NRL SC 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Like AFL, NRL Supercoach opened over night. Spent the majority of last nights snoozefest 0-0 120 minute draw against Uzbekistan in the Asian Cup picking the foundation of my side that i’ll change 4000 times before round 1 begins.

4DF47DC2-92BE-4CFA-92CF-AB31DD963FC7.jpeg

Like AFL, NRL Supercoach opened over night. Spent the majority of last nights snoozefest 0-0 120 minute draw against Uzbekistan in the Asian Cup picking the foundation of my side that i’ll change 4000 times before round 1 begins.

View attachment 608624
Not a bad lineup except for that prick on the bench at 5-8th.

View attachment 608624

Widdop's gone home

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon

View attachment 608624
Some nice picks in Cherry-Evans, TPJ, Taumalolo. Widdop could be good if he adjusts to fullback well.
Klemmer, Frizzel and Fisher-Harris aren't guns imo. Look at guys like Fifita, Tapau, S. Burgess, J. Trbojevic, Arrow. Murray is underpriced, has a high Points per minute, won't start on the bench like last year and will see more minutes.
Get rid of Moses for whichever rookie partners him from Parra. Both Parra and Warriors will start rookie halves that will be must have cash cows.
Speaking of rookies, looks like a lot in CTWs and not many fwds. I'd drop Croker, move Capewell to CTWs and get another fwd.
Also look for Scott Drinkwater to be the Storm's fullback, if so another rookie must have.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Some nice picks in Cherry-Evans, TPJ, Taumalolo. Widdop could be good if he adjusts to fullback well.
Klemmer, Frizzel and Fisher-Harris aren't guns imo. Look at guys like Fifita, Tapau, S. Burgess, J. Trbojevic, Arrow. Murray is underpriced, has a high Points per minute, won't start on the bench like last year and will see more minutes.
Get rid of Moses for whichever rookie partners him from Parra. Both Parra and Warriors will start rookie halves that will be must have cash cows.
Speaking of rookies, looks like a lot in CTWs and not many fwds. I'd drop Croker, move Capewell to CTWs and get another fwd.
Also look for Scott Drinkwater to be the Storm's fullback, if so another rookie must have.
Have changed my side completely since my initial post. A lot of those you have mentioned have come in/been considered. Waiting for trials to get a better look at the make up of teams.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Have changed my side completely since my initial post. A lot of those you have mentioned have come in/been considered. Waiting for trials to get a better look at the make up of teams.
A few players im looking out for at trials are:

Sezer
Cotric
Bateman
Radley
Holland
Moga

etc

and cheapies like:

Allan
Gray
Garrick
CHT
Haas
Hopoate
Salmon

etc

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
A few players im looking out for at trials are:

Sezer
Cotric
Bateman
Radley
Holland
Moga

etc

and cheapies like:

Allan
Gray
Garrick
CHT
Haas
Hopoate
Salmon

etc
Yeah looking at a lot of those. Also looking at Ash Taylor as my starting half. Bit of a POD. Looks like he’s trimmed down in the off season and is primed to have a huge season. Could potentially snap up Hughes or Drinkwater depending on who wins the number 1 jersey.

Here’s where i’m at right now:

2101B387-DC16-43EC-BB30-6F89249AEC47.jpeg

2EAE1CBA-3501-4CEA-9029-DCD541B7DF23.jpeg

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Yeah looking at a lot of those. Also looking at Ash Taylor as my starting half. Bit of a POD. Looks like he’s trimmed down in the off season and is primed to have a huge season. Could potentially snap up Hughes or Drinkwater depending on who wins the number 1 jersey.

Here’s where i’m at right now:

View attachment 615333
View attachment 615334

Nicely balanced team. I think spending a lot on 2RFs is a good strategy! That said, there do seem to be a fair few 2RFs that represent lots of value for money too so getting the right combination will be crucial. The rest of your team is pretty good too, don't think i can fault many (if any) of your selections given there seems to be reason behind a lot of them. Abbey is one that hasn't been on my radar at all. I might watch him during the preseason. Wings/Ctrs seem to be the position to go for value for money in mid-pricers and cheapies. Cheapies like Lomax, Ravalawa, Gray, Salmon, Allan, Hopoate, Garrick all seem to represent great value for money. I'd also argue that there aren't too many premium wings/ctrs that scream 'pick me'. Mansour, Cotric, Isaako, Holland, Gutherson are on my radar but to be honest i don't see too much upside in any of them. Mansour/Cotric/Holland are the ones that have been in my team at some point.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Nicely balanced team. I think spending a lot on 2RFs is a good strategy! That said, there do seem to be a fair few 2RFs that represent lots of value for money too so getting the right combination will be crucial. The rest of your team is pretty good too, don't think i can fault many (if any) of your selections given there seems to be reason behind a lot of them. Abbey is one that hasn't been on my radar at all. I might watch him during the preseason. Wings/Ctrs seem to be the position to go for value for money in mid-pricers and cheapies. Cheapies like Lomax, Ravalawa, Gray, Salmon, Allan, Hopoate, Garrick all seem to represent great value for money. I'd also argue that there aren't too many premium wings/ctrs that scream 'pick me'. Mansour, Cotric, Isaako, Holland, Gutherson are on my radar but to be honest i don't see too much upside in any of them. Mansour/Cotric/Holland are the ones that have been in my team at some point.
Cheers for the feedback. Abbey is in my side purely on speculation. Wighton has been training at 5/8 this season and Abbey apparently has his nose in front to play fullback. Best premium CTW for me is Mansour. His base stats are consistent enough to score well without having to cross the line. And I think he’ll cross the line more now that he doesn’t have that ball hog peachey playing inside him.

Really want to find room to fit king gutho in my side but can’t justify it yet. Will likely burn me not having him.

How’s your team looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back