NRL NRL 2023 - Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 9th March
Penrith vs South Sydney (BlueBet Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 10th March
Parramatta vs Cronulla-Sutherland (CommBank Stadium - 18:00)
Brisbane vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 20:05)

Saturday 11th March
Sydney Roosters vs New Zealand (Allianz Stadium - 15:00)
Dolphins vs vs Canberra (Kayo Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Canterbury-Bankstown (AAMI Park - 19:35)

Sunday 12th March
Wests Tigers vs Newcastle (Leichhardt Oval - 16:05)
St.George-Illawarra vs Gold Coast (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 18:15)

Bye: Manly-Warringah

Tipping!

Douehi is a centre or a backrower there is no way on earth he is a half. Best decision Souths getting rid of him. He thinks he’s way better than he is, in a good side he’s be a solid centre.

The issue is the spine and I hate to be the bearer of bad news without a spine you aren’t winning games (spine being fullback, 5/8, hooker and lock). The Tigers would be the worst spine in the comp easily and that includes a Dolphins side who have been in the comp for 2 games!
Na I think Douehi is a ball player. Not big enough for lock, wasted in the centres.

His biggest problem is he has Luke Brooks next to him. Put Moses there instead and Douehi would excel there.

Agree on the rest in the spine though. Laurie is terrible (and seems undersized) - he needs to follow through when Api makes a break from dummy half. Staines is no better at FB, in fact he's probably worse.

Na I think Douehi is a ball player. Not big enough for lock, wasted in the centres.

His biggest problem is he has Luke Brooks next to him. Put Moses there instead and Douehi would excel there.

Agree on the rest in the spine though. Laurie is terrible (and seems undersized) - he needs to follow through when Api makes a break from dummy half. Staines is no better at FB, in fact he's probably worse.

Every year people think Douehi is good, he’s not. He’s really a good utility player in a good side. He’s a centre or maybe a backrower.

Moses isn’t the answer either especially not at his price. He’s good he’s not a million dollars plus good.

Fullback is a massive problem I’d probably go Staines but really both options are terrible

The only time this year the tigers looked any good was when Wakeham was at 7 in the trial.
They need to put him there with Doueihi.
The reserve grade FB is probably our best option but to put him there now would kill him with this team’s structure

The only time this year the tigers looked any good was when Wakeham was at 7 in the trial.
They need to put him there with Doueihi.
The reserve grade FB is probably our best option but to put him there now would kill him with this team’s structure

Not the worst idea but it won't work, you blokes will eventually get the memo that Douehi is not a half, bloke thinks he's the next Daley with the ego the size of Mt Everest too. Brooks is abysmal. You could have had Hasings/Wakeham in the halves. That would have been a lot better. Hastings organisers and Wakeham creates.

Every year people think Douehi is good, he’s not. He’s really a good utility player in a good side. He’s a centre or maybe a backrower.

Moses isn’t the answer either especially not at his price. He’s good he’s not a million dollars plus good.

Fullback is a massive problem I’d probably go Staines but really both options are terrible
Well he's definitely not a backrower, he's not big enough.

I don't believe he's a centre either.

You're suggesting he's a Kurt Gidley type. I think he's got a bit more to his game than that.

Not the worst idea but it won't work, you blokes will eventually get the memo that Douehi is not a half, bloke thinks he's the next Daley with the ego the size of Mt Everest too. Brooks is abysmal. You could have had Hasings/Wakeham in the halves. That would have been a lot better. Hastings organisers and Wakeham creates.
Where on earth are you getting this?

Well he's definitely not a backrower, he's not big enough.

I don't believe he's a centre either.

You're suggesting he's a Kurt Gidley type. I think he's got a bit more to his game than that.

He’s exactly a Gidley type little bit here and there and in a good side he’d be a role player as Gidley was. If he’s ever going to be a starter it will be as a centre because he isn’t under any circumstances going to be a half.

Where on earth are you getting this?

