Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Lets get ready to rumble!!

An absolutely massive round 1 with a double header in that magnificent looking stadium they have in Perth.

1st game up and it's the Dragons hosting the Broncos. Should bee a very close game to kick off the round and I'm inclined to go with the Dragons at home.

Friday night kicks off with the Knights v Sea Eagles. Expecting a decent crowd here and the Knights to open the season with a win. Game 2 has the Cowboys up against the Sharks and it's the Cowboys for me by 8-10.

What a super Saturday we will have. The Tigers v Roosters I'm picking to be one of the games of the round with Ivan Cleary's side more than capable of an upset.

That game is followed up the the double header in Perth with Souths up against the new look Warriors. Unfortunately the Warriors don't have a great record in Perth and I'm picking that to continue. The latr game should be a ripper with the Storm playing the Bulldogs who will want to put on a special one for Steve Folks.

Big western derby kicks us off on Sunday as Penrith host early NRL favourites Parramatta. Another bumper crowd should ensue and I'm going for the Panthers in an upst.

The Titans and Raiders wrap up the round in an intriguing game. Haven't seen a lot of either side and I'd only be guessing a winner.

Great to be back, so lets hope for some terrific footy to get us going.

Joined.

We have 3 spots open in ours.

In

Public League 2845372y82y191

edit - ummmm , there's only me and 1 other team....

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
It's game day!

giphy.gif

I'll never be happy with mine. Doesn't matter what I do...
I nearly got to a stage of starting Cook at hooker lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
The Knights officials are expecting a crowd of 25k or more. Would be a huge effort for a 6pm Friday game!

Would absolutely love to do Manly first round. That shocking trial is still fresh in my mind though.

That's a fair effort, hopefully turns out to be spot on. There even seemed to be a reasonable crowd tonight, what's going on! The Knights supporters have been starved of hope recently so I'd like to see the new look team come out firing, especially Ponga.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
That's a fair effort, hopefully turns out to be spot on. There even seemed to be a reasonable crowd tonight, what's going on! The Knights supporters have been starved of hope recently so I'd like to see the new look team come out firing, especially Ponga.
We've already sold 23k tickets so it will depend on how many walk ups arrive.

Can't wait for tonight!

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
As for the game last night, the Broncos were absolutely horrendous. I can easily see them missing the 8 - they're spending some serious money on some average players.
The biggest problem is that the halves are overvalued atm. Hunt was taken from us for $1.2m/year. The Broncs would have been mad to even go close to matching that. Melbourne offered Milf around $900k/year. Bird cost $700k/year.
Boyd should have never been given a new four year deal worth about $2.4m.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Just on the PTB, the refs went nuts in the trials and then the Dragons 1st try came from a ptb where the player barely got a foot anywhere near the ball. Consistency please guys.

Bloody good win for the Dragons and the Broncos do look unlikely.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
The biggest problem is that the halves are overvalued atm. Hunt was taken from us for $1.2m/year. The Broncs would have been mad to even go close to matching that. Melbourne offered Milf around $900k/year. Bird cost $700k/year.
Boyd should have never been given a new four year deal worth about $2.4m.
They are to an extent but if you don't have 1 mil to throw at Hunt, you're likely overspending elsewhere. I don't think Hunt was worth 1 mil but Pearce/Cronk (hypothetically - I know he only wanted Sydney) would have been had you had the cap room. Having Milford and Nikorima as your starting halves is very poor list management imo.

Totally agree on Boyd. I would have offered just over half that.

Looks like the broncos have gone down the tigers road of overvaluing their youngsters and investing big in some ordinary players who don’t fit their system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back