NSW govt bans greyhound racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the moment before the possum is grabbed. No gore.
tumblr_n7a6c5srSs1tv8agco1_250.jpg

What a bloody farce.

So in politician speak the ******* is saying they'll be able to get the dole.

What compensation to people who've poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into their properties and businesses?

Tough luck. When you support animal cruelty this is the exact treatment you deserve. Good work Victoria, I guess you will also keep the ridiculous BSL Law in place as well.

Tough luck. When you support animal cruelty this is the exact treatment you deserve. Good work Victoria, I guess you will also keep the ridiculous BSL Law in place as well.

Where is your evidence the people who poured their life savings into something they love support animal cruelty?

Admit it, you made that up based on zero evidence.

Where is your evidence the people who poured their life savings into something they love support animal cruelty?

Admit it, you made that up based on zero evidence.

now i'm going out a limb here but i'm going to put live baiting in the animal cruelty basket. the evidence i'll use will be the photo chief posted.

now prove animal cruelty doesn't happen in the %'s shown in the report.

now i'm going out a limb here but i'm going to put live baiting in the animal cruelty basket. the evidence i'll use will be the photo chief posted.

now prove animal cruelty doesn't happen in the %'s shown in the report.

So because one person does something then the other 99 people have to prove to you they don't?

Is that what you're asking?

That's a dangerous can of worms you're opening there if that's what you're expecting.

1.52 In the course of the Inquiry, the Commission compelled 10 persons, whom it suspected of being engaged in live baiting, to give evidence in public hearings concerning the practice. Nine of the 10 admitted that they had engaged in this barbaric practice. The other person denied having engaged in the practice, but the Commission is comfortably satisfied that he had. The nine witnesses gave various descriptions of their views of the extent of live baiting in the industry. Among the descriptions were that the practice was “common practice”, “rampant” and “extremely widespread”. The effect of their evidence was that some of them believed up to 90% of industry participants used live rabbits to train greyhounds. These views were based on gossip and talking with other trainers and participants in the industry. The Commission concluded that their evidence as to the extent of live baiting could not be regarded as a reliable indicator of the extent of live baiting.

1.52 In the course of the Inquiry, the Commission compelled 10 persons, whom it suspected of being engaged in live baiting, to give evidence in public hearings concerning the practice. Nine of the 10 admitted that they had engaged in this barbaric practice. The other person denied having engaged in the practice, but the Commission is comfortably satisfied that he had. The nine witnesses gave various descriptions of their views of the extent of live baiting in the industry. Among the descriptions were that the practice was “common practice”, “rampant” and “extremely widespread”. The effect of their evidence was that some of them believed up to 90% of industry participants used live rabbits to train greyhounds. These views were based on gossip and talking with other trainers and participants in the industry. The Commission concluded that their evidence as to the extent of live baiting could not be regarded as a reliable indicator of the extent of live baiting.

Well * me, guess work is now how we come to conclusions.

All of a sudden people who are being pushed as being disreputable and shady are now all of a sudden credible and believable witnesses to be taken at their word.

Boggles the mind.

Well **** me, guess work is now how we come to conclusions.

All of a sudden people who are being pushed as being disreputable and shady are now all of a sudden credible and believable witnesses to be taken at their word.

Boggles the mind.
Considering you actually lie about your anecdotes... I'd stick with the "guesswork" of the report, rather than your word...

What do you say to report I posted, saying trainers were cutting the claws off possums to get around the scratching issue?

I'd say they are flat out rogue operators and breaking the law big time. Possums are a protected species and are protected as such by law. These people should be prosecuted under any and all laws that protect our native wildlife.

I had a litter of 9 pups, sadly before they were covered enough by the inoculations they contracted canine distemper from a probably fox that got close to their puppy run.

I lost 8 of the pups. The one that survived 12 months later was running around in a yard and smashed a hock and had to be put down.

So the records would say 9 pups born, none made it to track.

Idiots then say look, 9 pups bred and none raced, must have all been slow and put down.
Had a litter from my city class bitch only to lose all but 1 of the 9 pups to Canine Distemper in a freakishly piece of bad luck as it was one week before their last injection.

Then the only pup that didn't get CD was trialling very well and looked city class, only for him to get brought down from behind in a trial and break his neck.

Just more lies from Bostonian.

Originally said it died during a trial while looking "city class"...
But in this thread he says it was running around in the yard and smashed a hock..

So, believe the live baiting bullshit artists that is Bostonian, or believe the report? Hmm... it's a toughie...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well **** me, guess work is now how we come to conclusions.

