Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Forget about last year where Bird was injured, Bird has a 50 point average over the previous 3 years.
I’d take him easy and is on my radar
Yeah Bird looks to be value but i cant fit him into my team with the likes of Capewell and Bateman occupying my wing/centres. I guess im wondering whether Bateman is worth the extra 80k over Bird. I'd love to hear some thoughts on Foran too. He has so much potential at face value but is he destined to be a perpetual disappointment with performance and injuries?

Yeah Bird looks to be value but i cant fit him into my team with the likes of Capewell and Bateman occupying my wing/centres. I guess im wondering whether Bateman is worth the extra 80k over Bird. I'd love to hear some thoughts on Foran too. He has so much potential at face value but is he destined to be a perpetual disappointment with performance and injuries?
Even when fully fit, Forans best was high 40s in SC. He’s more of a NRL fantasy player with their scoring system where they include kick metres
Think he takes a back foot to Lewis anyway. That kid looks just as good as Wally did.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Even when fully fit, Forans best was high 40s in SC. He’s more of a NRL fantasy player with their scoring system where they include kick metres
Think he takes a back foot to Lewis anyway. That kid looks just as good as Wally did.
Noted, i think ill drop Foran for Bird at 5/8 and lock Bateman in in the centres. My team is looking really top heavy currently.

My FRF are Fifita, Tolman (TPJ, Haas) and my 2RF are Trbojevic, Taumalolo, Arrow (Murray, Stimson, Cartwright)

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Havent changed my team for a couple days. $69,600 in the bank

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 8.39.20 am.png

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I've played around with dropping Fifita and Trbojevic in order to get Edwards at FB and Munster at 5/8 for a more equal distribution of cash. I think both have upside this season, Munster's scoring in games without Slater is very impressive. Obviously he's no certainty to replicate that but i think he has upside at his price. I like how the Panthers use their backs so ive got Mansour and Edwards in at the moment.

Then I've also added Keighran and the Titans' Cartwright has come in for the Panthers' Cartwright. I do seem to have a lot of mid-priced players but it seems like this year is a good one for value mid-pricers, ive heard that from several experienced NRL Fantasy/SC players. I still have 8 cows as my bench players and only 2 of the 8 are over 200k (Drinkwater & Cartwright) so hopefully ill still generate enough cash for upgrades!

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
After a few more changes:

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 9.46.16 pm.png

I got rid of TPJ as i dont see him getting the minutes i originally thought he would. Ive ended up doing my best to strengthen my backs even though forwards seem to score more reliably. I think the likes of Munster, Mansour and Edwards could be value for money. Kahu is in if he gets that FB spot at the Cowboys. I'm fairly happy with how it looks, a few speculative picks in there like Radley but overall its probably fairly generic.

View attachment 621646

I got rid of TPJ as i dont see him getting the minutes i originally thought he would. Ive ended up doing my best to strengthen my backs even though forwards seem to score more reliably. I think the likes of Munster, Mansour and Edwards could be value for money. Kahu is in if he gets that FB spot at the Cowboys. I'm fairly happy with how it looks, a few speculative picks in there like Radley but overall its probably fairly generic.
Like the kahu pick. Played all right last Friday night and got the added bonus of probably being the GK

Also joined BF : Callums_Guns

Have 2 cashies going both codes

NRL 2019

Comp.A - H2H

Entry $100
Total Prize Pool $2000
Prize breakdown
GF Winner Top8 - $1200
GF Runner Up Top8 - $300
Minor Premiers - $300
GF Winner Bottom8 - $200

Comp.B - Points

Entry $100
Total Prize Pool $2000
Prize breakdown
Highest Points Total (All rounds finals inc) $1200
Highest Round Total (All rounds finals inc) $800

PM for entry details for either comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon

View attachment 621646

I agree on TPJ. Hamstring problems already aren't a good sign. Good thing about NRL compared to AFL is you can be more liberal with trades, so if he’s killing it you trade him in.
I think you have spent too much on CTWs given most rookies/cheapie seem to be there atm. Also a lot on Hooker as well, it's left your fwds weakened, and they're as you say more reliable scorers.
I'd drop McCullough and move Holland to HOOK and get another rookie. Possibly drop another CTW as well. Also if Drinkwater gets Storm FLB spot put him in and move Hoppa to CTW.
Then upgrade Radley to a dual FR/2R to cover FR, Burgess or Tapau. Also Haas is suspended so FR rookies looking really light on, could upgrade him to another midpricer, Napa or Glasby if they get good minutes.
I like Edwards as a POD, and Tolman and Morgan good mid price options.

