NRL NRL round 23 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The countdown to season end has begun and tonight is a huge one for the Broncos. They simply can't drop this game against Souths or the Tigers will come a hunting.

6pm in Manly on friday night and it's the Sea Eagles v Titans. Who wins? I have no idea who to tip, but I reckon the Titans are due for a change of luck. Lets hope more than a handful turn up.

In a are occurance the Storm are on fta tv again Friday night when the face Parramatta. This game probably would barely have raised an eyebrow a few weeks ago, but the Eels were great last week and the Storm were well down on what we'd expect. Melbourne should win, but it won't be easy.

Super Saturday and one game stands out among the 3. The Tigers v Dragons game will become huge for Wests if the Broncos lose. The Dragons were woeful last week and they'll need to turn that around quick smart. With s much on the line I think the Tigers might just get up.

I expect Penrith to roll Newcastle and Cronulla to beat the Cowboys.

The round finishes off with the Warriors v Bulldogs and Canberra v Roosters. One pleasing aspect of the Warriors is, they've been pretty good in Australia this year and I really expect that to continue. The Roosters should bolt it in after a slow start to the game.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/27/nrl-tipping-round-16---what-the-experts-are-saying/

Dragons v Eels

The Dragons will be hoping their Test and Origin stars take the field on Thursday night. It was a great start to the season for the Red V, but this period will challenge them physically and mentally. The Eels just need to win and they need an almighty effort from the 17 that take the field.
Tip: Dragons by 10

Warriors v Sharks

Both teams have won three of their past five matches, but the Warriors will benefit from Shaun Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck having missed the Denver Test. This is the time of year where they need to be making a statement. The Sharks love a grind and in an arm wrestle they will turn to their forwards to lead the way on Friday night. It will be a big test for Cronulla, but they can win in a close one.
Tip: Sharks by 4

Roosters v Storm

The game of the round. Cooper Cronk returns to face his old mates and the Roosters are looking for their fifth win in a row. The Tricolours have been impressive over the past month, with Cronk and halves partner Luke Keary steering the ship. It will be a mental challenge for their Origin stars who are backing up. The Storm have been impressive of late, with Cameron Smith the key to their success in 2018. The No.9 will once again be called upon to be the difference on Friday.
Tip: Storm by 4

Panthers v Sea Eagles

The Panthers will be hoping Nathan Cleary and James Maloney are ready to go after guiding NSW to a series win. The Panthers were poor during their last outing against the Roosters and need to improve to continue to stay a top-four side. Manly will look to Daly Cherry-Evans and the Trbojevic brothers to spark them, but they are busted and down on troops and the task will be too big.
Tip: Panthers by 10

Knights v Bulldogs

Kalyn Ponga is a star, but he can't do it on his own. The Knights halves need to provide more in attack and they need to help the fullback out. The Bulldogs need to go up the F3 and get the job done. They need to turn around their poor performance at Belmore and show their fans what they're capable of. The side needs to block the outside noise and win.
Tip: Bulldogs by 6

Broncos v Raiders

The Broncos sit in eighth position and are four points clear of the Raiders. It's a huge game for Brisbane to keep themselves in the eight and after a tough win against the Sharks in Round 15, the Broncos will have a point to prove. The Raiders were superb against the Wests Tigers thanks to the returning Josh Hodgson. Hodgson has brilliant in his first game back from a knee injury. His composure and game management helped the Raiders halves and ultimately changed the way Canberra played. The No.9 is key to their finals push.
Tip: Raiders by 6

Tigers v Titans

It's a new look Wests Tigers this weekend. Moses Mbye's first outing in his new colours and the return of Robbie Farah. The two additions will provide plenty of options in attack for the Tigers and provide much-needed help for Luke Brooks. The Titans come into the fixture with plenty of confidence after their impressive win over the Bulldogs. Ash Taylor and AJ Brimson have been impressive and their partnership will only get better. They will be up against on Sunday the Gold Coast, but the only way to shut the crowd out is score more points and worry about themselves.
Tip: Tigers by 4

Rabbitohs v Cowboys

The Rabbitohs are genuine title contenders in 2018. Their attack is the best in the competition and a lot of it is generated down their left side. Anthony Seibold has changed the way they play this year and they have benefited from a fit and healthy spine. The Cowboys have been disappointing. Their attack looks slow at times and very predictable. An injured Michael Morgan doesn't help, but the two JTs can't always be the ones to get them out of trouble. You can never write the Cowboys off, but it's just been one of those years for the 2017 grand finalist.
Tip: Rabbitohs by 10
Sorry for the intrusion but I couldn't help but notice you copy and pasted the rd16 preview from the nrl website rather than the rd 23 preview as the thread title suggests.

Sorry for the intrusion but I couldn't help but notice you copy and pasted the rd16 preview from the nrl website rather than the rd 23 preview as the thread title suggests.

Yea, I wasn't feeling very inspired for that round so I did exactly that. That said, we're rolling over the threads so watchers get notified of new ones, but next week I'll do it to another one so that link goes.

The refs have already decided that Melbourne must win. Only five minutes in and they have already missed two Parramatta penalties which should have been called before the try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost always the biggest grubs are forwards, as you'd expect. Will Chambers does a sterling job of making sure the outside backs don't miss out on the action.

Almost always the biggest grubs are forwards, as you'd expect. Will Chambers does a sterling job of making sure the outside backs don't miss out on the action.

It was a horrid incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back