NSW Covid outbreak

Remove this Banner Ad

This zero infections strategy is unsustainable.

Containment, yes.
Once everyone has had the opportunity to get vaccinated? You are correct.

Until then? Couldn't be further from it. The restrictions in Sydney right now are what's required to contain cases in the community. Regardless of how many cases per day you think is acceptable, thats the level of restrictions required to keep it constant. The only number that's signficantly different is 0, Reff * 0 is always going to be 0.

How strict can they get?

The NSW lockdown is piss weak compared to what we went through in Victoria last year.

It sucked, but it worked.

NSW gov needs to go hard but they won't. They are responsible for every current outbreak around the country. But in response we'll just get more of Gladys asking people nicely. She's a coward who can't go against her corporate masters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NSW lockdown is piss weak compared to what we went through in Victoria last year.

It sucked, but it worked.

NSW gov needs to go hard but they won't. They are responsible for every current outbreak around the country. But in response we'll just get more of Gladys asking people nicely. She's a coward who can't go against her corporate masters.
A friend of mine up there calls it a mockdown.

They have refused to treat it seriously and this is the result.

Not sure that people aren't taking it seriously, at least from what I've observed.

People seem to be sticking to the rules. However the rules have some obvious weak points. Cafes/restaurants being allowed to do takeaway is causing people to gather while they wait. Playgrounds is another one - they closed under the April lockdown last year but have been left open this time for some reason. My local is usually packed with parents and kids.

Not sure that people aren't taking it seriously, at least from what I've observed.

People seem to be sticking to the rules. However the rules have some obvious weak points. Cafes/restaurants being allowed to do takeaway is causing people to gather while they wait. Playgrounds is another one - they closed under the April lockdown last year but have been left open this time for some reason. My local is usually packed with parents and kids.
The government will have very clear data on where the transmission is occurring.

Should be simple enough for them to pinpoint what needs tightening.

" a worthwhile challenge " she says at the end of this clip.

Gladys; stop taking health advice from Kyle and Jackie O.

As much as this stuff is good for a laugh - she should stand down.

What she has said there, then backed up with her actions subsequently, shows such an incredibly mind blowing error in judgement that really suggests she simply isn't fit to govern.

They were her words, her judgement call, her opinions. And she was straight out wrong on each account. The impact of her error in judgement is disastrous for her state and the country.

As much as this stuff is good for a laugh - she should stand down.

What she has said there, then backed up with her actions subsequently, shows such an incredibly mind blowing error in judgement that really suggests she simply isn't fit to govern.

They were her words, her judgement call, her opinions. And she was straight out wrong on each account. The impact of her error in judgement is disastrous for her state and the country.

People in Sydney and NSW ( let alone the rest of Aus.) should be infuriated by this. The smugness is appalling !

Last edited:

yeah people still flocking to the beaches and shopping strips. sydney as a whole is not taking it seriously.

c0d94ca97af24f97b27913b6e53e5aaecb26b4bd

How strict can they get?

Put a "ring of steel" around ALL of Sydney for a start......this business of a bit closed off here and a bit closed of there is not working. Also close down all the beaches, no gathering there or swimming. A curfew at night as well. Close all markets....and exercise in their immediate vicinity of their address, preferably in the house or backyard.

...and a 2.5kms radius, with strict fines if not followed. Its the only way to get it under control.

As a result of the contemptious response and lack of commitment to this virus from NSW govt and the people, the rest of Australia is now suffering.

Good on 'em! Very hard to spread COVID out in the fresh air.

Very few are wearing masks let alone keeping distances, also its a public gathering. By your response I get the impression that you could be of similar thinking to the people in the photo..

...not prepared to follow the rules.

Scomo should stop offering to send the ADF to NSW and instead tell Gladys that troops will be arriving and if necessary martial law will be imposed. Her half arsed attempts at a lockdown is destroying her and own state and is affecting the rest of the country as well.

Of course he won't do anything of the sort because I imagine the sight of tanks rolling around Circular Quay might cause more people to question his handling of the crisis along with that of a Coalition premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back