Boggles the mind.

Lol the "hypocrisy" in this post.

Option A) believe you - where you, a biased individual furthers his cause by stating most people don't bait on a public anonymous forum.
Option B) believe the report - where 9 of 10 people argue against their cause in an inquiry by a supreme judge or whatever.

Your word has to be taken as the just and unequivocal truth about the entire industry, whereas option B are now disreputable, shady and corrupt government and greyhound workers.

Give me a rest mate, you don't speak for the industry and it seems you will never get it. Your opinions continually reek of insular and what I don't see doesn't happen estimates with little or no information to back them up. While any counter points are either "lol, gubment is corrupt" or "hey cats caused aids, baiting ain't that bad by comparison"

Boggles the ******* mind.

9 people have given evidence to the Inquiry that live baiting is at best common and at worst rampant, bearing in mind that these people could face up to 5 years in jail for providing false and misleading testimony under the Special Commissions of Inquiry Act 1983.

But yeah, the illogical and self contradictory ramblings of an internet warrior have so much more credibility :drunk:

Just more lies from Bostonian.

Originally said it died during a trial while looking "city class"...
But in this thread he says it was running around in the yard and smashed a hock..

So, believe the live baiting bullshit artists that is Bostonian, or believe the report? Hmm... it's a toughie...
far out, how many aliases is this guy running?

I'd say they are flat out rogue operators and breaking the law big time. Possums are a protected species and are protected as such by law. These people should be prosecuted under any and all laws that protect our native wildlife.
But what of your claim that baiting with possums is out of the question due to scratches?

Lol the "hypocrisy" in this post.

Option A) believe you - where you, a biased individual furthers his cause by stating most people don't bait on a public anonymous forum.

What cause do I have? I don't have any racing greyhounds.

Option B) believe the report - where 9 of 10 people argue against their cause in an inquiry by a supreme judge or whatever.

Why are you believing them? We're being told they are disreputable people from the get go and now all of a sudden you simply believe everything they say.

The report has flawed data. Can that not be questioned and pointed out or is that you behind the keyboard Roger Goodell?

Your word has to be taken as the just and unequivocal truth about the entire industry, whereas option B are now disreputable, shady and corrupt government and greyhound workers.

Actually I want unequivocal evidence of every single persons guilt. Not the word of a few disreputable people being held up as any kind of truth.

Give me a rest mate, you don't speak for the industry and it seems you will never get it. Your opinions continually reek of insular and what I don't see doesn't happen estimates with little or no information to back them up. While any counter points are either "lol, gubment is corrupt" or "hey cats caused aids, baiting ain't that bad by comparison"

Boggles the ******* mind.

I've provided examples of where their statistics are flawed. Nice to see you totally ignore them.

Those are counter points your tiny mind skipped over to go for the sensationalist crap you so willingly swallow up. Well done champ.

9 people have given evidence to the Inquiry that live baiting is at best common and at worst rampant, bearing in mind that these people could face up to 5 years in jail for providing false and misleading testimony under the Special Commissions of Inquiry Act 1983.

But yeah, the illogical and self contradictory ramblings of an internet warrior have so much more credibility :drunk:

Yeah because nine people who are apparently dodgy as * would know know what the the rest of the industry is doing. :drunk:

The evidence they provided was so concrete that authorities can now go out and arrest thousands upon thousands of people for illegal activates because these nine peoples evidence is irrefutable proof. That's how reliable a witness they all are.

When is that due to happen?

I said "That's why this video the ABC used is the far extreme of the industry, not the norm."

So I never said it was out of the question.
But the claws issue is not, it turns out, any sort of deterrent.

This was your reasoning -live baiting is a small issue because rabbits and piglets don't move enough or make enough noise, so they are not that great for live baiting. Possums make noise, I said, or seemed to in the video on the ABC.

No, you said, possums scratch so people don't use them.

What about the reports that they remove the claws?

That's why the video is the extreme, not the norm! you say.

Huh? Why is using possums extreme and not normal?

It staggers belief that anyone can go on sticking their fingers in the ears singing 'lalalalala' as long as this guy can.
but, but, but, the Government made up the report
but, but, but, the former High Court justice is corrupt
but, but, but, I participated in live baiting but no-one does it
but, but, but I read the report but don't know anything that is in it
but, but, but, people risked 5 years in jail to say that live baiting is common for absolutely no reason
but, but, but I proved the statistics used are incorrect by giving you made up anecdotes
etc, etc ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back