NSW Bushfires

Remove this Banner Ad

The tooth fairy may also believe that.

Do we really have to revisit the subject of things that science reached genralised consensus on and were wrong?

I also thought you were smart enough to understand the difference between a (near) consensus that temperature is rising, and the greenhouse effect is the primary driver; and the plethora of wild arsed "predictions" of what will happen next.

Science is not unanimous on these. You just don't hear about any argument.

Try looking up the BBCs announcement on reporting climate change. That one of the most powerful media organisations in the world has forbidden it's staff from airing contrary views on ANYTHING climate science related. So long as anyone says anything that begins "climate change will cause" the Beeb refuses to allow any argument. They call it "false balanced reporting".

I hear they ban flat earth evidence too.

How predictably simplistic of you. Try to pay attention.

I'm quite entitled to pick and chose my science, without being guilty of a double standard.

I have been completely open about the danger of blindly trusting science because it is so often wrong. Of course I make my own judgement on how much weight to give the claims of scientists. Most particularly when they contradict each other. Or are you suggesting that a reasonable person should do otherwise in that situation?

However.

Those who have been endlessly parroting how science knows the answer and this is it - well being confronted with two outcomes of science that are so far in conflict that one of them MUST be wrong is a bit of a disaster.

When that happens, you're fu** ed. Because the entire foundation on which you build your pompous certainty has been taken away.

Even worse, it exposes you as being both stupid and lazy. Too stupid to recognise the traps of blind faith, and too lazy to get off your arse and have a snoop around yourself.

Come out of your cave you Neanderthal.

What if you climate change deniers are wrong? It doesn't matter though, does it...because you won't be here to see the ramifications of inaction.

Selfish, pathetic human beings.

Greenland is losing ice seven times faster than it was in the 1990s.

The assessment comes from an international team of polar scientists who've reviewed all the satellite observations over a 26-year period.

They say Greenland's contribution to sea-level rise is currently tracking what had been regarded as a pessimistic projection of the future.

Sometimes life is scripted perfectly

Today, Scott Morrison got stuck in a building for half an hour because the bushfire smoke set off the alarms. As 9 News is reporting, Morrison got stuck on the 20th floor of the Federal Government’s Sydney office for 30 minutes after giving a speech on the Coalition’s new religious discrimination bill, because the smoke triggered alarms that shut down the lifts and deployed a bunch of roller doors. The prime minister was trapped inside the building until fire crews arrived to switch off the alarm, departing shortly after.

Or file under evidence of ABC lefty bias before going to Facey for the latest memes.

I'm blaming 'climate change' for everything now:

Trouble sleeping - climate change
Forgot to lodge a tax return - climate change
Late for work - climate change
Missed deadline - climate change
Forgot to buy milk and bread on the way home - climate change
Ran into the back of another car - climate change
Forgot wife's birthday - climate change
Hawks not winning a final since 2015 - climate change

I blame the hawks for climate change. They own a tip and have benefited from landfill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mass extinctions - normal cycle of the earth

OK, boomer.

Ahh Scotty from marketing ‘ey.
Boy oh boy does Scotty love nothing more than a good marketing catchcry, he’s had some doozies in his time, in between taking “empathy lessons” that is.
Remember this one.....?

Who says he isn’t a happy clapping little ape man of his promises, yep, the eastern seaboard thanks you little chubby fingers Scotty boi.

Now the ground is bone dry for thousands of kilometers, and all the fires will probably spread exponentially and interlink. Creating one big dose of epic karma

Flogstradamas tag please mods

Flogstradamas tag please mods
Nah this is totally normal weather for this time of year and hasn't been impacted at all by climate change or anything humans have done to the local ecosystem by removing water, levelling bushland, etc. Lefty flog. I bet you also love quinoa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back