competitions best 20 players in the most crucial playmaking roles. They come back I think it’s back to being Penriths to lose.
I actually think Luai is a massive myth. If he played in that side last night, I don't think the score changes at all.

Cleary and Edwards are faaaaaar bigger outs.

We are genuinely crap against the Bunnies, haven't been able to get within 14 points of them in the last three seasons and we are 5-17 since 2010.

Good to see a very committed performance by the Warriors, scoring some very well-worked tries. As everyone says, surely Shaun Johnson could run the ball a little more often? He still has that in his locker.

Souths have always been able to put on points, but I discounted them early on the season cos they just looked a bit flakey. They look a different side to that now.

We are genuinely crap against the Bunnies, haven't been able to get within 14 points of them in the last three seasons and we are 5-17 since 2010.
Would rather travel to Melbourne in the finals then play souths.

They just tear us apart and we look mentally shot whenever we verse them.

I can't remember the last time I saw a pen for a deliberate knock-on. In fact I thought the rule has been abolished. Although I wouldn't complain in this case. As long as we don't go down the farcical route of rugby union, where they chuck yellow cards around like confetti.

That obstruction try in the Knights/Broncos that was allowed: I'd be all for the argument that 'the defender wouldn't have got there', but rightly or wrongly, that's not the way it's been reffed for a few seasons now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, i figured out it was Friday night 8pm-ish, so Rabbitohs-Eels, on the NRL app looked at the play by play list, saw in the 20th minute Gutherson was penalized for "other", so then went to the full game replay in the NRL app, scrolled to the 20th minute, and there it is....Rabbitohs chipped the ball up close to the Eels line toward the winger, Gutherson leapt and batted the ball forward out the sideline, ruled to have not made a genuine attempt at catching the ball and the bat an effort to prevent the Rabbitohs winger from catching it.

Did a google search, apparently in 2018 there was a Sea Eagles-Raiders game where the Raiders kicked a FG late, dying minute to take a 21-20 lead, and then on full time a Raiders player deliberately knocked on to cause a scrum and run out time preventing Sea Eagles from one last chance....article says the ref erred not ruling it a deliberate knock-on penalty.

Apparently it happens a lot in Union but i don't watch Union.

Don't worry, i figured out it was Friday night 8pm-ish, so Rabbitohs-Eels, on the NRL app looked at the play by play list, saw in the 20th minute Gutherson was penalized for "other", so then went to the full game replay in the NRL app, scrolled to the 20th minute, and there it is....Rabbitohs chipped the ball up close to the Eels line toward the winger, Gutherson leapt and batted the ball forward out the sideline, ruled to have not made a genuine attempt at catching the ball and the bat an effort to prevent the Rabbitohs winger from catching it.

Did a google search, apparently in 2018 there was a Sea Eagles-Raiders game where the Raiders kicked a FG late, dying minute to take a 21-20 lead, and then on full time a Raiders player deliberately knocked on to cause a scrum and run out time preventing Sea Eagles from one last chance....article says the ref erred not ruling it a deliberate knock-on penalty.

Apparently it happens a lot in Union but i don't watch Union.
I don’t either but a couple of weeks ago the wallabies were playing and I caught like 5 minutes. A wallabies player going for an intercept couldn’t quite take the ball cleanly. Ruled a deliberate knock on and he was sin binned…

Like literally every other time I’ve tried to watch Union I shook my head and gave up, ******* farcical sport.

I actually think Luai is a massive myth. If he played in that side last night, I don't think the score changes at all.

Cleary and Edwards are faaaaaar bigger outs.
I can’t say I’m the worlds biggest luai fan but he’s the NSW number 6 and if not for Munster would have a claim on the Oz 6 jumper. He’s pretty important.

Yeah, sorry I couldn't recall the game, guys, but that's the one. Like I said, personally, no problem with that at all, and for the poster who doesn't watch any Union, the (quite bonkers, in my opinion) the rule is that if you knock it forward and prevent a try-scoring opportunity, that's an automaic yellow and a penalty as well. Even if it's winger on winger, competing for a high cross-field kick. I just meant that in league the rule is rarely applied, and I think, rightly so, but this was one of the very rare exceptions.

Is Luai still eligible for Australia? He's a vey good player, but he surely wouldn't get ahead of Munster for the No 6 shirt.

I can’t say I’m the worlds biggest luai fan but he’s the NSW number 6 and if not for Munster would have a claim on the Oz 6 jumper. He’s pretty important.
That's all down to Penrith playing well though. He's made to look so much better due to the system he plays in.

Has he ever been near as dominant in the Origin set up? Mind you, he's not alone there. Martin was a useless selection for the entire series as well.

I will die on the hill that Penrith should've let Luai walk and signed Burton long term to partner Cleary.

That's all down to Penrith playing well though. He's made to look so much better due to the system he plays in.

Has he ever been near as dominant in the Origin set up? Mind you, he's not alone there. Martin was a useless selection for the entire series as well.

I will die on the hill that Penrith should've let Luai walk and signed Burton long term to partner Cleary.
Probably right but ultimately he looks good in the system so thats all we can judge him on right now.

Overall im agreeing hes not nearly as good as he looks there but all actual evidence beyond the eye test stacks up in his favour.

If nothing else having your 6 and 7 out is gonna be rough on any side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back