Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
The countdown to season end has begun and tonight is a huge one for the Broncos. They simply can't drop this game against Souths or the Tigers will come a hunting.

6pm in Manly on friday night and it's the Sea Eagles v Titans. Who wins? I have no idea who to tip, but I reckon the Titans are due for a change of luck. Lets hope more than a handful turn up.

In a are occurance the Storm are on fta tv again Friday night when the face Parramatta. This game probably would barely have raised an eyebrow a few weeks ago, but the Eels were great last week and the Storm were well down on what we'd expect. Melbourne should win, but it won't be easy.

Super Saturday and one game stands out among the 3. The Tigers v Dragons game will become huge for Wests if the Broncos lose. The Dragons were woeful last week and they'll need to turn that around quick smart. With s much on the line I think the Tigers might just get up.

I expect Penrith to roll Newcastle and Cronulla to beat the Cowboys.

The round finishes off with the Warriors v Bulldogs and Canberra v Roosters. One pleasing aspect of the Warriors is, they've been pretty good in Australia this year and I really expect that to continue. The Roosters should bolt it in after a slow start to the game.

So here we are. One round to go and table positions up for grabs.

We kick off the last round with a desperate Souths looking to gain a bit of form heading in to finals. The Tigers will want to ensure they don't, but with so much at stake I expect Souths to win pretty comfortably.

Friday night kicks off with Simon Mannering's 300th game for the Warriors. What a great servant he has been for the club and the game in NZ. There would be no more fitting finale than an NRL Premiership. First though they need to be a Raiders side who are in pretty good form. I expect the Warriors to win, but it will be a huge battle. Mt Smart is officially sold out, so a crowd of over 25k is expected.

Game 2 and it's the Storm up against the sliding Panthers. The Storm will win this by 16-24 points and ensure they go into the finals as one of the red hot favourites.

Super Saturday and the farewell to JT. Prior to that though, the struggling Saints meet the Knights who are capable of pulling off an upset. Just have a feeling after last week that, the Dragons will come out firing and win.

On to Thurston's final game and it would be fitting if he went out a winner, but I think the Titans are going to win. Hopefully the fans do turn out as predicted and give him the send off he deserves when the game is finished and also give the Titans a huge send off too as they've been much better than their table position suggests.

The Eels and Roosters round out the night and I'm expecting the Roosters to bounce back.

On Sunday the Dogs will not beat the Sharks and the Broncos will hammer the Sea Eagles.

Has been a great year so far, so hopefully we get an exciting last round and the fans turn out in force.

Go you mighty Warriors!!

I think it's been a good year too, it seems a real step up to me, nearly all the sides have played some very good footy at points in the season, and everything still to play for.

Yeah, two lovely kicks from Benji, then they ran right over them.

How I would have loved to have had him at Wigan, though; he's ten times the player Adam Reynolds will ever be.

Bunnies looking very good, but can they get past the Storm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, a couple of those kicks from Cleary would have seen the Panthers home comfortably, and a while back he looked like he'd never miss. I suppose with Maloney only just coming back from injury they didn't want to risk him as an option. The Roosters have everything to play for now. A good solid effort again from the Warriors too. They still remain a force in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back