NSW govt bans greyhound racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a mass grave of greyhounds has been found - is this not the case?
The 99 greyhounds of which the guess was that many, but not all, were killed for being too slow? Yes. So? That proves that every mass grave is greyhounds I guess... Who'd also have thought that a trial track that has a base residence of x(?) number of greyhounds and hundreds of dogs going through it every week would have a grave with 99 greyhound carcases. As I stated before, my old home in suburban Melbourne has the graves of 5 dogs there, which is every dog we'd owned by the time we left.

No it doesn't prove that - but it does raise the question how a mass grave of 99 greyhounds (not near a racetrack as far as I can recall) came to be.
They were found at a trial track and it was included in the McHugh report. Maybe read up on the topic (in somewhere other than your daily paper) and get back to us.

By the way, trial tracks aren't usually stand-alone tracks, they usually board greyhounds as well, as is the case with that particular track.

The Greyhound Racing supporting wingnuts are suggesting that greyhound rescue in league with the RSPCA (and probably the Zionist occupied NSW state government) is killing greyhounds and burying them in mass graves to make the industry look bad. Seriously :drunk:
Ahhh, the RSPCA. The biggest killer of animals in Australia!

14100377_1570718646568461_193885322666569283_n.jpg

Come on then, impress us all, what is the full story.
It'd take me pages to give you the whole story and even then you'd dispute it, as we see repeatedly in this topic. I'm also not here to impress you. Do your own research but this time do it properly rather than believe everything an anti-racing Facebook page tells you. One thing we know about 'anti's' is that they don't deal in facts or truth.

Oh now I see, you're involved with 'Greyhound Rescue', LOL. I wonder if you sent in a submission to the McHugh Inquisition telling them the organisation had rehomed more than 800 greyhounds between 2009 and ...? Probably not, why not just let everyone believe those dogs had been killed, hey. Two hundred independent 'rescue' organisations in NSW must rehome a lot of greyhounds. Let's see, 200 x 800 = 16,000 possibly since 2009, all presumed dead by Mr McHugh and the NSW Government.

Last edited:
Come on then, impress us all, what is the full story.

Not saying you are wrong, but if you are the one presenting "facts" then the onus is on you to back them up not on someone else to dispute them. Especially when the graph comes from a very biased source with a small sample size.

The "Various reasons" tag that makes up 50% of the dogs leaves too much unsaid as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

49-30 passed

The vote was 48-35 http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4116878/greyhound-racing-banned-in-nsw-poll/

With the government having bought the Greens the legislation was always going to pass. Some Lib and Nationals crossed the floor to vote against it, while others disagreed, on the public record, but were too gutless to do the same, afterall, it was more about keeping their jobs than representing the people of their electorates. Hopefully we'll see the result of that at various by-elections and the next State one.

The truth of the matter will play out in court in the coming months where, IMO, the McHugh report will be shown up for what it is, remembering that Baird totally relied upon it (unless you include Facebook comments posted to his FB acct by anti's that he quoted in his speech during question time LOL) to legislate the banning. However, the court in question (Supreme) won't be able to change the legislation, hence the unprecedented (for this type of legislation) rushing of it through parliament.

Last edited:
Not saying you are wrong, but if you are the one presenting "facts" then the onus is on you to back them up not on someone else to dispute them. Especially when the graph comes from a very biased source with a small sample size.

The "Various reasons" tag that makes up 50% of the dogs leaves too much unsaid as well
Fair point. The figures come directly from greyhound racing participants - the ones who voluntarily submitted R106 forms to GRNSW telling them what happened to the dogs who were no longer racing.

Source: http://www.greyhoundracinginquiry.j...CI-Greyhound-Racing-Industry-NSW-Volume-2.pdf

:drunk: yeah it was all a conspiracy :drunk:
The figures in there were supplied to the inquiry by the industry body - these are the figures represented in the chart I supplied, please tell me why they are incorrect.
I've given you the correct figures previously. People, what you see in Kynge Of Begrem's posts is the kind of propaganda anti's use to discredit the racing industry. They know the truth but disregard it, instead relying on pretty graphs made from distorted data. In other words, they lie.

By the way, I don't think I've used the word "conspiracy" anywhere, although you have at least a couple of times.

i don't see how you can ignore one report by quoting another equally in-reputable report. one was by a high justice whatever and another by the greyhound racing body.
Another post made by someone who actually has no idea. This 'report' by the greyhound racing body wasn't a report at all, it was a summary from people who'd voluntarily supplied them with information of the whereabouts of their dogs. The submission given to the McHugh Inquiry by that same greyhound racing body told them that the real euthanasia rate was 6.9%, gleaned from a compulsory survey done by them. The latter was hidden from publication, for whatever reason you can think of, but leaked to The Australian newspaper. Please keep up with the conversation.

If you haven't done so, read the publicly available submissions given to the McHugh report, which is the majority of 'evidence' relied upon for him to reach his conclusion. The majority of submissions were from people outside the industry, ie, people who also had no idea but believed everything they read in the media and on Facebook. Many lies were told in those submissions and many were just signed printouts of the same bogus 'evidence'. Remember 'Ernie'?

also it's my understand that the 7% hasn't actually been published and is currently hearsay as no one will put their name to it?

I'm disappointed they've banned the industry it was clearly the wrong call and one made on a dollar basis. reform should always come before annihilation but the s**t throwing from both sides does no one justice. The fact that there is such a hugely debatable figure will be the killing blow to the industry as they were capable of bringing in rules for transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back