lionbear

Geelong Member from 2016
Feb 25, 2007
Reg Hickey Stand Level 2
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
49ers, Indians, Storm
I am looking around for the 2022 State of origin series on DVD and have been for a while and it looks like it isn't coming out?

Thought I would see if the NRL Grand Final is on DVD and/or Blu Ray and once again nothing on the pages.

Have the NRL stopped producing DVD's?

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Would've thought so. Does the AFL still produce them?

I think the way of the future is the AFL/NRL having a hosting/streaming site where you can stream any old game you like. They'd need to set it up well but I think they could make a killing doing it. Charge $10 a month or something, people would pay.

lionbear

Geelong Member from 2016
Feb 25, 2007
Reg Hickey Stand Level 2
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
49ers, Indians, Storm

I think the way of the future is the AFL/NRL having a hosting/streaming site where you can stream any old game you like. They'd need to set it up well but I think they could make a killing doing it. Charge $10 a month or something, people would pay.
Agree 100%

But until you have the service ready to go I would have thought you need to still produce DVD's, because all games from the past are not readily available. Plus Kayo is $25 to $35 a month, its a lot of money to pay if you are a casual watcher and just want to watch the Grand Final a couple of times, once $10 a month comes in different conversation.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors

Which is, effectively, where I am. I can watch any old game if I want; that's what I'm paying my tenner a month for. But only if you live outside Aus/NZ.

Remove this Banner Ad