NRL NRL Round 2 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
After a ripping 1st round the pressure goes back on the clubs to produce a similar standard of footy and the fans to turn back out again in numbers.

Some real standouts over the weekend including the Warriors, Melbourne, Saints and a very good comeback from the Titans.

Thursday night gets the week going and it's a huge derby between the Sharks and Dragons. Saints were excellent last week and I think they'll win again.

Two intriguing match ups on friday night with the Roosters playing the Bulldogs and Brisbane at home to the Cowboys. The Roosters were ok despite a loss to the Tigers and the Doggies were disappointing against the Storm. A real toss of the coing game here, but the Roosters for me only due to the home factor.

Brisbane were shocking against the Dragons and it's hard to see them beating a red hot Cowboys.

Super saturday comprises of 3 good looking games.

Can the Warriors back up their great efforts in Perth? If they do it will have more than a few curious heads turning. GoldCoast, who ended their game so well will be no easybeats, but the Warriors were too good not to tip again.

Penrith should beat Souths, but they won't want to start slowly again.

The defending Premiers open their home campaign up against the West Tigers. Melbourne were so good it'd hard to tip against them.

Sunday keeps the ball rolling with Manly v Parramatta and Canberra hosting the gutsy Knights. Two very hard games to pick and both probably a toss of the coin. The home teams for me, but not by many in either game.

Yeah, it was a good contest. The commentator said at one point, the Cowboys have had all the 50/50 calls; well maybe they did, but I thought the Broncs got all the 30/70 calls, I'm far from convinced Pangai Jnr retained control all the way to the line (if he ever got there), and Glenn's try was on the back of a clear forward pass. But having said all that, I can't deny that Brisbane were good vale for their win, and the Cowboys looked well below par.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty undisciplined by the Tigers. I'm not an expert on NRL rules but all the penalties look like they've been there

their kicking game has been good though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back