You can just tell on the field it’s me me me. Bombs tries left right and centre as he refuses to pass the ball. He’s an absolute ball hog, it’s the old I want to be on the scoreboard myself. Pick him outside Whakeham

You can just tell on the field it’s me me me. Bombs tries left right and centre as he refuses to pass the ball. He’s an absolute ball hog, it’s the old I want to be on the scoreboard myself. Pick him outside Whakeham
1678681628619.png
more try assists than tries. absolute ball hog :think:

View attachment 1627987
more try assists than tries. absolute ball hog :think:

Boy I hope you keep picking the bloke, he was like this at Souths thinking he was the greatest, and has done nothing at the at the WT aside from taking a bloated contract. It won’t work despite what he keeps telling you. Sometimes you know who is a half and who isn’t and boy the clubs with natural halves dominate. Easy to blame the coach- I’d be looking at the spine first. Not ONE would make a starting position in a top 6 side. There is the issue not the coach and putting rookie coaches in will ask for trouble.

Not sure what you're watching but if anything he needs more ball and Brooks less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boy I hope you keep picking the bloke, he was like this at Souths thinking he was the greatest, and has done nothing at the at the WT aside from taking a bloated contract. It won’t work despite what he keeps telling you. Sometimes you know who is a half and who isn’t and boy the clubs with natural halves dominate. Easy to blame the coach- I’d be looking at the spine first. Not ONE would make a starting position in a top 6 side. There is the issue not the coach and putting rookie coaches in will ask for trouble.

every man and his dog that supports WT knows that Brooks is crap (except for teflon who was desperate to keep him)
coach signed api and staines yet he isn't the problem
yes our spine is crap yet you blame it on doueihi and not sheens :drunk:

every man and his dog that supports WT knows that Brooks is crap (except for teflon who was desperate to keep him)
coach signed api and staines yet he isn't the problem
yes our spine is crap yet you blame it on doueihi and not sheens :drunk:

It’s not a Sheens team yet, those are two signings but you still have Douehi who is ordinary and on 3 times more than he should be, Laurie who is terrible, and Brooks. That’s 3 of your spine. Even Bellamy couldn’t get results with that spine. Not sure any coach would do any better this is a shocking spine and I still have no idea how you guys are near the cap!

It’s not a Sheens team yet, those are two signings but you still have Douehi who is ordinary and on 3 times more than he should be, Laurie who is terrible, and Brooks. That’s 3 of your spine. Even Bellamy couldn’t get results with that spine. Not sure any coach would do any better this is a shocking spine and I still have no idea how you guys are near the cap!
staines was signed to replace laurie at FB by sheens Genious move
brooks on a million plus was told he was untouchable by sheens
sheens signed api

there's the spine that sheens has his finger all over

staines was signed to replace laurie at FB by sheens Genious move
brooks on a million plus was told he was untouchable by sheens
sheens signed api

there's the spine that sheens has his finger all over

Surely you have to give a coach more than an off season. How many times can the Tigers blame a coach. McGuire was a good coach and you turfed him for no reason. Surely rather than sacking every coach look internally first.

Surely you have to give a coach more than an off season. How many times can the Tigers blame a coach. McGuire was a good coach and you turfed him for no reason. Surely rather than sacking every coach look internally first.
I never wanted Potter sacked, he was actually taking the club somewhere. Got back stabbed by management
JT was a shocking signing
Cleary was good until he worked out he had to coach against his son and couldn't deal with it
Madge was stabbed in the back by Sheens supporters and players who couldn't deal with his hardline approach.

Sheens was completely the wrong signing as he was supposed to be finding the new coach, not become the new coach.

I never wanted Potter sacked, he was actually taking the club somewhere. Got back stabbed by management
JT was a shocking signing
Cleary was good until he worked out he had to coach against his son and couldn't deal with it
Madge was stabbed in the back by Sheens supporters and players who couldn't deal with his hardline approach.

Sheens was completely the wrong signing as he was supposed to be finding the new coach, not become the new coach.

That all stems back to management and then we have to look forward how long are you planning to give Benji and co before waking him too. Not as if he will have some elite squad. Agree on Potter and he was good at the Dogs actually suits your side

Is it just his personality or something else? He's a good footy player & played well at the tigers last year.

He played OK for us too. Well, he certainly put a shift in every week. Although he did try to do it all himself. Noticeable that our young (and local) half-back has flourished since Hastings left, form has improved, try assists etc. But JH clearly never settled with the rest of the squad, or the fans.

I could get more on board with 5 if it was consistent.

Drinkwater had more time to react and has broken his jaw. I just don't see the difference.

We all know it won't be consistent I mean we had JWH and his how many fines last year. On the face value 5 is about right, Drinkwater is very lucky he has this cleanskin thing going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back