My second attempt at a team after doing some readings.

View attachment 629444

I wonder if I need to bolster the Wings/Centres or the Halves?

Is there any real chance that Allan doesn't play R1, or is Bennett just blowing smoke.
The SuperCoach never knows what he’s doing. Why should anyone else.

EARLY MAIL
SuperCoaches are reaching for the trade button with a host of popular players set to miss round one selection.
Teams for the opening week will be announced on Tuesday, but already The Daily Telegraph can confirm a number of the most-owned players in SuperCoach will miss out.

LOSERS
• Cronulla centre sensation Bronson Xerri (ninth most popular) won’t debut unless there is an injury.

• Manly speedster Albert Hopoate (13th most popular) didn’t trial and will be eased back from an ACL injury, although he is replaced by another cheapie Reuben Garrick.

• Broncos behemoth Payne Haas (18th most popular) will miss the first four weeks through disciplinary suspension. But his bench spot will be filled by another cheapie Thomas Flegler, who has leapfrogged the more fancied Patrick Carrigan (39th most popular).

• Newcastle recruit Kurt Mann, formerly the fifth most popular player in SuperCoach, has sunk to 31st following news he will be eased into his hooking career from the bench.

• Warriors recruit Taane Milne has slid from sixth to 36th after failing to trial. He is no chance for round one.
The predicted squads for every team ahead of round one of the 2019 NRL season.

• Melbourne young gun Scott Drinkwater is still owned by almost 10 per cent of SuperCoaches, but must be sold immediately following news he will miss up to three months with a pectoral tear.

• Warriors playmaker Chanel Harris-Tavita was a top 10 player early in the pre-season, but has dropped to 50th following news fellow cheapie Adam Keighran is the favourite for the halves spot vacated by Shaun Johnson.

• Tevita Pangai Jnr once sat in the top three most popular players, but has fallen to 26th following news he will be eased back from a hamstring injury from the bench.

WINNERS
• Zac Lomax, Dylan Brown, Briton Nikora, Keighran and Garrick are assured round one spots and can be safely locked in as cheapies.

• Cronulla young gun Blayke Brailey, brother of established NRL player Jayden, has surged into cheapie calculations at hooker following news James Segeyaro will be let go as part of Cronulla’s salary cap penalties.

• Lachlan Burr has emerged as a left-field cheapie. He is in contention for a starting lock spot at the Warriors following news Adam Blair (hamstring) is racing the clock.

• With Jack De Belin stood down and Tyson Frizell moving to lock, Dragons youngster Jacob Host is expected to start on the edge and is therefore set to surge through the rankings from his current position of 55th.

UNCERTAIN
• Mail remains strong that the third most popular player in SuperCoach Corey Allan remains a good chance for a round one wing spot despite denials from South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett.

EARLY MAIL
SuperCoaches are reaching for the trade button with a host of popular players set to miss round one selection.
Teams for the opening week will be announced on Tuesday, but already The Daily Telegraph can confirm a number of the most-owned players in SuperCoach will miss out.

LOSERS
• Cronulla centre sensation Bronson Xerri (ninth most popular) won’t debut unless there is an injury.

• Manly speedster Albert Hopoate (13th most popular) didn’t trial and will be eased back from an ACL injury, although he is replaced by another cheapie Reuben Garrick.

• Broncos behemoth Payne Haas (18th most popular) will miss the first four weeks through disciplinary suspension. But his bench spot will be filled by another cheapie Thomas Flegler, who has leapfrogged the more fancied Patrick Carrigan (39th most popular).

• Newcastle recruit Kurt Mann, formerly the fifth most popular player in SuperCoach, has sunk to 31st following news he will be eased into his hooking career from the bench.

• Warriors recruit Taane Milne has slid from sixth to 36th after failing to trial. He is no chance for round one.
The predicted squads for every team ahead of round one of the 2019 NRL season.

