Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Cheers for the feedback. Abbey is in my side purely on speculation. Wighton has been training at 5/8 this season and Abbey apparently has his nose in front to play fullback. Best premium CTW for me is Mansour. His base stats are consistent enough to score well without having to cross the line. And I think he’ll cross the line more now that he doesn’t have that ball hog peachey playing inside him.

Really want to find room to fit king gutho in my side but can’t justify it yet. Will likely burn me not having him.

How’s your team looking?
Ok, that is sound reasoning with respect to Abbey. I agree with regards to Mansour as well. I've been tossing up between him and Cotric but in the end it turns out that i currently dont have the 8k needed to upgrade Cotric to Mansour. I may be able to make a 10-15k downgrade on my bench in which case ill probably go with Mansour. Much of a muchness at the moment though.

I posted my team a couple posts above. I really like my team but i may have picked a few too many mid-priced centres/wings with Cotric, Capewell, Moga and Bird starting. I might change that up based on the preseason but like i said there arent many premium options i like. If i could upgrade Moga to Mansour that would be awesome but obviously would require a downgrade somewhere else :/

Anyway, i think ill try not to touch my team for a week or so now.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok, that is sound reasoning with respect to Abbey. I agree with regards to Mansour as well. I've been tossing up between him and Cotric but in the end it turns out that i currently dont have the 8k needed to upgrade Cotric to Mansour. I may be able to make a 10-15k downgrade on my bench in which case ill probably go with Mansour. Much of a muchness at the moment though.

I posted my team a couple posts above. I really like my team but i may have picked a few too many mid-priced centres/wings with Cotric, Capewell, Moga and Bird starting. I might change that up based on the preseason but like i said there arent many premium options i like. If i could upgrade Moga to Mansour that would be awesome but obviously would require a downgrade somewhere else :/

Anyway, i think ill try not to touch my team for a week or so now.
Ah yep I see. I like your POD starting front row, very ballsy. Tolman is on my radar if Napa is suspended for the start of the season. Think he will score very well and is cheap enough that’ll allow me to invest a good amount of cash elsewhere

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Ah yep I see. I like your POD starting front row, very ballsy. Tolman is on my radar if Napa is suspended for the start of the season. Think he will score very well and is cheap enough that’ll allow me to invest a good amount of cash elsewhere
Yeah i think Tolman has massive potential pending what happens to Napa. Twal is a pretty speculative pick but again i think he could be value. I am thinking about downgrading Moga and upgrading Twal but ill wait till the preseason games start.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I just noticed Drinkwater is only 220k, cant pass up that value!

EDIT: Tedesco > Drinkwater has allowed me to upgrade my wings/centres and after a little restructure im left with this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 6.06.43 am.png

Gutherson is very much on my radar but at the moment im reasonably happy with my centres/wings but Cotric would probably be the one to make way if i decide i need Gutho. I know i've gone with a mostly mid-priced madness team but i feel that i have done so in order to maximise the value in the mid and lower priced backs which gives me a strong(ish) 17, not just 13. I still have Ponga/Cook/McCullough/Arrow who should all be in the very top echelon in their respective positions. I think ill be changing my wings/centres often right up until the season starts but every other position i could just about lock in. That is, until the preseason games start and i inevitably end up restructuring my whole team in order to fit one guy in

Last edited:
I would stay away from starting Taumalolo as the cowboys have a few home games to start and they tend to manage his minutes in the March heat/humidity. I think will drop to 550k by round 6 or 7 and will pick up then.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I would stay away from starting Taumalolo as the cowboys have a few home games to start and they tend to manage his minutes in the March heat/humidity. I think will drop to 550k by round 6 or 7 and will pick up then.
Disagree. I think he’s a must have to start the season. He’s not going to be the one that’ll struggle in the conditions - it’ll be the opposition. If you further analyse the draw we’re playing the likes of cronulla and canberra in afternoon games who notoriously have big boys in the middle. The likes of Papalii, Lui, Fifita, Gallen, Prior will all struggle significantly in the heat and the Cowboys will have an advantage in these games provided mother nature comes to the party. Its vital for us that we don’t start the season like 2018 and start positively so I don’t think we’ll be managing our best forwards minutes in such crucial games. We haven’t really managed his minutes for years to be honest, and he should get his usual 60-65 minutes.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Kurt Mann is one player I’ve got on my radar and not sure if I put him at hooker or CTW.
I reckon this experiment will blow up in Browns face. There’s no way they can turn him into a starting 9 over 1 pre season. It seems like he was lured to the Knights with the promise of more playing time/bigger role, and now that he’s got there they’ve realised all the positions Mann is best suited for are filled with talented players, so they’ve gone and created a completely new role for him. They’ve got Levi and Woolford on their books, so it baffles as to why they’re trying this experiment.

Disagree. I think he’s a must have to start the season. He’s not going to be the one that’ll struggle in the conditions - it’ll be the opposition. If you further analyse the draw we’re playing the likes of cronulla and canberra in afternoon games who notoriously have big boys in the middle. The likes of Papalii, Lui, Fifita, Gallen, Prior will all struggle significantly in the heat and the Cowboys will have an advantage in these games provided mother nature comes to the party. Its vital for us that we don’t start the season like 2018 and start positively so I don’t think we’ll be managing our best forwards minutes in such crucial games. We haven’t really managed his minutes for years to be honest, and he should get his usual 60-65 minutes.
His best scoring is when he gets 65+ mins. I think he only gets 55-60 mins for the first few rounds. His start last year look like it was managed
2CD5B691-F405-4095-9973-62318F17D23D.jpeg

Last edited:
Never played before, so I just selected the players that were popular selections.

I have NFI if this team is any good.

Team name is The Pushovers

View attachment 615948
View attachment 615949
Usually the CTW is where most of the cash generation is. I’d go 1 or 2 keepers top in those positions. Bateman from the raiders would be another good option as he usually plays in the back row but is listed as a dual 2RW CTW

Oct 17, 2012
Midland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Would probably downgrade the likes of Isaako, Mitchel and Marsters to rookies to free up cash to upgrade your forwards on your bench.
Usually the CTW is where most of the cash generation is. I’d go 1 or 2 keepers top in those positions. Bateman from the raiders would be another good option as he usually plays in the back row but is listed as a dual 2RW CTW
I think I understand, so something like this?

1549523017318.png

1549523033159.png

Oct 17, 2012
Midland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Yeah that’s better. I’d probably use the remainder of that cash to upgrade Radley to a premium dual position forward like a Sam Burgess or Taupau. It’ll just give you more flexibility in the event of injuries/suspensipns/byes etc.
Burgess it it, ideally how much cash should I try to have spare to start the season?

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Burgess it it, ideally how much cash should I try to have spare to start the season?
I have 55K left over that I can see using and think that’s plenty to have. I don’t see a problem either with people not having any cash left over for the start of the season. Plenty of ways to skin a cat.

Oct 17, 2012
Midland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I have 55K left over that I can see using and think that’s plenty to have. I don’t see a problem either with people not having any cash left over for the start of the season. Plenty of ways to skin a cat.
Yeah I got 51K currently, gonna do some rookie research to bolster my bench.

So I'm thinking we can do a bit of player "X vs Y vs Z" in this thread to stimulate some discussion.

I'll kick off with:

Taumololo + Twal vs Matterson + Tolman
&
Ponga vs Munster (and 65k)
Matterson is overrated and won’t play 80 at the tigers. LoLo and Twal easy.
If Munster starts at FB, I want him. If he doesn’t ponga please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back