NRL NRL Round 14 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Should be another exciting NRL round ahead with some key match ups.

Friday night: Raiders v Panthers. Raiders a big chance here at home. Titans host Souths and an upset on here. Souths still to win, just.

Super Saturday: Starts with Manly's home game against the Warriors in Christchurch. Warriors a big chance here and will want to win. I hear RTS's in doubt and that will hurt. Newcastle host the Roosters and I think the Roosters win. Lastly it's the Eels v Cowboys and you'd think a sadly out of touch Eels would be no show.

Sunday: Sharks to beat the Tigers and a beauty at AAMI Park as the Storm host the Broncos. A fresh Storm should win.

* Damien Cook copped a whack to his sternum in the second half of the Origin opener but has travelled to the Gold Coast and will play. Greg Inglis, Dane Gagai and Angus Crichton are also expected to back up.

* Penrith coach Anthony Griffin is confident all four of his State of Origin stars — James Maloney, Nathan Cleary, Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Tyrone Peachey — will back up.

* Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (ankle) is in doubt for the Warriors with Peta Hiku set to switch to fullback.

* The Titans have confirmed Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace will back up despite a tight turnaround.

* Will Chambers will miss out for the Storm after copping a one-week suspension.

In the big news so far:

* Maroons centre Will Chambers will miss out for the Storm after copping a one-week suspension from Origin I.

* Maroons stars Greg Inglis and Dane Gagai will miss South Sydney’s clash with the Gold Coast. Blues ace Damien Cook copped a whack to his sternum in the second half of the Origin opener but is set to play, along with Angus Crichton, but both have been named on the bench in the updated Rabbitohs side.

* Penrith coach Anthony Griffin is confident all four of his State of Origin stars — James Maloney, Nathan Cleary, Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Tyrone Peachey — will back up.

* Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (ankle) is in doubt for the Warriors with Peta Hiku set to switch to fullback.

* The Titans have confirmed Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace will back up despite a tight turnaround.

* Victorious NSW State of Origin siblings Jake Trbojevic and Tom Trbojevic have been cleared to play in Manly’s clash with the Warriors.

* The Roosters expect their full compliment of State of Origin stars - Latrell Mitchell, James Tedesco, Boyd Cordner and Dylan Napa - to back up.

Yes. Kicking the ball over the side-line when you're well behind on the scoreboard; what's that all about? Warriors scored some lovely tries, though, SJ and Fusitua a pleasure to watch.

Green was v good early and Luke's been a star. Would've really like to see us absolutely smash them, but happy with that. Big game next week in Townsville.

Yeah, you should be. Luke was very good, he so seemed to go into the doldrums last season. I just watched the NQL. They looked hapless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back