NSW Covid outbreak

Remove this Banner Ad

30 new cases in the entire state from 28 000 tests. This isn't the Doomsday scenario the media and premiers are trying to make it out to be.

It's not good, don't get me wrong, but the trend so far suggests this could be another South Australia and not another Victoria.

All it's done so far is once again ruin the way of life for those of us living in border towns.

30 new cases in the entire state from 28 000 tests. This isn't the Doomsday scenario the media and premiers are trying to make it out to be.

It's growing exponentially. There needs to be a hard lockdown in place for the next two weeks until it's completely under control. Can't trust people to do the right thing unfortunately.

It's growing exponentially. There needs to be a hard lockdown in place for the next two weeks until it's completely under control. Can't trust people to do the right thing unfortunately.

Majority of confirmed new cases are located in one region which is currently locked down. Most from known source.
It's not dire. More isolated lockdowns are possibly necessary but hopefully common sense prevails and regional centres are spared the pain. Currently it makes sense. Hoping for no over reactions at this time of year.

The South Australian incident can be looked at with hopeful eyes from those in the NSW red zones. Not every outbreak will be Victoria.

In saying that, just hoping for stagnated numbers tomorrow at worst.

Majority of confirmed new cases are located in one region which is currently locked down. Most from known source.
It's not dire. More isolated lockdowns are possibly necessary but hopefully common sense prevails and regional centres are spared the pain. Currently it makes sense. Hoping for no over reactions at this time of year.

The South Australian incident can be looked at with hopeful eyes from those in the NSW red zones. Not every outbreak will be Victoria.

In saying that, just hoping for stagnated numbers tomorrow at worst.

People in Avalon don't leave their suburb?

It's not good, don't get me wrong, but the trend so far suggests this could be another South Australia and not another Victoria.

All it's done so far is once again ruin the way of life for those of us living in border towns.

“Ruin the way of life” Can’t be having that.

“Ruin the way of life” Can’t be having that.

Hold up. I specified the regional areas that are untouched by the virus.

Victoria had excellent results from their life lockdown. No question. But should border towns 4 hours away from the city with zero cases for months have been subjected to the same industry closure and mask wearing laws? Should people have been made to wait hours in traffic to drive 4km to important medical appointments?

Victoria had excellent results from their life lockdown. No question. But should border towns 4 hours away from the city with zero cases for months have been subjected to the same industry closure and mask wearing laws? Should people have been made to wait hours in traffic to drive 4km to important medical appointments?
A lot have had Medical conditions that are important and a lot have had surgeries cancelled time and time again

Yes, if deemed advisable by experts.

Yes, if deemed advisable by experts.

Did you know that a population of 100 000 people only has a maternity ward on one side of the border? Today it took upwards of 90 minutes to cross into Victoria. I don't want to know the potential outcomes if a pregnant woman goes into premature labour and needs to rush across the river.

I'm all for masks when required. I'm all for lockdowns when required. Not a non-believer in Covid and not campaigning that our freedoms are being infringed upon. However the border closures NEVER should affect the border towns like they have. More due diligence needed to be done to prevent cross-border communities from being affected when we have pretty much avoided any Covid contact since the beginning almost 12 months ago.

There should be a hard lockdown for 3 - 4 weeks in the start. There's no benefit of doing that now. It has been spread all over the population now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel sorry for the people of NSW who are going to have to go through extended periods of weird/confusing rules just because berejiklian wants to sltake the easy way out for political purposes.

By the time NSW has this under control sometime mid next year I'd be interested in seeing the economic difference between Vic's relatively short hard lockdown and NSW's ongoing minor restrictions.

Feel sorry for the people of NSW who are going to have to go through extended periods of weird/confusing rules just because berejiklian wants to sltake the easy way out for political purposes.

By the time NSW has this under control sometime mid next year I'd be interested in seeing the economic difference between Vic's relatively short hard lockdown and NSW's ongoing minor restrictions.
Victoria relative short lock down???
Nearly 3 months! That's is not short time. For all of Melbourne to be locked down.

Victoria relative short lock down???
Nearly 3 months! That's is not short time. For all of Melbourne to be locked down.
Relative compared to NSW ongoing 'restrictions'.

To put it in perspective, Vic has now had 0 local cases for nearly as long as the lockdown period. NSW are still implementing 'restrictions'

Question....

Do you think all states would have done a hard lockdown like Victoria, on day one if they knew it would actually eradicate COVID?

I recall comments from the PM and others stating that a hard lockdown wasn't feasible and was largely pointless as the virus couldn't actually be eradicated.

But they were obviously wrong in hindsight. So do you think they, and other nations would have done it had they known how effective it would be?

Question....

Do you think all states would have done a hard lockdown like Victoria, on day one if they knew it would actually eradicate COVID?

I recall comments from the PM and others stating that a hard lockdown wasn't feasible and was largely pointless as the virus couldn't actually be eradicated.

But they were obviously wrong in hindsight. So do you think they, and other nations would have done it had they known how effective it would be?
No. Because in the end some state and the feds are still liberals, and a hard lockdown costs more money in the short term

It underlines just how difficult it is to even comprehend never mind control once it gets out.

and how easy it is for it to ‘get out’ in an otherwise watertight quarantine operation

The problem in Victoria now is we aren’t really getting ‘reward’ for our earlier efforts. Some things are still months away

Great, now it's back in Melbourne because NSW and their stupid populist gov won't take it seriously.

We should have done like wa and just closed the borders until they look like they're even going to take it half seriously.

fu** you nsw

This is an interesting discussion point to look at, do you go hard and lock everything up for a short period ( eg. WA ), or do you try to keep most things running ( eg. placate business’s, NSW / Vic ) ?. We may not have a definitive answer for another 12 months, when hopefully Aus has this virus more controlled.

Can be damned if you do, damned if you don’t, at times. Well supported ( health, economic, education officials ) stubborn leadership may be the way to go. Needs more ethos of Fleetwood Mac, ....... go your own way.

From my grassy knoll, I feel after the Victorian experience, the NSW authorities are still being a bit lukewarm. As I said above, placating business ( tourism, sporting venues, NSW’s image in Aus makeup ).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back