nrl grand finals

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
good thing about nrl grand finals is the runner ups get to go on the stage they are then recognised too I think the captain and vice captain of the losing side even get a medal too and get more of a mention then the afl the afl runner ups don't get any thing not even a mention they are simply left in the shadows in the dark.

the afl treat runners ups as a disgrace

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
afl vfl do get nothing just maybe a small mention like a thanks for playing at the presentation

not that I recall never in afl or even vfl

Collingwood stalwart Tony Shaw 'binned' 1981 Grand Final loser's medal

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
in afl its winner all and afl makes the runner up side demolialized

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
good thing about nrl grand finals is the runner ups get to go on the stage they are then recognised too I think the captain and vice captain of the losing side even get a medal too and get more of a mention then the afl the afl runner ups don't get any thing not even a mention they are simply left in the shadows in the dark.

All players should get premiership medallions so no one misses out

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
runner up captain and vice captain get a runners up medal the rest of the runner up team then get to go on the stage

Godchin

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
That's the longest sentence I've ever seen.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
winners-2.gif

LightTower4

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2004
No Fixed Address
AFL Club
Melbourne

Get this crap off the main board.

Doesn't the captain of the losing side speak? TBH, runner up get the financial windfall and that's enough.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
One thing about NRL Grand Finals, and games in general, the professionalism of the systems and commentary is far better than the AFL equivalent.
AFL TV commentary is full of muppets barracking or trying to add their own brand on every piece of commentary. NRL while there is bias at times, at least it's people calling the game with some professionalism.

Don't even get me started on ARC vs the Bunker and the score review process.

One thing about NRL Grand Finals, and games in general, the professionalism of the systems and commentary is far better than the AFL equivalent.
AFL TV commentary is full of muppets barracking or trying to add their own brand on every piece of commentary. NRL while there is bias at times, at least it's people calling the game with some professionalism.

did you listen to the NRL commentary during the GF?? Half the time they critiqued the umpiring decisions & the other half they openly barracked for the Roosters who were “so brave” for defending their lead.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Ray Warren and Phil Gould are hideous commentators.

Back