Dec 29, 2000
The GraveYard Olympic Park.Melb.
Other Teams
Melb. Storm
So far I must say I have enjoyed the 3 finals :
Cronulla vs Broncos
Knights vs Roosters
Bulldogs vs Dragons.

All 3 have been close and hard fought encounters (with the exception of the Knights vs. Roosters game...which had a bit of a blow out score), so the remaining game Eels vs Warriors (my 2nd team) should round off the first week of finals.

Living in Melbourne and following rugby league without pay tv would be impossible...so far Ch.9 has not shown one game!!!!:mad: :mad:

What a disgrace and how pathetic is this station???:mad:

Thank goodness for my pay tv service.

I know people in Sydney and Brisbane get afl live and free to air.....what's the story. ??? Where's the fairness????

NOT A HAPPY JAN:(

And, sorry to say, the Eels demolished your 2nd team, Ms Storm.
They looked in awesome touch. Got my fingers crossed for the remainder of the finals.

Go Parra!!

NRL is not live on Optus or Foxtel...

But is on delay....at least its something.
And to make matters worse here in Melbourne, the radio stations barely give out the progress scores.......its a joke.

One needs pay tv and the internet to follow a sport a few hundred miles away....get with it Victoria and stop living in your own little world.

I know Sydney and Brisbane are more "relaxed" about other footy codes and do not show their bias nearly as much...its really hard living in Melb. with that sort of attitude shown by the media here.

Hippie,
What a team the Eels are...so awesome.....you are a very lucky man....and what a future they have...being such a young team.

However, I think the Warriors were a little overcome by the whole new experience and they will settle in the next few years to become a power.....I wish we had some of the Warriors and Eels players at the Storm;)

I just caught glimpses of the match on Optus on Sunday as I was out. Who was best?. I know the score was a bit of a blow out.

Guess I will have to buy the Sydney papers on Monday to get a proper run down of the games over the weekend (now you know what I mean about the lack of media coverage here in Melb....all you get is AFL...its sad really...becauses there's TOO MUCH OF IT, and some of the space could be devoted to other sport...more so rugby league/union:D

Cheers

I can understand how frustrated you must be, Ms Storm. Where I live up in the Riverina,we have a pretty good mix of all the codes, so you get good exposure to all of them. We aren't limited to following just one code and so you take a little bit from them all.

I love the athletism and skill of AFL, it's my first choice, but I can appreciate the strength and tackling skills of Rugby League and I've played a bit of Rugby Union as well, and it's a lot easier to follow if you've played a little.

Plus the added bonus, if one of your sides has been knocked out of the finals early (Nth), you can still have side to follow in another code. (Go Parra!) ;)

EaglesKickAss....

Ssorry, I have not checked the PM's. Will do so. Apologies to you.

Hippie,

Your area sounds ideal re the variety of sports accepted by the locals...wish it was like that in Melbourne....as much as I like my Dees and afl......I also love league/union/soccer for the points you mention...I especially love the Storm and rugby league......I find it hard to accept that many people here in Melbourne are a little ignorant of other sports apart from cricket and tennis....I think afl is shoved down our throats TOO MUCH.....its too protected...I heard Tim Lane admit to this same thing when he was interviewing one of the backs coaches for the British Lions...Tim said to him something like "we in Melbourne live in our own little world and are quite oblivious to other footy codes, including rugby Union".

Anyway, hopefully if Storm can make a go of it in Melbourne and if hopefully Melb. get that Super 14's team, Melbournians will acclimatise to having more union and league around and get around to "having a look at it" which they don't and getting more used to it.....the friends that I have got around to converting them to league now absolutely love it and quite regularly go to games, as well as to the afl...and say that they wished they had "known" about it earlier.

Anyway, it looks like the Eels will take off the title.
I predicted some time ago the Eels vs Broncos final, but now I think it will be Eeels vs Sharks......what do you think?

Cheers

A couple of weeks back, I'd have said Parra (not wanting to get too far ahead and jinx them) and the Bulldogs, but they've got some bad injuries out of their semi. I think Darren Britt, their prop has a broken arm although I haven't heard whether it's been confirmed and the 5/8 Anasta definitely is out with a broken finger. They'll miss those 2 badly. You may be right, the Sharks seem to be in the best form of the rest of them.

Here's hoping you are right. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad match up, both sides love to attack. Parramatta's defense has been good this year and that is the key for us to take it out.

well, after travelling to Melbourne to watch a complete mess at Colonial Stadium, I missed the Eels' demolition of the Warriors, which was being played at the same time...

Sometimes I wonder if I should have stayed home and gone out to Parra.

Naah :)

But still, I'll be at Stade de Aus for the prelim final and I hope like hell we can crack it for a Grand Final, finally.... Got my ticket already, will be sensational.

and then the NSL season starts the week after the grand finals. C'mon Spirit!! :D

Footy seaons never end, you just follow more of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back