NRL NRL 2023 - Grand Final Penrith vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

He has won at Origin level before (2018, 2019, 2021). Although in 2019 he played 2 games which resulted in a win and loss before NSW won the decider without him.

His record should be better but I'm happy to equally put that on Fittler - next year will be interesting with a new coach at that level.

He doesn’t have any defining performances at that level yet. Not to say he’s been a total failure or anything (you don’t win series with a halfback playing shithouse) but he hasn’t left his mark on any of them just yet.

He doesn’t have any defining performances at that level yet. Not to say he’s been a total failure or anything (you don’t win series with a halfback playing shithouse) but he hasn’t left his mark on any of them just yet.
I get what you mean but tbf to him, he's already been man of the match in 2 Origin match. For comparison Johns and Lockyer didn't have their 2nd motm performance at Origin level until they were 29.

I get what you mean but tbf to him, he's already been man of the match in 2 Origin match. For comparison Johns and Lockyer didn't have their 2nd motm performance at Origin level until they were 29.

Yeah fair enough. He has a style of game management that lends itself to being the conductor and when teams win, even when he isn’t doing what he did the other night, he’s often the driving force.

I think the SoO criticism of Cleary is fair.

Lost to the worst QLD team ever and hasnt had that defining performance in them. That said, hes 25... He almost certainly will and he already has literally every other thing on the CV.

That Grand Final performance will become the stuff of legends if it hasnt already.

I think the SoO criticism of Cleary is fair.

Lost to the worst QLD team ever and hasnt had that defining performance in them. That said, hes 25... He almost certainly will and he already has literally every other thing on the CV.

That Grand Final performance will become the stuff of legends if it hasnt already.
Especially with the knee injury he sustained.

Overall NRL GF week especially as a neutral just turds all over AFLs year in year out

Agree in a lot of ways.

Imagine the AFL Grand Final like the NRL Grand Final full of supporters from both clubs.
Imagine the AFL Grand Final like the NRL Grand Final on at prime time at night with that KISS show and pyrotechnics.

With the exception of 2016 I do believe the umpires do a good job.

One of the greatest Grand Finals ever.

Can't stop watching the replay and bring on 2024.

4 in a row!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back