NRL SC 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparantly A.Crichton will miss 4-5 rounds. That makes 2 guns that ive broken. Traded in Munster the round he got injured and now Crichton. Part of me wants to keep him but i also know i cant have that much money sitting on my bench.

EDIT: I'm hoping ill have just enough cash to do Maumalo > Ponga & Crichton > BMoz

Last edited:
SC 1141 (better but still below par)
Done myself out of 38pts extra by dumping Rudolf (daft really with the other option)

Had a better round in the other games

RDT i finally broke 1k by getting 1137
FANTASY first time i broke 1k also. 1032

SC 1141 (better but still below par)
Done myself out of 38pts extra by dumping Rudolf (daft really with the other option)

Had a better round in the other games

RDT i finally broke 1k by getting 1137
FANTASY first time i broke 1k also. 1032
Nice fantasy score!

looks like all updates are in

1279 looks pretty average
Angus to go and either Koro or Luai for CS9 or Munster

1359 over here. Decent yet bettered by quite a few.

Tossing up whether to go EKatoa/Su'A for Matterson and a nuff or upgrade Williams/Luai to Munster or Cleary (and downgrade someone to a nuff to make up any price difference). Guess it'll come down to BE's, whichever move doesn't happen this week likely happens next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fall 14k short of Maumalo > Ponga & A.Crichton > BMoz so ive gone to Ikuvalu instead, leaving $185.5k in the bank.

I'm liking Papalii, JFH, Klemmer or AFB next round. With Kennedy, Hammer, Kerr, E.Katoa & Rudolf all getting a game on my bench and not in my 17, i have plenty of options when it comes to cows to kill

I fall 14k short of Maumalo > Ponga & A.Crichton > BMoz so ive gone to Ikuvalu instead, leaving $185.5k in the bank.

I'm liking Papalii, JFH, Klemmer or AFB next round. With Kennedy, Hammer, Kerr, E.Katoa & Rudolf all getting a game on my bench and not in my 17, i have plenty of options when it comes to cows to kill
Did AFB get clearance to go to Qld? Manly still have another trip up there if he doesn’t.

Did AFB get clearance to go to Qld? Manly still have another trip up there if he doesn’t.
Yeah he got clearance to make the trip up

EDIT: I'll have to see if Papalii gets clearance to make the trip up too. I assume he will

Last edited:
No real carnage this week

Eels v Wests Tigers, Thursday 7.50pm at Bankwest Stadium
Eels: Mitch Moses, Blake Ferguson and Ryan Matterson are back, bumping George Jennings, Jai Field and David Gower out of the 17.
Dylan Brown (78 last week) has a three-game average of 75 although that's likely to dip with Moses back alongside him in the halves. Clint Gutherson is having a dream run with his last four scores being 62, 102, 51 and 50, after previously averaging 43.
Wests Tigers: Still no sign of Alex Twal, while Luke Garner is out with Michael Chee-Kam in the second row.
With two tries, 180 metres, five busts and a try save Luciano Leilua joined the 100 club with a monster game in Friday's big win over Brisbane. In a tryscoring bonanza Benji Marshall (77), Billy Walters (72), Garner (68), David Nofoaluma (58) and Harry Grant (53) all got across the line, but sadly for Tommy Talau owners the winger didn't get amongst the action and finished on 19.

Cowboys v Sea Eagles, Friday 6pm at Queensland Country Bank Stadium
Cowboys: Paul Green is the latest coach to exit his club this season but North Queensland have named an unchanged side. Jason Taumalolo's 54 against Penrith was his lowest score of the year, with his lowest run metre tally of the season (135), but while he's still a hold there were alarm bells for owners of Reece Robson who scored just 28 in 51 minutes.
While Robson has peaked a new Cowboys cheapie in Daejarn Asi (51) is just getting started – he played five-eighth but is available at centre in Fantasy so will be an interesting option for those looking to downgrade in Fantasy's trickiest position.
Sea Eagles: Addin Fonua-Blake returns at prop, pushing Taniela Paseka to the bench and Corey Waddell to the reserves.
Daly Cherry-Evans (79) has a three-game average of 76 and it's coincided with the absence of Tom Trbojevic; since the superstar fullback was injured a month ago DCE has had four try assists and three line breaks, after registering just one of each in the previous six rounds.
Martin Taupau (72) had his first price rise since round three, and at $615k now looks good value as a 50-point front-rower.

Broncos v Storm, Friday 7.55pm at Suncorp Stadium
Broncos: Tesi Niu (wrist), Corey Oates (leg) and Issac Luke (suspension) are out, with Anthony Milford moving to fullback and Tom Dearden into the halves. Kotoni Staggs and Herbie Farnworth return to the backline, Cory Paix starts at hooker, Tom Flegler is at prop, Tevita Pangai jnr and Joe Ofahengaue are in the second row and Tyson Gamble and Rhys Kennedy join Ben Te'o and Jamil Hopoate on the bench.
His team was embarrassed but Payne Haas held his head high again with 79 points in 80 minutes to yet again show why he's the safest captaincy option in Fantasy. Pat Carrigan (66) again got plenty of game time with 73 minutes in the middle.
Storm: Unchanged. Cameron Smith (85) has still got it while Cameron Munster (52) needed a try against the Titans to reach the half century. Ryan Papenhuyzen (32) had one of his quiet games despite Melbourne enjoying a big win, while Tino Faasuamaleaui has back-to-back scores over 40 for the first time this season.

