NRL NRL 2023 - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Vegas Golden Knights Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Damn, just crazy second half and et. When the Knights went up 28 I thought we were goners. Then everything seemed to be heading our way and we had a few chances at a field goal. Happy for the Knights though, starved for finals wins this past decade and will soak it up. See ya Wighton, thanks for the memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Knights v Raiders game, instant classic. High drama, blokes giving it their all. Great to watch.

Wighton VERY lucky not to be in the bin or off altogether tbh.
It's not a sin binning, they get marched for biting. Well, they always have done up until now.

Klein took the easy option. It won't but it should cost him moving forward.

We made it way harder than it needed to be. So many basic skill errors.

It's not a sin binning, they get marched for biting. Well, they always have done up until now.

Klein took the easy option. It won't but it should cost him moving forward.

We made it way harder than it needed to be. So many basic skill errors.
Well either way, it needed to be something, Sin Bin might have been the split the difference option. Leaving him on when there was clear evidence of a bite was ****ed.

Newcastle has to be one of the great bandwagon towns. People who couldn't tell you how many players are on a team are now out and about in their Knights kit. It's incredible.

Newcastle has to be one of the great bandwagon towns. People who couldn't tell you how many players are on a team are now out and about in their Knights kit. It's incredible.
We've always had really good crowds, with big local interest.

Hell, the 3 years we won wooden spoons consecutively, we still averaged over 15,300 fans. That comfortably had us in the top 8 of the competition, right the way through those years.

Certainly seeing more fans at games than we would ordinarily but I think the nucleus of diehard supporters is pretty impressive considering how poor the club has been run for 2 decades.

We've always had really good crowds, with big local interest.

Hell, the 3 years we won wooden spoons consecutively, we still averaged over 15,300 fans. That comfortably had us in the top 8 of the competition, right the way through those years.

Certainly seeing more fans at games than we would ordinarily but I think the nucleus of diehard supporters is pretty impressive considering how poor the club has been run for 2 decades.
It's a big core fanbase but the casual fans who jump on when the going is good is as big as you'll see for anything anywhere.

It's not a bad thing necessarily, it's just every Knights fan (both dedicated and fair-weather) I have to put up with will tell me how they're the most passionate, loyal, dedicated fan base to ever exist and it wears on me after a while.

Last edited:
It's a big core fanbase but the casual fans who jump on when the going is good is as big as you'll see for anything anywhere.

It's not a bad thing necessarily, it's just every Knights fan (both dedicated and fair-weather) I have to put up with will tell me how their the most passionate, loyal, dedicated fan base to ever exist and it wears on me after a while.
Haha that's a very Novocastrian thing. I'm from Sydney so I'm a bit removed from that.

They remind me of Geelong a bit, there always seems to be a chip on the shoulder regarding the big city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back