NSW Covid outbreak

Remove this Banner Ad

a joke that it takes the second (or is it the third) corruption investigation for this to happen. does resigning taker her out of the sights of the icac or can they still prosecute her?

mind you after they didnt last time, they probably wouldnt even prosecute her even with footage of her strangling babies.

ICAC doesnt prosecute. They make findings. The DPP then decides whether to lay charges. Usually its against public officials and involves them resigning from office. Prosecutions are a lot rarer. The fact that she resigned her seat (I assume) means she must think there is a chance she will be prosecuted. Certainly the boyfriend will be.

shocked I tell you
But fmd had Nsw ,sydney in particular done the hard yards then we may not copped another 8 ? Weeks of tough lockdown

The NSW government imposed harsh lockdown restrictions on the poorest areas of Sydney’s west and south-west despite Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant advising that the rules should be implemented consistently across Greater Sydney.

Emails sent between health officials and Health Minister Brad Hazzard in mid-August have revealed Dr Chant recommended that “consistent measures” be implemented across all of Sydney.
Despite the health advice, the extended lockdown left 12 local government areas under restrictions that were far tougher than other parts of Sydney, outraging community leaders who declared the handling of the Delta outbreak had left the city divided.

“Implement consistent measures across greater metropolitan Sydney with outdoor masks, consistent 5km rule and authorised workers only,” Dr Chant wrote in the email of recommendations on August 14.
According to the internal correspondence, Dr Chant recommended in July that NSW adopt restrictions equivalent to the strict “stage 4″ approach adopted in Victoria’s 2020 lockdown. They included five-kilometre travel limits, masks in all indoor and outdoor settings, the closure of retail and a curfew of 8pm.

“Dear Minister, In summary, recommend stage 4 restriction approach outlined in Victoria with the exception of permitting takeaway food,” Dr Chant wrote in the July 13 email.

The email followed modelling produced by the Burnet Institute for the government one day prior, which concluded Victoria’s stage 4 settings offered NSW the best chance of containing a Delta variant outbreak.

While some of the stricter measures were introduced one week later, some took far longer to be implemented.

shocked I tell you
But fmd had Nsw ,sydney in particular done the hard yards then we may not copped another 8 ? Weeks of tough lockdown

The NSW government imposed harsh lockdown restrictions on the poorest areas of Sydney’s west and south-west despite Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant advising that the rules should be implemented consistently across Greater Sydney.

Emails sent between health officials and Health Minister Brad Hazzard in mid-August have revealed Dr Chant recommended that “consistent measures” be implemented across all of Sydney.
Despite the health advice, the extended lockdown left 12 local government areas under restrictions that were far tougher than other parts of Sydney, outraging community leaders who declared the handling of the Delta outbreak had left the city divided.

“Implement consistent measures across greater metropolitan Sydney with outdoor masks, consistent 5km rule and authorised workers only,” Dr Chant wrote in the email of recommendations on August 14.
According to the internal correspondence, Dr Chant recommended in July that NSW adopt restrictions equivalent to the strict “stage 4″ approach adopted in Victoria’s 2020 lockdown. They included five-kilometre travel limits, masks in all indoor and outdoor settings, the closure of retail and a curfew of 8pm.

“Dear Minister, In summary, recommend stage 4 restriction approach outlined in Victoria with the exception of permitting takeaway food,” Dr Chant wrote in the July 13 email.

The email followed modelling produced by the Burnet Institute for the government one day prior, which concluded Victoria’s stage 4 settings offered NSW the best chance of containing a Delta variant outbreak.

While some of the stricter measures were introduced one week later, some took far longer to be implemented.

b2e0d38f-46c9-416e-81fa-663bb25956d6_3121448322932673.gif

" shoo, shoo " We follow the health advice 🤣

It's a significant fu** up.

Could not care less really, it's in the past. Honestly if it got more people vaccinated I don't care how we went getting there. Now we are basically at a new norm really don't care what happened months ago, it's in the past and I won't hold it against a party when voting for or against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not care less really, it's in the past. Honestly if it got more people vaccinated I don't care how we went getting there. Now we are basically at a new norm really don't care what happened months ago, it's in the past and I won't hold it against a party when voting for or against them.
There is over 1000 ppl getting positive covid tests in victoria today .
Why ?
Because if Gladys had taken the medical advice and not target sw sydney rather target sydney, covid may not had got to country nsw and victoria.

Secondly the fed government directed vaccines to nsw that were intended for Victoria and other states. No wonder the feds were making deals with other countries trying to get more vaccines , supply them to victoria that missed out.

For me, personally, I feel much the same.

For the feral masses desperate to blame someone though - I think they've found a decent target.

As for holding it against a political party, I look to the future when I vote, not the past. Of course the past can be a strong guide the future - but I don't like the concept of punishing someone or a party.

In some cases, ******* up will ensure the same mistake isn't made again. And the logic around voting someone out, without being confident that the incoming will actually be better, is just really weird IMO. Lacks logic.

There is over 1000 ppl getting positive covid tests in victoria today .
Why ?
Because if Gladys had taken the medical advice and not target sw sydney rather target sydney, covid may not had got to country nsw and victoria.

Secondly the fed government directed vaccines to nsw that were intended for Victoria and other states. No wonder the feds were making deals with other countries trying to get more vaccines , supply them to victoria that missed out.

Yeah and that just delays the inevitable you should be thankful it got out as Dan abandoned the silly COVID zero thing he had going. Instead like NSW it’s a “learn to live with it policy”. Numbers are numbers too we are past caring what the number is- instead it is about hospitalisations that’s it.

Yeah and that just delays the inevitable you should be thankful it got out as Dan abandoned the silly COVID zero thing he had going. Instead like NSW it’s a “learn to live with it policy”. Numbers are numbers too we are past caring what the number is- instead it is about hospitalisations that’s it.
I don't agree with that.

I'd have preferred 10-12 weeks of COVID 0 whilst we waited for 80% vax'd, instead of 8 weeks of lockdown!

I don't agree with that.

I'd have preferred 10-12 weeks of COVID 0 whilst we waited for 80% vax'd, instead of 8 weeks of lockdown!

Was always going to get out you can’t control every variant despite what WA think.

NSW and Victoria have shown the way. Both are heading towards 90% and above with some areas 95% that’s great news.

Was always going to get out you can’t control every variant despite what WA think.

NSW and Victoria have shown the way. Both are heading towards 90% and above with some areas 95% that’s great news.
There's definitely a case for that point.

However Tassie, Queensland, WA and SA have done it. So there's a case against too.

except that it was being controlled by all states until nsw decided they didnt want to take it seriously.

vic got delta down to 0 until a couple of nsw based removalists decided they didnt need to follow covid protocols.

except that it was being controlled by all states until nsw decided they didnt want to take it seriously.

vic got delta down to 0 until a couple of nsw based removalists decided they didnt need to follow covid protocols.

Meh it was always going to get out living in a little bubble is all well and good but that’s not the end route. Needs to be a way out and as harsh as it seems we needed this outbreak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back