Portfolio NSL '99 - Design Project - 16/16 TEAMS COMPLETE

Remove this Banner Ad

Glory with the big soccer ball for the O is really cool

the 90s for perth-based sporting franchises was just so good visually, it really did shape my love for sports design.

That Glory design brought me tears of joy...

BUT! One thing!
Please give us a version with the Chicken Treat logo on the home...
PLEASE!!! :D:D:D

chicken-treat.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 442454

PERTH GLORY

I'm not going to lie - designing this actually made me sad. Why? Because holy s**t this would have been a GOAT design for the Glory (I really like my design here, okay?!), and now it may never be. I think this design screams Perth Glory, and screams for the glory days.

Also, credit to Bacon Warrior for making this Glory logo for me long ago. <3

That would look awesome done up in real life. I strongly suggest you make it happen.

i mean like i have people who could actually get this made up.
You could get that knocked up and smatter a few of them around at home games and create a great Mandela effect where people would swear on their life they could remember Bobby Despotovski running around in it. Fauxback done right.

You could get that knocked up and smatter a few of them around at home games and create a great Mandela effect where people would swear on their life they could remember Bobby Despotovski running around in it. Fauxback done right.
Definitely needs the Chicken Treat logo for this to work

South Melbourne.png

SOUTH MELBOURNE

True blue for the soon-to-be Oceanic Team of the Century - incorporating the two-stripe design seen in the logo into their kits for this season.​

Sydney Olympic.png

SYDNEY OLYMPIC

Couldn't resist with that logo but to throw in the Opera House/Centrepoint graphic front and centre on the kit. Featuring everyone's favourite 90's design features - gradients and drop shadows!​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney United.png

SYDNEY UNITED

honestly melbourne knights was my big "THIS IZ CROAAATTIIAAA" so enjoy an arsenal design with the checkers as a watermark.​

Wollongong.png

WOLLONGONG WOLVES

Always loved two design ideas for the Wolves - a chevron, and using black as the primary colour instead of red, which is where I've gone with this design, whilst still keeping true to the red as a major focal point through both kits.​

...and we're finally done!

This has probably been one of my favourite ever portfolios that I've done, so thanks everyone for following along and throwing some likes my way etc. Think I need a bit of a break 'folio-wise after this one though, I'm fresh out of 90s designs for the time being. Although this being said, it brings me to FLO for next season.

Thinking of instead of having FLO with a home and away kit for the next season, I may run it as a total throwback competition. Everyone will design an 80's/90's kit, with a contrasting 70's and prior kit. I'd love to know people's thoughts on the matter. :)

View attachment 442454

PERTH GLORY

I'm not going to lie - designing this actually made me sad. Why? Because holy s**t this would have been a GOAT design for the Glory (I really like my design here, okay?!), and now it may never be. I think this design screams Perth Glory, and screams for the glory days.

Also, credit to Bacon Warrior for making this Glory logo for me long ago. <3

It's such a joke the Glory have decided to eradicate orange. I just don't get it. If anything it would make more sense now considering they dedicated to purple and white just as the Dockers did. The orange is bonafide iconic. You don't even have to continually play with the starbust effect, but just simple templates with orange would automatically make a cooler strip than any purple-and-white outfit from Macron. One of the weirder decisions. It's almost like a quasi-rebrand, whereas I can see why Brisbane Roar or even Sydney FC wanted to concentrate on just two main colours. Shits me to no end.

Other comments in general:

– Chicken Treat logo on the socks
– The Glory need to utilise the soccer ball O, and a proper 90s looking soccer ball, for the next rebrand. Embrace the wordmark
– Parramatta Power had a great logo. The hands interlocking, the industrial shapes, it worked well with the name and colours
– Sydney Olympic is a great name, such a shame Sydney FC couldn't use it. I understand it is Greek, Greece, Olympics, Sydney Olympic... but to create a club celebrating the fact your city has hosted the olympics is just a cool thing. It is a way better name than a generic 'United' or a cringey 'Fury' because it's not trying too hard to be classic nor is it franchised sounding
– Wollongong Wolves in red and black is just really really boring to me. I dunno. Didn't they wear white in that iconic Grand Final anyway? I would like to see them come into the A-League in a lighter, more red skin pink. Bold yes, but way more individual and it'd stand out. A light reddish/pink colour could look crackin'.

– Sydney Olympic is a great name, such a shame Sydney FC couldn't use it. I understand it is Greek, Greece, Olympics, Sydney Olympic... but to create a club celebrating the fact your city has hosted the olympics is just a cool thing. It is a way better name than a generic 'United' or a cringey 'Fury' because it's not trying too hard to be classic nor is it franchised sounding
What's even cooler is that they chose that name all the way back in 1977 and got their prediction right in 1993.

One thing I will never understand is why is it that most soccer tops look quite good but ODI/T20 shirts are vomit inducing.
Maybe there is more history behind them but they are basically the same shirt.
Australia has not had a good looking ODI shirt since the early 90s and don't get me started on the Big Bash.
Freight Train, you should send some of those designs to CA or even Asics. If you slightly tweak that Wolves shirt (maybe inverse it) it would be a superb Renegades top.
My apologies if I'm off topic.

– Sydney Olympic is a great name, such a shame Sydney FC couldn't use it. I understand it is Greek, Greece, Olympics, Sydney Olympic... but to create a club celebrating the fact your city has hosted the olympics is just a cool thing.
I never realised that Sydney Olympic was Greek inspired until it was pointed out to me. I always thought it was based on Sydney Olympic Park where (I thought) they played

Remove this Banner Ad

Back