• Melbourne young gun Scott Drinkwater is still owned by almost 10 per cent of SuperCoaches, but must be sold immediately following news he will miss up to three months with a pectoral tear.

• Warriors playmaker Chanel Harris-Tavita was a top 10 player early in the pre-season, but has dropped to 50th following news fellow cheapie Adam Keighran is the favourite for the halves spot vacated by Shaun Johnson.

• Tevita Pangai Jnr once sat in the top three most popular players, but has fallen to 26th following news he will be eased back from a hamstring injury from the bench.

WINNERS
• Zac Lomax, Dylan Brown, Briton Nikora, Keighran and Garrick are assured round one spots and can be safely locked in as cheapies.

• Cronulla young gun Blayke Brailey, brother of established NRL player Jayden, has surged into cheapie calculations at hooker following news James Segeyaro will be let go as part of Cronulla’s salary cap penalties.

• Lachlan Burr has emerged as a left-field cheapie. He is in contention for a starting lock spot at the Warriors following news Adam Blair (hamstring) is racing the clock.

• With Jack De Belin stood down and Tyson Frizell moving to lock, Dragons youngster Jacob Host is expected to start on the edge and is therefore set to surge through the rankings from his current position of 55th.

UNCERTAIN
• Mail remains strong that the third most popular player in SuperCoach Corey Allan remains a good chance for a round one wing spot despite denials from South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett.
Burr looked really good in the trial against the storm. I’d have no problem in getting him in.
Luke Garner looks likely to grab the starting second row job after Chris Lawrence bad injury

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Burr looked really good in the trial against the storm. I’d have no problem in getting him in.
Luke Garner looks likely to grab the starting second row job after Chris Lawrence bad injury

My cheapies are:

Host
Garner/Cartwright/Burr
Keighran
Brown
Lomax/Garrick/Nikora

I suppose you could count CNK and Kahu too as they are my other 2 under 300k.

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
View attachment 634022

View attachment 634024

I'll admit I don't really know what I'm doing but from the very limited research I've done this squad should be ok. Have never really gotten into NRL SC but wanted to give it a go this year, RL isn't really designed for fantasy sports but we'll see.
Hey mate. Lots of great picks there.
A few pointers -
*You've overspent in CTWs at the expense of 2RF. There's a lot of rookies/cheapie options in CTW, and 2RF are more consistent reliable scorers.
*Bateman and Nikora are more valuable in CTW, I'd move them down in place of 2 of Mitchell/Bird/Blake. Nikora should be in your starting 17.
*Mitchell is priced at absolute max, and as a back will have poor scores and available a lot cheaper at some point. Better off starting a 2RF like Arrow/Burgess/Taumalolo.
*Haas is suspended, so pick another cheapie and trade him in on the bubble.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Hey mate. Lots of great picks there.
A few pointers -
*You've overspent in CTWs at the expense of 2RF. There's a lot of rookies/cheapie options in CTW, and 2RF are more consistent reliable scorers.
*Bateman and Nikora are more valuable in CTW, I'd move them down in place of 2 of Mitchell/Bird/Blake. Nikora should be in your starting 17.
*Mitchell is priced at absolute max, and as a back will have poor scores and available a lot cheaper at some point. Better off starting a 2RF like Arrow/Burgess/Taumalolo.
*Haas is suspended, so pick another cheapie and trade him in on the bubble.

Thanks heaps. I kept Haas on purpose though as apparently he is a lock to come straight back in and should have enough to cover him in the mean time. Will go about changing the rest of my team.:thumbsu:

Thanks heaps. I kept Haas on purpose though as apparently he is a lock to come straight back in and should have enough to cover him in the mean time. Will go about changing the rest of my team.:thumbsu:
You’ll find a forward that will have 4 price rises before Haas has played 2 games. You could get an extra 80-100k before getting a price rise out of Haas. I understand your logic but I’m not doing that.

If Sam Walsh was missing the first 4 games, you wouldn’t be doing that.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
You’ll find a forward that will have 4 price rises before Haas has played 2 games. You could get an extra 80-100k before getting a price rise out of Haas. I understand your logic but I’m not doing that.

If Sam Walsh was missing the first 4 games, you wouldn’t be doing that.

That's fair. Silly question but I'm assuming you can't loophole captaincy scores like AFL SC? As he could be worth keeping if looping is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back