NRL SC 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you mentioned Harry Grant. If he does end up playing for Tigers and starting in round 1 he will be very popular. If that is the case i may well go into round 1 with Grant and Brailey as super cheap hookers and upgrade my side elsewhere
I’ve got Mbye in my team at the moment thinking he’ll be starting hooker. Although Grant is supposedly the best player in the QRL.

So who are the cows to look out for? For arguments sake lets just say anyone under 300k is a cow but if they are above 250k ill separate them from the rest and label them as being a 'high priced cow'. I do realise that this will not be an entirely useful exercise yet as most cows will present themselves between now and the start of the season but i guess im just 'taking stock' at the moment. Hopefully this will generate a bit of discussion and it would be good to see how many cows we are looking at starting on the field, in our 17 and finally how many are warming the bench.

Cows under 250k

Brailey - is technically a cow because of his price but will score well above his price point
Magoulias - seems a certainty
Best - should play
Grant - bit of a wait and see but should play
Leleisiuao - maybe
Hola - probably starts off the bench
Sailor - maybe
T.Milne - may have a chance with Warriors
Talau - may play How the Tigers backs line up will be interesting
V.Leuluai - maybe off the bench?
Moga - Not sure
Kerr - May get limited minutes
Stockwell - Bench role?
Coates - may force his way into the Broncos lineup but i doubt he starts the season

Cows 250-300k - 'High priced cows'

Molo - comes in at just under 300k. Plays
Luai - will play
Mann - plays if fit
Flegler - plays but off the bench
Clark - may come off the bench
Wakeham - should play but not a certainty
Egan - may play with Warriors injuries. Just under 300k

Injured cows (downgrade options?)

Crossland
A.Hopoate
Hipgrave

My current cows:

Brailey, Grant, Luai, Magoulias, Best, T.Milne, Leleisiuao, Leuluai, Sailor, J.Anderson

3 in my 13 (Brailey, Best, Milne)
0 off the bench between 14-17
7 between 18 and 25 (Magoulias, Grant, Luai, Sailor, Anderson, Leleisiuao, Leuluai)

My current thinking is that one of Talau or Grant starts from the bench.
Cant see us lining up with our captain Mbye starting on the bench.
He’ll either be centre or hooker.

My current thinking is that one of Talau or Grant starts from the bench.
Cant see us lining up with our captain Mbye starting on the bench.
He’ll either be centre or hooker.
Yeah Mbye surely starts. I would think Grant gets that spot ahead of Talau as he is a genuine hooker but maybe they throw a curveball haha

Think ive settled on this now. Dropped Grant and Su'A and added some gun forwards. I'm not entirely happy with my Wings/Centres but it'll do for now

View attachment 822612
The Sharks have two Jack Williams on their list. I think you have the one who is a long way from starting (Jack A. Williams). The Jack Williams who is likely to start is a $397k 2RF.

Apologies if I'm wrong and you've actually meant to pick that one or if there is mail that he is close to a start.

The Sharks have two Jack Williams on their list. I think you have the one who is a long way from starting (Jack A. Williams). The Jack Williams who is likely to start is a $397k 2RF.

Apologies if I'm wrong and you've actually meant to pick that one or if there is mail that he is close to a start.

Yeah I do know there are 2 Jack Williams' (i have the 2rf Jack Williams in my 'NRL Fantasy' team) and i know i chose the one who is unlikely to play, essentially as a throwaway cheapie. Nevertheless, i do appreciate you trying to help me out :)

Anyone keen to join up for a BF Classic league
League code : 714465

Anyone keen to join up for a BF Classic league
League code : 714465
Joined. Tom's Terminators

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at my team there are 8 players that have not left my team since it opened. A few of these 8 were not in my very first team that i selected with team picker but that was obviously prior to SC opening. These players are: Brailey, Haas, Klemmer, Taumololo, Luai, Lomax, Papy & Edwards

Id like to hear opinions on who among those 8 should not be a lock. I suspect Edwards will be the obvious option to criticise but I'm keen to go with him as a POD. Last season, once he made his way back into the team after being dropped he absolutely lit it up. On the other hand, he was an absolute liability for the first part of the season. So much so that i dont even think his crap scores came close to truly reflecting how shithouse he was. So yes, he was the ultimate jekyll and hyde pick. I selected him last season too :$ and got burned as i couldn't keep him through the s**t weeks to reap the benefits of his end to the season. No doubt he has talent but its consistency that he needs, and im hoping that he is consistently good, not crap :thumbsu:.

So besides Edwards, are any of the other 7 poor/sub-par selections? I'd like to hear someone play devils advocate as it would be quite refreshing. Also, it would be good to hear about the 'locks' that ive missed. Obviously i have 17 other players in my team so there is a chance that whoever is mentioned as a lock may have made themselves into my team anyway but some other opinions would be most welcome!

Looking at my team there are 8 players that have not left my team since it opened. A few of these 8 were not in my very first team that i selected with team picker but that was obviously prior to SC opening. These players are: Brailey, Haas, Klemmer, Taumololo, Luai, Lomax, Papy & Edwards

Id like to hear opinions on who among those 8 should not be a lock. I suspect Edwards will be the obvious option to criticise but I'm keen to go with him as a POD. Last season, once he made his way back into the team after being dropped he absolutely lit it up. On the other hand, he was an absolute liability for the first part of the season. So much so that i dont even think his crap scores came close to truly reflecting how shithouse he was. So yes, he was the ultimate jekyll and hyde pick. I selected him last season too :$ and got burned as i couldn't keep him through the s**t weeks to reap the benefits of his end to the season. No doubt he has talent but its consistency that he needs, and im hoping that he is consistently good, not crap :thumbsu:.

So besides Edwards, are any of the other 7 poor/sub-par selections? I'd like to hear someone play devils advocate as it would be quite refreshing. Also, it would be good to hear about the 'locks' that ive missed. Obviously i have 17 other players in my team so there is a chance that whoever is mentioned as a lock may have made themselves into my team anyway but some other opinions would be most welcome!
Of those other 7, only klemm hasn’t always been in my team. But I’ve always had Fifita and Holmes as well.

edit: add Moses as well.

Of those other 7, only klemm hasn’t always been in my team. But I’ve always had Fifita and Holmes as well.

I really wish the Wings/centres and fullbacks positions were swapped. Id easily fit 7 FBs into my team and would love to pick only 2 centres/wings. Holmes has not made it into my team obviously because ive locked in Papy and Edwards but he would probably be my 3rd pick. Definite value. I assume Fifita is D.Fifita given A.Fifita's injury woes? He looks like a great option too and has spent a fair bit of time in my team but i dropped him to someone cheaper in order to fix up my backs.

Wanted to start McInnes as a 2RF but with the injury in the nines, looks like I’ve got to go somewhere else now.
Yeah, i had him in my team for a little while as i think he is super reliable and has a bit of upside but for one reason or another (apart from his injury) i am more keen on seeing what Matterson can do at the Eels. I think Matto could absolutely explode or it could go the other way too so risk/reward style. That said, at the Tiges he had the game to score reasonably even when he wasnt at his best or wasnt getting those attacking points so hopefully he wont fall too far if worst comes to worst. If i could find a decent upgrade to do id consider dropping Matto to D.Fifita but at the moment im happy with team balance so Matto stays

Jeez, thats rough. Any interest in Merrin? Awkward price i know but maybe he relishes being back in the NRL?
Been burnt by him a couple of times. In my never again basket.

Liam knight is a huge watch
Will watch charity match next week with him and Su’a very carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back