NSW Covid outbreak

Remove this Banner Ad

Hazzard whinging about ‘negativity’ being displayed by the press.
I invite him to watch some of the Victorian press conferences from last year.

They seem to be quite precious up there in the pressers, crack the sads whenever they get asked a question they don't like. Which of course is encouraging the media to come back for another bite....

Gladys was asked why Bunnings was open when its closed elsewhere.....she ignored it completely and asked for the next question, that has nothing to do with Murdoch or a shot at Labor.....it was a fair question but she didn't want to answer it.

Gladys was asked why Bunnings was open when its closed elsewhere.....she ignored it completely and asked for the next question, that has nothing to do with Murdoch or a shot at Labor.....it was a fair question but she didn't want to answer it.
It does. If that was andrews, the various Murdock cronies in the press would have shouted over the rest of the press conference until he answered and then write a front page story about corruption

So are the liberal apologists going to start calling Gladys a mass murderer for the deaths that have occurred, like they do with andrews?

I doubt it. They don't seem to have a problem with her using the premiers office (literally, the actual physical offices) to meet with developers and then make government decisions/policy relating to those meetings which directly benefit her financially.

They seem to be quite precious up there in the pressers, crack the sads whenever they get asked a question they don't like. Which of course is encouraging the media to come back for another bite....

I saw today that the reporters that asked Gladys the hard questions she couldn't answer or ignored overthe last couple of days weren't there, looks like her people are organising a Gladys friendly press team where they'll only ask questions that suit her.

Given the incredible support that Gladys & Co tend to get from the Daily Mail, it's probably all due down to conditioning.

I saw today that the reporters that asked Gladys the hard questions she couldn't answer or ignored overthe last couple of days weren't there, looks like her people are organising a Gladys friendly press team where they'll only ask questions that suit her.
"Mr. Burns Premier, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a run away freight train. Why are you so popular?"

Given the incredible support that Gladys & Co tend to get from the Daily Mail, it's probably all due down to conditioning.

291 today, regardless of the media coverage they have been locked down for six weeks and the number keeps rising. Perhaps they could look at past history and see some rules which worked to bring a number down from 700 to zero and adopt those?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for everyone to get in fighting shape and physically and mentally to prepare for the virus because it's coming. You've had 18 months warning now.

291 today, regardless of the media coverage they have been locked down for six weeks and the number keeps rising. Perhaps they could look at past history and see some rules which worked to bring a number down from 700 to zero and adopt those?

Depends what you class as locked down, in Gladys rose coloured view NSW has the toughest lock down ever experience anywhere in Australia but witnessing the lockdown in person everyday, apart from some shops being closed its hard to tell anything has changed.

Yes there is a couple of suburbs with "no travel" outside their area (which is lightly policed) but everywhere else there are people everywhere. Friend who drives Uber said he was over in Manly this afternoon and the beaches and foreshore were full of people making the most of the rare Sydney sun (majority with no masks) just like any other day of the year.

More of a Mockdown than a lockdown, Glady's main aim at the moment is the 70% population having the injection as that will be the magically stop the plague dead in its tracks and she can prove to the rest of Australia that injections not lockdown were the solution.

Are NSW doing a half assed lockdown still? Haven't been following it as frankly after what VIC has been thru I'm over it

Just got back from a ride along the Parramatta River, in the Parramatta LGA where they are suppose to be under "Australia's strictest restrictions" as Gladys puts it, the river side cafes were full of people, lots of people having picnics in the parks or just sitting around talking and probably only 25% wearing masks, and the car parks at the boats ramps were full. Yep its working, sure Sydney will be above 500 per day by the end of the week (or sooner).

Just got back from a ride along the Parramatta River, in the Parramatta LGA where they are suppose to be under "Australia's strictest restrictions" as Gladys puts it, the river side cafes were full of people, lots of people having picnics in the parks or just sitting around talking and probably only 25% wearing masks, and the car parks at the boats ramps were full. Yep its working, sure Sydney will be above 500 per day by the end of the week (or sooner).

Im in the inner west and it’s exactly the same here. Roads are packed and plenty of traffic constantly. Parks are full of people and not just those exercising but people just hanging out in groups and taking in the sun. Now who knows of those groups gathering are from the same household but I doubt that.

You can hardly call this a lockdown and I’m in the same boat as you and expect these numbers to be getting up towards 500 in a weeks time.

Why hasn't nsw gone into a total lockdown ala vic 2020?

I distinctive remember the month long lockdown started when we got to 75 daily cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back