moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Have two players from the same side ever been sent off in recent years? Not in my (fairly limited) memory, I think. But it seems fair to say that had Ramien's been the first offence, he would have seen red. But yeah, the Sharks were terrific, weren't they?

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
You'd really hope that wouldn't come into the decision but I bet it did.

DEVO

Are We Not Men? We Are...
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta, Carlisle, Ross County
Have two players from the same side ever been sent off in recent years? Not in my (fairly limited) memory, I think. But it seems fair to say that had Ramien's been the first offence, he would have seen red. But yeah, the Sharks were terrific, weren't they?
There was a famous one in 2003 where Cronulla had two players sent off as well three players in the bin at various stages against Parramatta. They went a bit nuts after the Peachey send off and lost the penalty count 18-5 and the game 74-4. I think a couple of the sin binnings were for worse offences than the Peachey send off but the Ref (Shayne Hayne) was feeling a little sorry for them and only gave them 10 minutes instead.

I can't think of any other instance since then, but there have been at least five or so games that I can remember where a player has been sent off and another player has been in the bin. Unlike yesterday I don't think any of those teams won the game.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
There's 5 or 6 teams that are really pitiful at the moment.

Newy, NZ, Dragons, Titans, Canberra and probably still the Tigers.

GG.exe

Post-Human
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
That 2003 game, some other cronulla player was sent off for a high tackle, and then peachey was sent off for arguing with the ref.

In 1998, two manly players were sent off for arguing with the ref, hopoate and toovey.

That's from the NRL era. I'd have to google search to find if and when and who from the ARL and NSWRL eras.

GG.exe

Post-Human
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last 30 seconds both are sent off, Toovey also got binned early in the game.

Aucklander

The Ultimate Warrior
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Rupo
That 2003 game was insane.

I know the Warriors scored soon after the send-off, but then the Sharks got a bucket load of resets which pretty much negated the extra man advantage for a while. I think we got 1, maybe 2 during the whole game.

Looking at the stats from the game you'd swear it was the Warriors who were short-handed. Thankfully there's nobody in Melbourne who would give me s**t about it.

Remove this Banner Ad