NRL NRL 2023 - Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 15th September
Melbourne vs Sydney Roosters (AAMI Park - 19:50)

Saturday 16th September
New Zealand vs Newcastle (Go Media Stadium - 16:05)

NRL 2023 - Finals Week 3
Friday 22nd September

Penrith v Winner of Melbourne/Sydney Roosters (TBC - 19:50)

Saturday 23rd September
Brisbane v Winner of New Zealand/Newcastle (Suncorp Stadium- 19:50)

Not even sure a home final will help. Two big losses in a row and SJ will be highly doubtful.
Warriors will be right.

Newcastle only played well for 15 mins yesterday. I think they are starting to tire.

That was a big emotional day for them yesterday now have to Travel overseas on a 6 day break.

I think the warriors are a better team and deserve a prelim.

Plus the home ground factor will be huge. I would say it feel like an All-black home game the atmosphere will be immense.

Hello darkness, my old friend...

Do I even care any more?

Sad Homer Simpson GIF

I didn't hear, but he looked guilty from the vision.

Was surprised after it was deemed there was no chomping action so to speak. It’s almost like they have taken a bet each way. A few weeks ago the NRLW player got 6 weeks…if he’s guilty how’s this half?

Was surprised after it was deemed there was no chomping action so to speak. It’s almost like they have taken a bet each way. A few weeks ago the NRLW player got 6 weeks…if he’s guilty how’s this half?

No idea. Judiciary being the judiciary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea. Judiciary being the judiciary.

Yep wouldn’t be shocked if it’s appealed. However he’s come out of rep retirement to count 2 games right lol

Proctor only got given 4, I have no idea why the NRLW player got 6.

Proctor only got given 4, I have no idea why the NRLW player got 6.

Searched it up was reduced, but bare in mind the NRLW is half a NRL season. The judiciary has been poor this year with these incidents, there's been a few that have copped nowhere near enough.

It's absolutely the right call.

Klein should also be dumped because of it. Absolutely bottled a decision in a big final that swayed the course of the match. He was the one that could see the marks and saliva, he should've made the call.

Na happy enough on the report, play on let the judiciary decide. Doesn't mean the NRLW one was correct either would have gone with the report too

Na happy enough on the report, play on let the judiciary decide. Doesn't mean the NRLW one was correct either would have gone with the report too
Rubbish. If there's bite marks and saliva on the arm (which there clearly was), that's a send off. Always has been.

The NRLW one was more blatant as well.

The example on the weekend perfectly shows the issue. He's been reported and suspended and yet could still have been the game winner. We didn't get so much as a penalty for an act that's rubbed him out for 3 weeks.

It's not right. If you spear tackle a player, you're rightfully marched. This is no different.

Rubbish. If there's bite marks and saliva on the arm (which there clearly was), that's a send off. Always has been.

The NRLW one was more blatant as well.

The example on the weekend perfectly shows the issue. He's been reported and suspended and yet could still have been the game winner. We didn't get so much as a penalty for an act that's rubbed him out for 3 weeks.

It's not right. If you spear tackle a player, you're rightfully marched. This is no different.

There are PLENTY of acts both ways that could have been penalised and him out there helped Newcastle Jack was dreadful after it.

Id rather just only send the real blatant acts, and not wreck games with send off the six agains are already bad enough.

There are PLENTY of acts both ways that could have been penalised and him out there helped Newcastle Jack was dreadful after it.

Id rather just only send the real blatant acts, and not wreck games with send off the six agains are already bad enough.
I don't know how much more blatant a bite has to be, he had teeth marks and saliva on his arm. It doesn't get more blatant than that.

I don't know how much more blatant a bite has to be, he had teeth marks and saliva on his arm. It doesn't get more blatant than that.

The ref PLUS 3 blokes in the bunker did not see a bite mark. It's not a send off, just report it get on with the game

The ref PLUS 3 blokes in the bunker did not see a bite mark. It's not a send off, just report it get on with the game
That's not what Klein said at all. He said it was inconclusive, which is incorrect. They've just found him guilty using the same footage that was available on the weekend.

It's historically been a send off and that shouldn't have changed on the weekend. Don't take my word for it, there's several experts that all agree.

That's not what Klein said at all. He said it was inconclusive, which is incorrect. They've just found him guilty using the same footage that was available on the weekend.

It's historically been a send off and that shouldn't have changed on the weekend. Don't take my word for it, there's several experts that all agree.

You can't send someone off for inconclusive it's never worked that way, that's why we have a report system. Many experts don't agree with a send off too. The report is a fair outcome. I'll be surprised if that isn't appealed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back