NRL [NRL] SC 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely an option! I dont know too much about rookies though at the moment. As always preseason games will be the best indicator.
Yeah, I had a look at the AFLSC team picker, but can't do much for NRL as you have to spend more on rookies, so I'll probably wait until February or something

Yeah, I had a look at the AFLSC team picker, but can't do much for NRL as you have to spend more on rookies, so I'll probably wait until February or something
You are spot on about having to spend more on cows so its probably smart to wait. I'll try to control myself and avoid looking at it too much until at least next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given its the new year and NRL Fantasy is open i decided to have a go at putting together a team.

The hooker position is probably what im least happy with but i cant seem to find a better combination of 2 hookers than what ive got now. I wanted Cook but i dont think i can fit him in without significantly weakening another position. If given 80 minutes or close to, i think Cotter will be great and Starling probably wont play close to 80 but he loves getting involved so makes the most of his time on the park.

For middle forwards Haas is a very safe pick and i picked Ese'ese and G.Burgess mainly on reputation because the cheapies arent obvious yet. I like my combination of edge forwards with Fifita/Capewell & Blore/Davey on the bench. Tago can even fill in there if injuries occur.

Cleary and Burton pick themselves. Burton will be the man at the dogs and should get plenty of kicking metres to go with the way he sets up others and has a nose for the line too. The fact he is also a centre, just seels the deal.

Centres are cheap but i will eventually move Burton to that position. Given im playing Crichton and Suaalii in the WFB position and they can cover the centres, gives me massive flexibility as i can work out which combination works best. Essentially having 5 players that can fill the 2 centre spots is great.

Moving onto WFBs, Im bullish on Papi and Crichton and am picking Suaalii on reputation.

Looking at my bench, i love watching CHT play. He struggled with injuries last season but i think just based on talent, he is value. Talent doesnt always translate to great performances on field, neither fantasy but im happy to give him a go again based on the fact that i think he has decent upside.

If given the role/minutes Blore looks like a very good cash cow and could be one of the bargains of the season. There may be a little uncertainty regarding his role though? At the cheap price, he is a good option for now, but will have to check a few boxes before the season starts.

Moale i know very little about but he may get some minutes and at 220k he hopefully makes some cash. Davey and Ramsey should play. Dont think they will score particularly heavily but at this early stage, they are valuable depth. Moeroa could make a stack of cash too if he is selected. Ilias should get games and could score well given his position.

Anyway, it will definitely change heaps prior to the commencement of the season but right now im happy with it. I have emphasised cover on every line and tried to pick a well balanced side. Ive skimped on middle forwards so im just hoping who ive got there can do a job and/or other cheapies emerge before the season starts.

Just over 2 months left, im already excited! Hoping desperately that Covid doesnt interfere with the season too much but hey thats outside of my control so no use worrying about it i guess,

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 10.43.48 am.png

Had another go at a SC team. Really happy with it. I feel like it is strong on all lines but for CTW and 5/8s. In my experience its always better to start with cheaper CTWs and then strengthen other areas which is what ive done. Hopefully one of Lam/CHT/Ilias actually scores well. There are 6 guns that will very likely remain in my team and they are McInnes, Haas, Lolo, Cleary, Staggs & Turbo. Papi is just about a lock too. The rest of my team will be built around those players.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 12.13.09 pm.png

Perhaps my tiger bias is working but I think Utoikamanu is better value than Haas and Hastings will be playing a more prominent rule at 6.

Perhaps my tiger bias is working but I think Utoikamanu is better value than Haas and Hastings will be playing a more prominent rule at 6.
I want to get Utoikamanu but not sure who to drop.

EDIT: A little more tweaking and ive come up with this

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 12.37.53 pm.png

Last edited:
Had another play around this morning. Decided to go with the more expensive FrFs and cheap Centres/Wings. I have mostly avoided relying on rookies/cows in my starting 13.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 12.38.01 pm.png

EDIT: Made some changes to my Fantasy side too. Pretty vanilla, liking it though

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.33.56 pm.png

Last edited:
Not sure if my team picker side will be saved when it opens on Wednesday (or just after?) so ill post my side here as a reminder. Im tempted to downgrade Cleary actually given his injury but the problem is not many other halves jump out at me so he stays for the time being

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 2.02.24 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back