Warriors v Roosters, Saturday 3pm at Central Coast Stadium
Warriors: Jazz Tevaga and Eliesa Katoa are back in the starting side in the back row, Adam Pompey replaces Patrick Herbert at centre and Lachlan Burr replaces Agnatius Paasi on the bench.
Tevaga (68) racked up the points in a 48-minute stint against the Sharks, coinciding with Tohu Harris's (49) worst score since the resumption in round three. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (42) has a three-game average of 58, but he still has just one score above 50 this season.
Roosters: Isaac Liu starts at lock with Nat Butcher returning from a ribs injury on the bench, while Mitchell Aubusson replaces the injured Angus Crichton (knee) in the second row. Lindsay Collins goes back to the interchange.
James Tedesco (62) was once again the Roosters' best in last week's loss to Canberra but those who gambled on him as captain over Payne Haas cost themselves 20 points.

Sharks v Dragons, Saturday 5.30pm at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
Sharks: Siosifa Talakai replaces the suspended Briton Nikora in the second row and Toby Rudolf is again named to start with Scott Sorensen out of the side. Teig Wilton and Jack Williams join the bench.
Blayke Braley (35) has reached his peak price and is a sell, Toby Rudolf (48) gave his price increases a little kick along with another strong score – despite shifting from a starting role to the bench again before kick-off – while Shaun Johnson (59) scored well despite having only 88 kick metres against the Warriors, easily his lowest output of the season (he had 345 the week before).
Dragons: Tyrell Fuimaono starts for the suspended Tariq Sims with Jacob Host joining the bench. Ben Hunt has scored 76 and 73 in his two starting appearances at hooker, scoring more than 60 points through tackles and kick metres alone in both rounds. With a price tag of $691k and a break even under 30 he's still good value.
Cameron McInnes (60) played the full 80 against the Bulldogs after some rare time on the bench the previous week, while Zac Lomax (48) had a try assist and a line break to keep his stunning run of consistent scores going at centre.

Raiders v Rabbitohs, Saturday 7.35pm at GIO Stadium
Raiders: Semi Valemei replaces Michael Oldfield in the starting backline and Harley Smith-Shields joins the interchange. John Bateman is some chance of making his long-awaited return after being named in the reserves.
Tom Starling (48) and Siliva Havili (45) both made promising starts replacing Josh Hodgson at hooker, playing around 50 minutes each against the Roosters with Havili spending time as a middle forward in the second half.
Hudson Young (32) hasn't kicked on as a moneymaker yet. Rookie Kai O'Donnell (25) has started at lock twice but has come off before the half hour mark on both occasions and didn't return. Josh Papalii (61) has a three-game average of just under 59 after scoring the match-winning try against the Roosters last week.
Rabbitohs: With season-ending injuries to Ethan Lowe (neck) and James Roberts (pectoral), Bailey Sironen ($296k) gets a start in the second row with Campbell Graham returning in the centres. Sironen has been a busy scorer this year so could produce big numbers even if he plays 65 minutes a game. Jack Johns also joins the interchange.
Damien Cook (95) scored two tries and almost carried Souths to an unlikely win over the Knights last week. He's averaged 78 points in his past five games and hasn't scored below 60 since the season resumed.

Knights v Bulldogs, Sunday 2pm at McDonald Jones Stadium
Knights: Unchanged. Backline stars Kalyn Ponga (80) and Bradman Best (58) bounced back from quiet recent games with strong showings against the Rabbitohs, and with seven of Newcastle's final 10 games being against bottom-eight opponents they should get more chances to shine in the run home.
Mitchell Pearce (53) remains a strong second-tier keeper in the halves with an average in the 50s and a price tag under $700k, while Sione Mata'utia looks a sell after scores of 24 and 10 off the bench.
Bulldogs: Brandon Wakeham replaces Sauaso Sue on a light-looking interchange. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (65) has had his recent scores boosted by tries in two of his past three games, Luke Thompson (42) has looked good in his first two NRL appearances but hasn't posted a big score yet.

Titans v Panthers, Sunday 4.05pm at Cbus Super Stadium
Titans: Bad news for Beau Fermor owners with Kevin Proctor's return bumping the rookie forward out of the 21 altogether, while Dale Copley returns in the centres with Treymain Spry dropping out of the backline.
Jai Arrow (42) delivered an underwhelming score by his standards but he was still the Gold Coast's best against Melbourne, with Mo Fotuaika (30) and Jamal Fogarty (23) well down on their usual output.
Panthers: Apisai Koroisau is a surprise exclusion this week due to an elbow injury with Mitch Kenny starting at hooker. Dylan Edwards (hamstring) and Dean Whare (leg) are also out with Caleb Aekins at fullback and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak on the wing.
Nathan Cleary (106) produced the third Fantasy century of his career against the Cowboys, while Stephen Crichton (56), Isaah Yeo (63) and James Fisher-Harris (80) also had big games. Jarome Luai (40) is climbing towards $250k in price rises this season but is getting close to his peak price if you've got an upgrade in mind.

Hard decision for me this week is whether to play Maumalo v Roosters, Kennedy v STG or Hammer v Manly. At the moment ive gone with Kennedy given how he looked good against the Warriors, albeit the opposition wasnt very tough. Hammer is probably my third option but i feel he could have a pretty big ceiling. Maumalo actually looked good last round too but the Warriors blew one or 2 opportunities for him to score. 1 in particular was a real (fantasy) coach killer. I think Maumalo will really earn his points this week and on the Warriors form, i think ill bench him. Mentally he may check out this week anyway, before heading home.

EDIT: I think ive talked myself into Kennedy. He seems a pretty safe option, maybe he doesnt have the ceiling of the others, but i think he should be good for a 40-70 type score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back