NSW NSW State Election: 25th March 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

How many Labour/Greens voters in Western Sydney possibly did not vote today directly due to the breakdowns on their train line this afternoon?
Might this materially affect the results in seats like Penrith/Parramatta?
It would have had the opposite effect. Liberals would have been punished.

It happened I'm Victoria when Labor lost. The Frankston line was closed for trackworks. Labor lost a few of the seats along it

I feel sorry for a guy like Kean, he just wants to have lower taxes and a few friendly tax breaks and favourable deals to feather his and his friends nest.

Unfortunately he is now saddled with xenophobes, racists and climate change deniers. Tough times for the rent seekers.
Kean is probably just a Labor right private schoolboy, who became friends with the wrong crowd at uni. Or had a relative involved with the Liberal party.

He's gotta name all his kids.

marge simpson GIF

And a repeat of the ongoing fallacy of 'we lost it because of votes to the right - which is based on zero fact and when everything points to the opposite.

Hate hate how he just talked right the frack over her.

One gets it. One is in la la land

I don’t know why they keep bringing Johnny Howard out again and again.

The other reporter gets it, but to rwnj he is a deity.

They need to move out of the conservative shadow into the new world. But they won’t and are just hoping the world changes back.
It's 2023 and they're still wheeling out the guy who found 1996 a bit too racy for his taste.

turns out going the way of populism & extreme right wing politics really turns people away from your party, who’d have guessed!

i hope this really makes the brains trust reassess their alignments with sky news & move away from religious fundamentalism & hardcore US conservative tactics

turns out going the way of populism & extreme right wing politics really turns people away from your party, who’d have guessed!

i hope this really makes the brains trust reassess their alignments with sky news & move away from religious fundamentalism & hardcore US conservative tactics
Doubtful

Yep. The RW thugs here and elsewhere have embarked on a concerted project for 20 years or more to rid their parties of moderates.

While they were busy achieving that with relentless determination, the outside world moved away from their crazed ideology.

And now the thugs look up from their thuggery, they realise no-one will vote for that schitte anymore.

So they have nothing.

i can still be optimistic!

was talking to my folks about it, one of which votes lnp and they're fed up with the direction the party has been taking for the past 5 or so years. ended up voting labour at the federal and labour at the state election, so hopefully there's more people like him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The socially progressive, economically conservative "moderate" Lib is kidding themselves anyway. While conservative economic policies reign true there's not too much social progression happening anywhere.
Maybe you were asleep for the last 18 months while they decriminalised abortion and passed voluntary assisted dying

i can still be optimistic!

was talking to my folks about it, one of which votes lnp and they're fed up with the direction the party has been taking for the past 5 or so years. ended up voting labour at the federal and labour at the state election, so hopefully there's more people like him
Only the past 5 years?

Maybe you were asleep for the last 18 months while they decriminalised abortion and passed voluntary assisted dying
This is perhaps at the heart of the Liberal party's problem, all their significant policy wins of note and you could point to marriage equality here too, are culture war issues that have over time gained majority support in the electorate while their austerity economics continued unabated which is really at the heart of their unpopularity.

Only the past 5 years?
he's an old codger, love him to death but his stance was always "i've always voted for nats so i'll just vote for libs" when we moved urban. he works with people my age and i think that, along with me studying politics and talking about it with him has slowly changed his mind. during abbott & morrison he was particularly frustrated with their failures to do anything substantial

Stuart Ayres on Friday said that "Labor doesn't care about Western Sydney".

Nek minnit a number of WS seats are gone for the LNP and quite likely Ayres' own Penrith gone too.

Seems that the good folk of Western Sydney don't agree with Stuart.

This is perhaps at the heart of the Liberal party's problem, all their significant policy wins of note and you could point to marriage equality here too, are culture war issues that have over time gained majority support in the electorate while their austerity economics continued unabated which is really at the heart of their unpopularity.
An issue they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to.......and even then they did their best to stall.

i believe credlin is saying the reason the libs lost is they went too far left. what planet is that individual on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back